Senator Felix Bautista opposes Goldquest gold mine in San Juan de la Maguana province

Jan 9, 2004
in my opinion felix b. has as much concern with the enviroment as he does with going back to work at the bodega in NY where he worked .Before he hit numerous lottos in DR
If he is genuinely concerned about the environment, why would he oppose an environmental impact study?

For those that know of his prior dealings...........that is really a rhetorical question.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Other than a store of value what purpose does gold really serve?
Industrial uses are limited.
Maybe Senator Bautista is looking at something other than money and that is why he opposes the Goldquest mine.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
One thing I see on DR1 constantly is attacking the individual when they cannot make intelligent argument ‼️

All you have to do is look at where the company wants to put the mine and see that it a bad idea.
I do not need an environmental study that most likely will not be based on science to tell me that.

Dom. Rep.: Community opposes GoldQuest mining project over possible environmental damage; company responds​

Residents of the province of San Juan oppose GoldQuest's Romero mining project, alleging that the development of the project can damage the environment, particularly the water sources in the area. The Academy of Sciences has also expressed opposition to the installation of the mine. The complete allegations are only available in Spanish here. Business & Human Rights Resource Center invited GoldQuest to respond; the response is available below

The whole purpose of an evironmental assessment to evaluate the environmental risks.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The whole purpose of an evironmental assessment to evaluate the environmental risks.

Open Translation Menu
Menu

Business & Human Rights Resource Centre​

Company Response
27 Feb 2018
Author:GoldQuest

GoldQuest Response​

See all tags

Download attachment
Response by GoldQuest Dominicana s.r.l. and GoldQuest Mining Corporation with regards to an article entitled, “Proyecto Minero Romero en SJM camino al colapso”
…The statement…that the residents of the San Juan Province are opposed to the project is not supported by sources cited or data… Within the communities in the impact zone of the project, there is an overwhelming favorable response, in part due to the need for steady income and in part due to confidence developed between GoldQuest and local communities during an 8-year exploration phase in the village of Hondo Valle…GoldQuest has submitted to the Dominican Government…a design for a subterranean mining project that harvests rainwater and will use no water from the San Juan River. The proposed operation will rely on efficient water use and recycling, will not discharge anything into the San Juan River, a physical processing regime of a concentrate of gold, silver, copper for export. There will be no use of chemicals that can contaminate the San Juan River…The Romero Project has not received the mining concession…The project is in the first stage permitting process…[T]he Academy, or persons identifying themselves with the academy have been in print and mass media wanting to ban all mining in the Cordillera Central. These individuals have alleged the use of cyanide, excessive use of water from the San Juan River, among others, that are categorically false…The article reviewed presents legal, technical, and conceptual errors that could have been avoided through a simple inquiry. GoldQuest welcomes an open dialogue and exchange of information about the Romero project and invites the author(s) and readers of this article to contact us at info@goldquestcorp.com for more information
This is a response to
Dom. Rep.: Community opposes GoldQuest mining project over possible environmental damage; company responds

stories | Story 6 Mar 2018

Timeline​

Timeline activity​

Latest news​

Business & Human Rights
Resource Centre​

Events | Jobs | Media | Data Usage & Cookies | Contact Us
Disclaimer: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre and its collaborative partners take no position on the diverse views presented in linked material within the database, nor can we guarantee the factual accuracy of all the articles and reports we make available. The appearance of such links does not constitute endorsement of the websites they lead to or the information contained therein, over which we exercise no editorial control.
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre Registered Charity in England & Wales no. 1096664, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in USA and registered charitable association (e.V.) in Germany (VR 38088 B).
Read our weekly news summary
So, the company has a plan that doesnt do many of the things opponents say the mine will do.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
AND With his VAST knowledge of the DR......:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You say that jokingly, but the guy is an engineer with a construction projects all over the country and was in charge of Public Work for a few years.
He could have been a shining star if he wasn't so money hungry

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
You say that jokingly, but the guy is an engineer with a construction projects all over the country and was in charge of Public Work for a few years.
It was a reply to someone else, I know exactly who the senator is.....

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I know exactly who the senator is.....
Good to know.
Do you know the Senator well enough to tell me what his true intentions are like many of the other posters up in here?
The part in bold (if true) does not make him much different than many politicians the world over.
At least someone who makes their priorities clear is straight forward and easy to know.
Interesting how he maintains his seat despite more than a few detractors.
So, the company has a plan that doesnt do many of the things opponents say the mine will do.
A plan @bob saunders ⁉️
I am not one to believe the hype.
The project proposed is from a profit making entity.
Their objective is not preservation of the environment.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Good to know.
Do you know the Senator well enough to tell me what his true intentions are like many of the other posters up in here?

The part in bold (if true) does not make him much different than many politicians the world over.
At least someone who makes their priorities clear is straight forward and easy to know.
Interesting how he maintains his seat despite more than a few detractors.

A plan @bob saunders ⁉️
I am not one to believe the hype.
The project proposed is from a profit making entity.
Their objective is not preservation of the environment.
The two objective can be compatible. You cant make a profit if you cant mine.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Vegas, if you cannot write a post that has value and is not designed to stir up trouble, stay out of this thread unless you want to take a vacation.

Your splitting straws, semantics and pursuit of individual posters is unacceptable and disruptive!