Security Costs at Casa Linda

E

Ecoman1949

13.3 pesos at Casa linda and Edenorte wants 4.4 peso. Verified knowledge. Also verified that out of SOV, Hispaniola, Seahorse AND casa Linda, Casa Linda is the only one that doesn't seem to respect Dominicans and their Constitution, easily verifiable. Every respectable property management company says most condos have generators, but they are unaware of any practice that explains why they're restricting access to edenorte besides possibly using the control of extort the community to pay excessive fres. One thing everyone seems to agree the practice is criminal and the owners would be mostly jailed when more Dominicans have their rights violated or if the same property management company expands into a Dominican neighborhood. All verifiable.

George, I’m amazed the DR police hasn’t investigated and prosecuted Casa Linda management for high electricity fees. The DR police tend to react quickly to gringo related illegal activities, especially where there is a potential for easy prosecution and significant fines. How can Casa Linda management continue to charge exorbitant electricity fees?

A

AlterEgo

13.3 pesos at Casa linda and Edenorte wants 4.4 peso. Verified knowledge. Also verified that out of SOV, Hispaniola, Seahorse AND casa Linda, Casa Linda is the only one that doesn't seem to respect Dominicans and their Constitution, easily verifiable. Every respectable property management company says most condos have generators, but they are unaware of any practice that explains why they're restricting access to edenorte besides possibly using the control of extort the community to pay excessive fres. One thing everyone seems to agree the practice is criminal and the owners would be mostly jailed when more Dominicans have their rights violated or if the same property management company expands into a Dominican neighborhood. All verifiable.

At this point, it appears you really aren’t considering purchasing in Casa Linda, but simply have either a vendetta against them or an interest in another community nearby. Either way, beginning now, at this very moment, you are no longer permitted to comment about CL unless you publicly post your full legal name, address, phone number and email address.

G

George101

At this point, it appears you really aren’t considering purchasing in Casa Linda, but simply have either a vendetta against them or an interest in another community nearby. Either way, beginning now, at this very moment, you are no longer permitted to comment about CL unless you publicly post your full legal name, address, phone number and email address.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great community, that's why I was considering moving a family of 10 and also been contacting the local schools.

S

SosuaSam

George, if you have made a comparison of fees and power/water costs between different local communities, it would be very informative to share that here. I'm certain many readers would be interested in knowing the differences as well as some might be able to verify the costs (in case your real estate agent isn't 100% correct).

T

tee

When you buy a villa in Hispaniola you pay to connect to the project generator and in Hispaniola you also pay a generator maintenance fee each month but this was an option although I know that many owners decided to take the option as it was more convenient for them. I know that many years ago the cost in Hispaniola was U$5000 (yes, five thousand dollars) for the hook up to the generator and then pay a fee each month. Sosua Ocean Village used to charge separately to hook up to the generator and it was several thousand dollars. Now they do not charge this, it is built into the price but they still charge a monthly fee of U$25 for the generator.
Casa Linda have never charged separately to hook up to the generator and they also do not charge each month a fee for the generator. All the costs are built in to the electricity rate....if the generator breaks down and is beyond repair, then it is Casa Linda that pays for this.

E

Ecoman1949

When you buy a villa in Hispaniola you pay to connect to the project generator and in Hispaniola you also pay a generator maintenance fee each month but this was an option although I know that many owners decided to take the option as it was more convenient for them. I know that many years ago the cost in Hispaniola was U$5000 (yes, five thousand dollars) for the hook up to the generator and then pay a fee each month. Sosua Ocean Village used to charge separately to hook up to the generator and it was several thousand dollars. Now they do not charge this, it is built into the price but they still charge a monthly fee of U$25 for the generator.
Casa Linda have never charged separately to hook up to the generator and they also do not charge each month a fee for the generator. All the costs are built in to the electricity rate....if the generator breaks down and is beyond repair, then it is Casa Linda that pays for this.

Must be one massive generator to provide back up for hundreds of home in Casa Linda.

T

tee

Must be one massive generator to provide back up for hundreds of home in Casa Linda.

There is more than one generator as the 9 phases are spread out over different areas. And as mentioned before, they will soon be switching over to the solar farm that is already in place which is large enough to provide power to all the villas which will help with reducing the carbon footprint.

B

Big

Caterpillar makes generators that are super fuel efficient that could keep that place lit up like a roman candle, no problem

E

Eric Sandmael

George, I’m amazed the DR police hasn’t investigated and prosecuted Casa Linda management for high electricity fees. The DR police tend to react quickly to gringo related illegal activities, especially where there is a potential for easy prosecution and significant fines. How can Casa Linda management continue to charge exorbitant electricity fees?

Ecoman and George. You are both wrong regarding electricity costs from Edenorte regarding subdivisions. I don't know why you are posting these bad threads about Casa Linda, but obviously you have some dishonest intentions to do it.
For your information: Edenorte has different tariffs for their electricity. The low tariff that you are referring to is for stand-alone houses with low electricity consumption, mainly meant for Dominicans. All villas in most subdivisions have AC, swimming pools etc., and don't come under this tariff. Casa Linda has also their own internal grid with cables, transformers, switches, back-up generators etc. that have a cost to maintain, and is covered by the cost of RD$ 13.30. As an example, one of our generators broke down last year, and we had to buy a new one at around US$ 150,000.
The RD$ 13.30 is an average price that also includes the cost of producing electricity from our own generators, which is of course a lot higher than this price.
In addition; we have technicians on duty 24/7, which means that we don't need to wait for someone from Edenorte to come and fix any issues that we may have with the electricity. I think that's one of our biggest advantages of having our own grid.
We are not overcharging anybody, in fact Edenorte told us last time we had a meeting with them that our prices seem to be too low.
When we shortly start the solar plant, there will be an approx. 10% discount on the electricity price, these funds will be held in a reserve funds for coming maintenance, repairs and replacement of the grid. So the overall cost will be lower.
The last thing that I want to mention regarding electricity, is that our system will be the first in The DR that will deliver totally clean electricity, including the electricity that we get from Edenorte. As you may know there are a lot of houses that have struggled with damaged appliances, computers etc. due to the bad quality of electricity that we from time to time get from Edenorte.

Reactions: Michael DR
E

Ecoman1949

Ecoman and George. You are both wrong regarding electricity costs from Edenorte regarding subdivisions. I don't know why you are posting these bad threads about Casa Linda, but obviously you have some dishonest intentions to do it.
For your information: Edenorte has different tariffs for their electricity. The low tariff that you are referring to is for stand-alone houses with low electricity consumption, mainly meant for Dominicans. All villas in most subdivisions have AC, swimming pools etc., and don't come under this tariff. Casa Linda has also their own internal grid with cables, transformers, switches, back-up generators etc. that have a cost to maintain, and is covered by the cost of RD$ 13.30. As an example, one of our generators broke down last year, and we had to buy a new one at around US$ 150,000.
The RD$ 13.30 is an average price that also includes the cost of producing electricity from our own generators, which is of course a lot higher than this price.
In addition; we have technicians on duty 24/7, which means that we don't need to wait for someone from Edenorte to come and fix any issues that we may have with the electricity. I think that's one of our biggest advantages of having our own grid.
We are not overcharging anybody, in fact Edenorte told us last time we had a meeting with them that our prices seem to be too low.
When we shortly start the solar plant, there will be an approx. 10% discount on the electricity price, these funds will be held in a reserve funds for coming maintenance, repairs and replacement of the grid. So the overall cost will be lower.
The last thing that I want to mention regarding electricity, is that our system will be the first in The DR that will deliver totally clean electricity, including the electricity that we get from Edenorte. As you may know there are a lot of houses that have struggled with damaged appliances, computers etc. due to the bad quality of electricity that we from time to time get from Edenorte.

Eric, just to clarify. I’m not posting misinformation about Casa Linda on this thread. I am, however, questioning the information posted by George. I actually like Casa Linda. I’ve looked at property there a few times.

E

Eric Sandmael

Eric, just to clarify. I’m not posting misinformation about Casa Linda on this thread. I am, however, questioning the information posted by George. I actually like Casa Linda. I’ve looked at property there a few times.

Well Ecoman, this is what you posted. Totally taken out of the air:

C

cavok

An overall average rate of RD$13.30/kwh, including electric from the generator, is very reasonable - not overcharging at all at that rate.

As you mentioned, Edenorte has different rates for different types of services. Casa Linda would not be getting the same rate as an individual private house would. - which is considerably less, especially for lower consumption.

T

tripp789

The times I have rented In CL I found the electricity to be reasonable. Higher than in the US of course, but I expected that.

I also found them to be completely honest in their meter reading for overages as well. I can really only find good things to say overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E

Ecoman1949

Well Ecoman, this is what you posted. Totally taken out of the air:

I was questioning the veracity of George’s post about the electricity fees charged at Casa Linda. I doubted his statement. Basically what I was saying was, if what your saying is true, why haven’t they been charged? He didn’t respond to my query and it confirmed what he was saying wasn’t true. You also responded wth the correct information which I appreciated and further confirmed his statement was false. Check my other posts. I queried everything he said and advised him to see an agent and get the correct information.

C

chico bill

Can an individual install solar panels in CL and does that reduce their electric bill costs, or is there minimum for electrical service ? I understand the generator would still have to be broken out as a separate charge.

I assume there is no way to credit excess electrical generated by an individuals' solar system, as is the case in many utility districts in the US. I assume CL would have no way to monitor or redistribute that over-generation ?

M

Manuel01

Hi,
in general security guards are paid a wage of arround 12,000RD$ per month. 31.000US$ / month should by you arround 132 Guards in total or 66 per 12 hour shift or 44 per 8 hour shift. You are being clearly ripped off big time.

C

cavok

Hi,
in general security guards are paid a wage of arround 12,000RD$ per month. 31.000US$ / month should by you arround 132 Guards in total or 66 per 12 hour shift or 44 per 8 hour shift. You are being clearly ripped off big time.

A typical independent "watchiman" might only get that, but those that work for security companies get around RD$22K/mo.