Senate passes border bill, extends state of emergency, and legalizes INAPA appointment

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Senado-de-la-Republica-Dominicana-Tele-Sur.jpg

The Senate passed the Border Development Bill as received on 11 February 2021 from the Chamber of Deputies. Once enacted into law by President Luis Abinader, the Ley Integral sobre Desarrollo Fronterizo creates the Special Comprehensive Border Development Zone in effect for the provinces of Pedernales, Independencia, Elías Piña, Dajabón, Montecristi, Santiago Rodríguez and Baoruco con the border with Haiti. The bill authorizes important tax incentives for companies operating in the border provinces.

The Senate also passed the bill that extends the National State of Emergency for another 45 days through April 2021.

The senators also approved amending the Law 59-94 on the National Institute of Potable Water and Sewage (INAPA) to legalize that a lawyer head the government body. The law had specified the director needed to be an engineer. The amendment legitimizes...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Just thinking out loud.... It is always perplexing to me how they pass a law to have specific requisitions for a position, then pass another bill to circumvent those requisitions.

Last edited:

nortenomore

Jul 26, 2019
I think we need a new definition for the word 'emergency' because this isn't even in the same zip code as the word I'm familiar with.

The only 'emergency' I see is me having somewhere else to go when they want people to line up for the bioweapon injection.

Reactions: NanSanPedro