Senate approves working at home modality

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Teletrabajo-Pxfuel-1024x522.png

The Senate approved on 15 March 2023 the bill that amends the Labor Code to include teleworking as a labor modality in the Dominican Republic. Santiago José Zorrilla and Aris Yván Lorenzo presented the bill.

The bill establishes the inclusion of the productive sectors in the digital economy and the use of technological tools of communication to enhance the generation of jobs, increase the protection of workers’ rights, among other benefits.

The bill now moves on to the Chamber of Deputies for discussions.

Read more in Spanish:El Caribe

16 March 2023

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would work from home if could and were not already long retired. I did work from home when I was back home long before Covid escaped from Wuhan Labs. It is so much better than wasting time going to and from an office.

Question: What is this actually about? Just some Dominicans who are being allowed to work from home and the regulation of that?
Or does it go further than that?

Reactions: JD Jones

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Not internet Paquetitos will be allowed for government workers that will work from home. 😂

JJ

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I would work from home if could and were not already long retired. I did work from home when I was back home long before Covid escaped from Wuhan Labs. It is so much better than wasting time going to and from an office.

Question: What is this actually about? Just some Dominicans who are being allowed to work from home and the regulation of that?
Or does it go further than that?
I'd bet my bottom dollar on it.

With all the investigations going on about bloated payrolls, it's the perfect excuse for the people who never show up to work but collect a check.