Seeking doctor/midwife for natural birth in DR

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i went with shalena to the hospital when she was here last week.
i have visited cabral y baez tons of times, but the places where visitors can go is WAY different than where they can't.
there were teenage girls by themselves in labor. the doctors and nurses were detached (which HB later pointed out to me might be a defense mechanism, so that's fair on some level, i suppose) and the conditions were horrible.
one of the things that shalena is trying to do is collect sheets and towels and even infant clothes to take to the women who don't have any (nothing is provided).
*i don't know what the policy is for this so, delete me if i can't do this* if you have old sheets or towels or clothes around or are willing to buy some infant diapers or maternity pads, let me know as i will be taking their donations to cabral y baez until the midwives actually get set up here.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I thought natural birth was without makeup. I opted for every medical intervention available. I also had a high risk pregnancy because of my age, 3 previous miscarriages, and a lupus-like blood condition that required twice daily injections of heparin to prevent my body from rejecting the fetus. G*d smiled and my baby is now a healthy and happy 21-year old.

Women who choose this option have my sincere admiration and highest respect. Best of luck, and may your babies be well and healthy and may you never need high-level medical intervention of any kind, at any time, for yourselves or for your babies.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Meemselle, you do realize this thread is over 4 years old and the OP has never come back......

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Nope. Didn't. My bad. Apologies.

Blame it on the vin rosado. Hope mother & child are fine.

Apologies not necessary, most people don't look at the dates.........
Look at Derfish, he never knows what Forum he's posting in.........lol

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Meemselle, you do realize this thread is over 4 years old and the OP has never come back......

Barry
As I asked on another thread, what makes a sticky any stickier than any of these resurrected threads?
Der Fish

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Barry
As I asked on another thread, what makes a sticky any stickier than any of these resurrected threads?
Der Fish

before it gets closed, let me explain. stickies are, well, stickied on the top of each sub forum. those threads will remain open and will always be displayed with priority. resurrected threads are brought to the top of the page after a poster searches for them and post in them.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
before it gets closed, let me explain. stickies are, well, stickied on the top of each sub forum. those threads will remain open and will always be displayed with priority. resurrected threads are brought to the top of the page after a poster searches for them and post in them.

Appreciate that DV8, you are the bestest!

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Barry
Der Fish

Ok, A sticky stays in the location I described to you before, forever. You can find it fast anytime you please.
A resurrected thread has to be searched out, and that can be time consuming, that is the only difference.

Just noticed DV8 responded to your question.......
Didn't see before I posted.......

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Once in a while, these kinds of threads should be resurrected.

Valuable info for some.................

Min92

Aug 15, 2021
Dominican Republic
Hello, I am a new member here, for the specific reason of wanting to get in contact with Shalena. I live here in the Dominican Republic, and am in search of a midwife. If I could get contact information to talk directly with Shalena or another experienced midwife I would appreciate it.!
Thank you.!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hello, I am a new member here, for the specific reason of wanting to get in contact with Shalena. I live here in the Dominican Republic, and am in search of a midwife. If I could get contact information to talk directly with Shalena or another experienced midwife I would appreciate it.!
Thank you.!
Doctora Rosa Liriano Ginecóloga, if you are in the Santiago city areas.