Security Costs at Casa Linda

P

Polar Bear

Thanks!

Still curious about the actual rates. Perhaps someone else will enlighten us.

Eric-Sandmael????

C

chico bill

I pay $250 s month...this includes almost daily garbage pickup....another bonus. No garbage on the streets. Hated that at my old place.
Streetlights are maintained....so no dark spots.
In my old neighborhood we had to repair our own lights....so many remained unlit.
Grounds are immaculate.

I know the feeling of garbage :(

F

franco1111

An obvious question is how much did the solar installation cost. And, how will it be paid for. I would guess a special assessment, but who knows. Loan? Monthly payments. Could be a model for other places.

G

George101

So I was able to confirm the cost for a three bedroom in Casa Linda is around 350 USD. I didn't mishear all the rental agents. Apparently you have to becareful with casa Linda sellers because they're saying the price with just garbage pick up and security and not water or taxes. Also as someone mentioned that in some places it's illegal to sell electricity higher than utilities companies. I would imagine it would be highly illegal in the Dominican republic to resell electricity higher than edenorte rates. I'm sure most Dominicans would agree foreign property developers should be held responsible if they resell electricity at a higher price.

P

Polar Bear

So I was able to confirm the cost for a three bedroom in Casa Linda is around 350 USD. I didn't mishear all the rental agents. Apparently you have to becareful with casa Linda sellers because they're saying the price with just garbage pick up and security and not water or taxes. Also as someone mentioned that in some places it's illegal to sell electricity higher than utilities companies. I would imagine it would be highly illegal in the Dominican republic to resell electricity higher than edenorte rates. I'm sure most Dominicans would agree foreign property developers should be held responsible if they resell electricity at a higher price.

I won't name any condo's but I know I've been quoted and/or paid a much higher rate than edenorte when renting...and it wasn't extra high just for the short term renters. It was the same for all, built right into their condo regs.

W

Wharfrat1976

I also heard that if you live in Casa Linda expect to be robbed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

T

Tamborista

I also heard that if you live in Casa Linda expect to be robbed.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I believe it is forum policy to post your full name on here and links to substantiate your slanderous comments.

G

George101

The Constitution of the Dominican Republic prohibits monopolies, except when in favour of the Dominican State. The Competition Law regulates the abuse of a dominant position in the market. If local Dominicans who rent in casa Linda are being forced to close their Edenorte account and pay 300% higher rates for the first 200 kwh to a foreign company then It should be fair the person who controls the Monopoly should be placed in jail, have all their Dominican assets siezed and deported back to their country where creating Monopolies is legal.

E

El Rey de Mangu

The Constitution of the Dominican Republic prohibits monopolies, except when in favour of the Dominican State. The Competition Law regulates the abuse of a dominant position in the market. If local Dominicans who rent in casa Linda are being forced to close their Edenorte account and pay 300% higher rates for the first 200 kwh to a foreign company then It should be fair the person who controls the Monopoly should be placed in jail, have all their Dominican assets siezed and deported back to their country where creating Monopolies is legal.

Brilliant display of no knowledge of DR, Edenorte or Casa Linda

Reactions: JD Jones
L

lifeisgreat

Wonder what effects the whore mongering downfall will effect the weekend warrior rentals in CL.... maybe they won’t need
As many security guards once you know who your neighbor is in the morning...CL has its niche ,everyone likes something
Different..

C

Cdn_Gringo

I can see why Casa Linda appeals to some. They certainly seem to have more on offer than some of the other gated local communities. If the economics and structure work for the individual, why not? Private electricity, private water, private security, private cable/internet, shuttle service and other things... One stop shopping for those who prefer a turnkey Dominican experience.

That's what many retires will want - not having to learn Spanish to get something fixed. Having a restaurant close by, getting around town on the shuttle means no local driving and one number to call for most problem resolutions.

I see how that can be appealing to some. Just having the electricity stay on without having to service your own generator or keep a battery bank on site and the property being relatively secure during times the owner is not there would be is worth some extra $$$ to me.

If Casa Linda continues provides this "AI" option to full time residents they should continue to do well.

F

frank12

Casa Linda is beautiful. The landscaping is excellent. The different phases are beautiful and diverse.

There is an American couple (probably members on here), George & Evan--both retired from the American military and also retired from working for the American embassy in Germany. After they built their house in one of the newer phases, they put a below ground, temperature controlled, wine cellar. It's stunning! Absolutely beautiful.

Every phase i have been in is beautifully landscaped and big on security. Putting in the restaurant and the small store was very smart. I like the restaurant, and as i mentioned, they have a brand new, full size, pool table, that i enjoyed playing on with friends while drinking good wine from the bar.

They know what they are doing.

C

cobraboy

Casa Linda is one of the few places I'd consider buying on the North Coast. The HOA fees seem reasonable.

J

jd426

what next ? your recipe for pineapple upside down cake in a "security at casa linda" thread

LMFAO ...

As to the Topic , to each his own ... Will have to check this place out in more detail now , had always assumed before it was a LOUD place with WILD parties all weekend long by the Renters ( "we know what it is " as they like to say)
Its good to hear that lots of Families are buying IN..
. The Grounds seem to be well groomed . I would rather have heard that most of the HOA money goes towards maintaining same , and to keep the place looking all NICE... That is where the real VALUE is .. not hiring a hundred Security guards with fake shotguns trying to look busy... If anything went down , those are the LAST guys i would look to for help.. just my .02

T

tripp789

I’ve rented in CL three times now with the last being a 4 bedroom in January of this year. We did have some late night noise from a neighboring villa this last time. Just as likely to have been a couple arguing as a hooker feud.

Each time we’ve been impressed with the level of service and the quality of the accommodations. We have considered buying there but are looking around to other places as well. Certainly not out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W

windeguy

LMFAO ...

As to the Topic , to each his own ... Will have to check this place out in more detail now , had always assumed before it was a LOUD place with WILD parties all weekend long by the Renters ( "we know what it is " as they like to say)
Its good to hear that lots of Families are buying IN..
. The Grounds seem to be well groomed . I would rather have heard that most of the HOA money goes towards maintaining same , and to keep the place looking all NICE... That is where the real VALUE is .. not hiring a hundred Security guards with fake shotguns trying to look busy... If anything went down , those are the LAST guys i would look to for help.. just my .02

You should. Many people live in Casa Linda and like it a lot. Living most of the year is the new norm on the north coast, snowbirds and tourists, less so over time.

No place is perfect, especially in the DR.

When where I live hired a security team, problems went WAY down, it is what it is. Those who live in private homes based upon their own security, whatever that is, also feel they are doing the best for themselves. Two words, La Mulata.

Last edited:
G

George101

13.3 pesos at Casa linda and Edenorte wants 4.4 peso. Verified knowledge. Also verified that out of SOV, Hispaniola, Seahorse AND casa Linda, Casa Linda is the only one that doesn't seem to respect Dominicans and their Constitution, easily verifiable. Every respectable property management company says most condos have generators, but they are unaware of any practice that explains why they're restricting access to edenorte besides possibly using the control of extort the community to pay excessive fres. One thing everyone seems to agree the practice is criminal and the owners would be mostly jailed when more Dominicans have their rights violated or if the same property management company expands into a Dominican neighborhood. All verifiable.

Last edited: