Selling car but dont have matricula

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Im selling my car but dont have the matricula. What do i have to do to obtain one? and is this something the buyer can do? i bought the car six years ago from a feria and was only given a sales receipt and a temp. matricula. the dealer that sold me the car no longer exists...

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Im selling my car but dont have the matricula. What do i have to do to obtain one? and is this something the buyer can do? i bought the car six years ago from a feria and was only given a sales receipt and a temp. matricula. the dealer that sold me the car no longer exists...

I think if the dealer not longer exist you should go to Closer DGII and ask for help in the vehicule department, for sure they will answer all your questions.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Could it be that you worry about this a little late?
If you have the VIN of the car you could try some research either at Aduana or Rentas Internas, there are ways to get a matricula.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
not a little late... very late... wanted to just sell the damn car so i can buy my damn plane tickets....so tired of this hell hole im about to lose it.... all my damn fault....

thanks for the replys...im guessing im gonna have to dance for these idiots one last time...

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I think you need to ask a lawyer about this. It was the only way I managed to get a matricula for my moto, and it cost me of course!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
DGII:

?Cu?les son los requisitos para solicitar duplicados de matr?culas por p?rdida o deterioro y cu?l es el costo?

1. Carta de solicitud debidamente firmada, timbrada y sellada en el caso de empresas. Dentro de la comunicaci?n se debe informar el nombre de la persona o representante autorizado a retirar la chapa.
2. Matr?cula Original o Copia de la matricula
3. Copia de C?dula de Identidad del titular de la matr?cula.
4. Copia del Pasaporte (Aplica en caso de que el propietario del veh?culo sea un extranjero).
5. Copia de C?dula de Identidad del Representante.
6. Copia de C?dula de Identidad del Comprador.
7. Poder de Autorizaci?n debidamente notariado y legalizado (Aplica en caso de que un tercero sea quien realice la solicitud).
8. Certificaci?n del Plan Piloto para p?rdida de Placa.
9. Acto de Venta debidamente Notariado y Legalizado (si aplica).
10. (1) Publicaciones de un Peri?dico de Circulaci?n Nacional, donde se informe que sobre la p?rdida.
11. Carta de Autorizaci?n de la Entidad Financiera (Aplica en caso de que el veh?culo est? financiado por una entidad bancaria o financiera).
12. Certificaci?n de la Autoridad Metropolitana de Transporte - AMET (Aplica si el veh?culo est? detenido).
13. Pago de RD$2,500 por p?rdida o deterioro m?s RD$100.00 por reimpresi?n de matr?cula (Aplica para Veh?culos de Motor). Total RD$2,600.00
14. Pago de RD$100.00 por p?rdida o deterioro m?s RD$100.00 por reimpresi?n de matr?cula (Aplica para Motoclicletas). Total RD$200.00

i know you do not have original matricula but you have a temporary one given to you at the time of the sale.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Thanks dv8. what a pain in the rear.... found a friend of friend who deals with lost matriculas. hes going to handle it all for a few thousand pesos.

Can someone tell me the whole point of having to publish a newspaper ad??? like all things DR they sure love to give you the run around.....

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Uh, oh. The final stage in the love hate relationship with the DR. Find a connected cop. Had the same problem and a lawyer did nothing. Cop fixed it in less than a week. It's who ya know. Good luck.