E

Eric Sandmael

Some additional facts about Casa Linda:
Approx. 220 direct employees
Additional 110 in construction, working for different contractors
More than 100 private employees hired by homeowners directly
We are expanding very fast and hiring people every week
More than 300 homeowners spend a lot of money in this area
I hope at least some of you believe that Casa Linda contributes something to the communities around here

F

frank12

I hope at least some of you believe that Casa Linda contributes something to the communities around here

And there you have it...over 200 employees and 300 home owners, and 12-different phases!

The place is huge, and it supports a huge Dominican population, who in turn support all of their children and families.

So, the place is an asset to the north cost, the island, and the Dominican community.

J

jd426

With " huge" place + low Dominican Wages usually come Economies of Scale ... Economics 101
does not seem to apply here though..

E

Eric Sandmael

With " huge" place + low Dominican Wages usually come Economies of Scale ... Economics 101

I'm not sure of what you exactly are saying. However, just to repeat myself: Casa Linda has ZERO profit on the HOA fees. Some years we even have losses because we want to keep the HOA fees as low as possible.

Reactions: Michael DR
C

cobraboy

What about the short-term rentals, excessive noise from the partiers, and their questionable guests?

G

George101

So the house has a fee of 350 usd, three bedroom. Power is 13.30 peso for the first 200 kwh which isn't that bad for 24/7 power, but still more expensive than Hispaniola, Seahorse ranch, SoV and pretty much anywhere else with Edenorte electricity. I plan on using 1000 kwh a month which isn't going to be cheap for that typical american setup. With a ups and some batteries, I can try to provide my own 24/7 power or just live without 24/7 power. Hispaniola and most places you connect with Edenorte directly and not sure about casa Linda.

E

Eric Sandmael

What about the short-term rentals, excessive noise from the partiers, and their questionable guests?

I don't have any problem to admit that Casa Linda is not perfect. And I agree that we have had, and still, a few times have issues with some renters.
However, after we started to enforce the rules a few months ago regarding noise, there have been a lot of improvements. We can still be better, and that's also our top priority goal.

In order to achieve our goals, Casa Linda is about to start an attitude campaign in September where the slogan is:
Casa Linda from "Good to Great"

E

Ecoman1949

That price seems massively high for 131 villas.

The bigger joke is thinking a Dominican guard with a shotty would actually use the shotty on a fellow Dominican.

Never happening.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yo Wharfrat. Cool DR1 name. We have a Wharfrat biker festival every year in my area. PM me when you get ten posts. I’ll tell you all about. There is some truth in what you say about a Dominican security guard not shooting another Dominican. He might if he is being shot at. They won’t risk it for what their getting paid and suffer the resulting consequences.

E

Eric Sandmael

So the house has a fee of 350 usd, three bedroom. Power is 13.30 peso for the first 200 kwh which isn't that bad for 24/7 power, but still more expensive than Hispaniola, Seahorse ranch, SoV and pretty much anywhere else with Edenorte electricity. I plan on using 1000 kwh a month which isn't going to be cheap for that typical american setup. With a ups and some batteries, I can try to provide my own 24/7 power or just live without 24/7 power. Hispaniola and most places you connect with Edenorte directly and not sure about casa Linda.

Not sure where you get all this wrong info from. HOA for a 3 bedroom is US$ 265, and part of this is subject to ITBIS. I don't know what other subdivisions charge for electricity, or whether they are connected directly to Edenorte or not, but Casa Linda has their own electricity grid. In addition; we don't charge anything extra for being connected to back-up generator. We will also shortly be solar powered.

B

Bred

. We will also shortly be solar powered.

Looks impressive on Google Maps -

2yyt4cz.jpg

And on neighbour's security cameras -

2hprse8.jpg

C

chico bill

Not sure where you get all this wrong info from. HOA for a 3 bedroom is US$ 265, and part of this is subject to ITBIS. I don't know what other subdivisions charge for electricity, or whether they are connected directly to Edenorte or not, but Casa Linda has their own electricity grid. In addition; we don't charge anything extra for being connected to back-up generator. We will also shortly be solar powered.

So residents will see a drop in electrical rates in the near future when the Solar Panels go online ?

In some countries it is illegal to sell power at a higher KW rate than the electric utility company sells it for eacht area of service.
Maybe that is not the case in DR.
And certainly backup power would be an extra defined cost plus power generating maintenance

C

chico bill

Why on earth did someone lump Brent's murder--which is from a completely different community--into this thread??

There's a lot of misinformation here.

Someone was comparing security at the two gated urbanizations - saying LM was more secure than CL

E

El Rey de Mangu

The problem with DR1 is that there is so much misinformation being spread here.

I understand that it happens everywhere, but it needs cleaned up immediately. Lumping a murder into this thread...why? Why do that? Why let it stand? And not knowing how huge Casa Linda is and how many phases there are? Not understanding how many hundreds of employees and staff they have that can be effected by this misinformation. Is that a good thing?

There's a lot of hard working, honest, good Dominicans working there for many, many years. It's not good that misinformation like this gets spread around. But the worst thing here, in my opinion, is allowing a murder that has absolutely nothing to do with Casa Linda to be lumped in here. What purpose does that serve?

What misinformation trying to promote a weak book?

A

amordecanada

I don't often respond to threads on this site because too many people are too quick to bite your head off. But here i am....i am a Casa Linda owner. I am in the first phase. And I love it.
I lived in a non-gated community for about 3 years and i did like living there. Best view of Sosua!.
But once I made the decision to own....i chose Casa Linda. I like all the security....i like not having bars on every single window and door. I can walk my dog thru the neighborhood at 10 o'clock at night and feel very secure. That I never did in my old neighborhood.
It is nice to be able to leave my house for an extended period of time without worrying about being robbed. (I was robbed in my old apartment when i was out of the country. And yes i had bars on all windows and doors...and there someone living upstairs. But they still managed to bend the bars and send in a small kid. Lost a tv among several other things).
I love having 24/7 electric....knowing that generator is always there. My old place only had invertor and batteries, which during the hurricanes died after 36 hours. Leaving me with no hydro for 24 hrs before the power came back on.
I like all my neighbors here and I am very fortunate that there have been no puta parties since i moved in.
The other thing i like is if my internet or cable go out....Casa Linda has their own technicians. Imagine no waiting for days for delancer to show up and repair my cable.
So as you can see there are many benefits to living here. If a gated community isn't your thing....there are lots of barrios to choose. But don't put us down because I choose the live safely and comfortably

D

dulce

I don't often respond to threads on this site because too many people are too quick to bite your head off. But here i am....i am a Casa Linda owner. I am in the first phase. And I love it.
I lived in a non-gated community for about 3 years and i did like living there. Best view of Sosua!.
But once I made the decision to own....i chose Casa Linda. I like all the security....i like not having bars on every single window and door. I can walk my dog thru the neighborhood at 10 o'clock at night and feel very secure. That I never did in my old neighborhood.
It is nice to be able to leave my house for an extended period of time without worrying about being robbed. (I was robbed in my old apartment when i was out of the country. And yes i had bars on all windows and doors...and there someone living upstairs. But they still managed to bend the bars and send in a small kid. Lost a tv among several other things).
I love having 24/7 electric....knowing that generator is always there. My old place only had invertor and batteries, which during the hurricanes died after 36 hours. Leaving me with no hydro for 24 hrs before the power came back on.
I like all my neighbors here and I am very fortunate that there have been no puta parties since i moved in.
The other thing i like is if my internet or cable go out....Casa Linda has their own technicians. Imagine no waiting for days for delancer to show up and repair my cable.
So as you can see there are many benefits to living here. If a gated community isn't your thing....there are lots of barrios to choose. But don't put us down because I choose the live safely and comfortably

What is the cost of your security?

Reactions: JD Jones
A

amordecanada

What is the cost of your security?

I pay $250 s month...this includes almost daily garbage pickup....another bonus. No garbage on the streets. Hated that at my old place.
Streetlights are maintained....so no dark spots.
In my old neighborhood we had to repair our own lights....so many remained unlit.
Grounds are immaculate.

Reactions: JD Jones
D

dulce

I pay $250 s month...this includes almost daily garbage pickup....another bonus. No garbage on the streets. Hated that at my old place.
Streetlights are maintained....so no dark spots.
In my old neighborhood we had to repair our own lights....so many remained unlit.
Grounds are immaculate.

Thank you for the answer. That is a far cry from the $32,000 US mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
Lots of misinformation here.

C

cobraboy

Thank you for the answer. That is a far cry from the $32,000 US mentioned at the beginning of the thread.
Lots of misinformation here.
I understood the $32,000 was for the entire complex including security, which makes sense.

P

Polar Bear

What do you pay for electric /kWh and what are the different levels? first 250 kWh then next 250 @ X amount, etc...

Thanks!

A

amordecanada

What do you pay for electric /kWh and what are the different levels? first 250 kWh then next 250 @ X amount, etc...

Thanks!

I don't get the actual breakdown.
This month i paid $250
That is with main room A/c running all day...then 2 bedroom A/C running all night. 6 - 7 fans running pretty much 24/7. Tv on throughout the day and pool pump running 3hrs every other day. And of course lights.
I'm not ashamed to say i like my North American comforts.

If i was back home...I'd also have A/C running. My hydro bill there during the summer months was sometimes $300 a month.