Security Costs at Casa Linda

E

Eric Sandmael

Hi,
in general security guards are paid a wage of arround 12,000RD$ per month. 31.000US$ / month should by you arround 132 Guards in total or 66 per 12 hour shift or 44 per 8 hour shift. You are being clearly ripped off big time.

It's amazing that there are so many who post something here that's based on their own assumptions, and not the facts. I really don't understand why they are doing this, and some don't even read previous replies, and just continue with their false accusations.
This post by Manuel is a typically example of this. In a post earlier this month I informed that Casa Linda has in total 73 security officers (guards), but still Manuel is using wrong figures!!
I don't know where he gets the salary of RD$ 12,000 either, because Casa Linda pays way more than that!

D

drisforme

I would love to see the same transparency in the management of my residency as I see in the management of Casa Linda.

I live in a community where the HOA fee is almost the double than in Casa Linda.It includes security ,maintenance of common areas (gravels roads , gardens and some lights ,many areas are dark at nights) ,garbage collection (well ,we have to drop our own garbage 100 to 200 meters of our house) and that's it. No electricity backup ,fancy playground or common pool.

Everybody pay a different HOA fee which is related to when an owner bought but not based on lot size/house size.
Basically ,no consistency and no transparency is provided to owners in terms of how they come up with the HOA fee .

I consulted Guzman to see if they were laws to protect owners in a community of houses.And the answer was a big NO.They are laws for condominiums but not for a community of houses.

So, based on my own experience ,I feel that Casa Linda's owners should feel good about the answers that their president is giving to this public forum .

Peace.

Reactions: JD Jones
L

ljmesg

I would love to see the same transparency in the management of my residency as I see in the management of Casa Linda.

I live in a community where the HOA fee is almost the double than in Casa Linda.It includes security ,maintenance of common areas (gravels roads , gardens and some lights ,many areas are dark at nights) ,garbage collection (well ,we have to drop our own garbage 100 to 200 meters of our house) and that's it. No electricity backup ,fancy playground or common pool.

Everybody pay a different HOA fee which is related to when an owner bought but not based on lot size/house size.
Basically ,no consistency and no transparency is provided to owners in terms of how they come up with the HOA fee .

I consulted Guzman to see if they were laws to protect owners in a community of houses.And the answer was a big NO.They are laws for condominiums but not for a community of houses.

So, based on my own experience ,I feel that Casa Linda's owners should feel good about the answers that their president is giving to this public forum .

Peace.
Yes, I believe every word he says and also his authority on every aspect he posited[emoji849]

E

Ecoman1949

It's amazing that there are so many who post something here that's based on their own assumptions, and not the facts. I really don't understand why they are doing this, and some don't even read previous replies, and just continue with their false accusations.
This post by Manuel is a typically example of this. In a post earlier this month I informed that Casa Linda has in total 73 security officers (guards), but still Manuel is using wrong figures!!
I don't know where he gets the salary of RD$ 12,000 either, because Casa Linda pays way more than that!

Eric. Your getting a good education about the pros and cons of posting on DR1. The truth, as always, lies somewhere in the middle. There are a lot of posters here with good experience and information and they have helped me over the years. Some posters get the wrong end of the stick and wont let go. Posts are often sarcastic or double meaning. Don’t take anything personally, post accurate information, and pick your fights. Enjoy your day.

C

chico bill

Seems most residence at CL don't feel like they are being ripped off and are happy - that speaks volumes.

J

Justme50

I'm not that familiar either, just learning about the charges before buying. I would imagine water and garbage pick up would be other charges.

Cost vary depending on house size I believe but my house which is for sale is 265$. Garbage pickup is included

J

Justme50

I think the house for 339 is mine and costs are at 265$ which include garbage pickup.other utilities as normal are extra

D

Don PISTOLAS

This is like the colmado crowd vs the Jose O sheas crowd. Jose Osheas is a rip off. Selling presidente for 150 is criminal!! I can get the same bottle of Presidente for 90 pesos in the colmado!!

Can You watch the NFL Package in the colmado? Do you have an Ocean View?? Does the bathroom have a toilet seat, if there even is a bathroom??

For some everything boils down to price and how"Dominican" (assimilated) they are. They seem unable to accept, that Others have a little higher standard of living and are not willing to sacrafice comfort or safety.

J

Justme50

I'm not that familiar either, just learning about the charges before buying. I would imagine water and garbage pick up would be other charges.
I’m from Ontario and a similar size house where I’m from the property taxes are 7,000$ . Then you add your utilities and paying for all that Casa Linda charges is a fair amount less then owning a house in Canada

E

Ecoman1949

I’m from Ontario and a similar size house where I’m from the property taxes are 7,000$ . Then you add your utilities and paying for all that Casa Linda charges is a fair amount less then owning a house in Canada

Depends on where you live in Canada. I agree DR property maintenance costs are cheaper than costs in Canada in provinces like Ontario and British Columbia where house prices are the highest in Canada. Where I live in Atlantic Canada, house prices and taxes are much lower. If you factor in the exchange rate on HOA fees in Casa Linda, plus the higher cost of electricity, and higher prices for cable TV and internet, higher prices for gasoline in the DR, etc. than our cost of living is lower. The DR used to be cheaper but price increases over the past ten years make it as expensive or more expensive than some areas of Canada.

D

drisforme

This is like the colmado crowd vs the Jose O sheas crowd. Jose Osheas is a rip off. Selling presidente for 150 is criminal!! I can get the same bottle of Presidente for 90 pesos in the colmado!!

Can You watch the NFL Package in the colmado? Do you have an Ocean View?? Does the bathroom have a toilet seat, if there even is a bathroom??

For some everything boils down to price and how"Dominican" (assimilated) they are. They seem unable to accept, that Others have a little higher standard of living and are not willing to sacrafice comfort or safety.

Seems to me a quite generic answer .May want to be more specific and named communities to make your point more factual.