Seeking dance classes for young girls

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
But where is this guy? The original poster. He has not responded to any of our comments or questions? Something is fishy. I think.

I suspect some of the responses with thinly veiled accusations may have turned him away. He’s explained in the past that he was a long time pastor in USA and that he and his wife came to DR specifically to open an orphanage.

vermontmark

Aug 23, 2022
Puerto Plata
Both organizations are to serve children (both girls and boys). Our current facility only has space for one gender. In the future we expect to be larger (due to need, unfortunately) and have space for girls and boys.

vermontmark

Aug 23, 2022
Puerto Plata
But where is this guy? The original poster. He has not responded to any of our comments or questions? Something is fishy. I think.
Wow, in the category of no good deed goes unpunished... I have responded to some questions already and will perhaps more. But I won't bother with the ones who interpret compassion for the needy as somehow nefarious...

Reactions: bellakins

vermontmark

Aug 23, 2022
Puerto Plata
If the state were to find abused minors or minors from unfit parents or otherwise broken homes, the CONANI, together with the child courts, the fiscalia de NNA, would send them to special facilities in SD or Jarabacoa. Your foundation would somehow have to be granted certain custodial rights, and I find that a stretch.
There are approximately 90 orphanages in the Dominican Republic, all (or most) of whom work in cooperation with Conani, ours included.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
There are approximately 90 orphanages in the Dominican Republic, all (or most) of whom work in cooperation with Conani, ours included.
Thanks for the reply Mark. So it sounds like a dislocated child would clearly prefer your facility over let's say Bob the Builder's description of the CONANI facilities in Jarabacoa. How do they get placed in a facility such as yours over the standard operating procedure? Btw, I think the Jarabacoa facility is more for problematic minors as opposed to ones just left out in the cold by let's say a drug addict mother.

Part 2 of my question has to do with how your facility qualifies for custodial rights of the dislocated minor. Does the staff have to meet certain requirements? Etc. How does the state just hand over a minor female to a facility run by foreigners?

Aug 21, 2007
Wow, in the category of no good deed goes unpunished... I have responded to some questions already and will perhaps more. But I won't bother with the ones who interpret compassion for the needy as somehow nefarious...

Sorry to write a negative response. Perhaps you do not realize the reputation of the North Coast and that many over the years went there presenting themselves as something that they are not. Eventually they were caught and faced punishment.

Because of these occurrences, some of us may have jumped to conclusions.

I also have non profits. But I would not seek advice on this board regarding operations.

Best wishes to you in your endeavors.

martes

Feb 15, 2015
Back to the actual topic:

Are there dance classes for young girls?

I found https://www.emilywatsonschoolofdance.com/ but according to Google Maps it is "permanently closed" and although the number on the website is active but not picked up.

Are there any other dance schools around sosua (or maybe Cabarete)?