Sending Wire Transfers in Dollars from DR to USA?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Side note. I wanted to send some money back to France ( without meaning to, I had 2 diffrent people send me money, and I prefer € or chf to rd pesos.... call me old fasioned ).
Anyway I figured the easiest way would be a bank transfer. Answer from french bank " sorry we dont accept transfers from that kind of country.....duhhhh ??? And we had warned u beforehand Mr *******, which is actually true.......".
In the end did it through a swiss bank ( THEY dont mind if u murded ure wife, mother and children for the money...).

Sep 4, 2012
Thanks. Any restrictions in amounts?

Asking because I had to show all kind of papers in prior USA to DR transfers.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Will. I know will (lol) be the exact word to use.

Not true. I have wired larger amounts and not had an issue.
It all depends on your relationship with the bank, manager etc.
I get more questions on incoming transfers as opposed to outgoing.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

Learn something every day. Always thought thru The Patriot Act anything 10K or more, incoming and outgoing, had to be explained in the USA. :)

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Are there any banks that allow you to initiate a wire transfer via an online form or fax?

I'd like something more secure than emailing a banker, and I have the need to be able to initiate wires remotely.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Are there any banks that allow you to initiate a wire transfer via an online form or fax?

I'd like something more secure than emailing a banker, and I have the need to be able to initiate wires remotely.

You can fax the wire transfer form.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
I went to two Populars yesterday and offered a substantial opening deposit if they would allow me to execute wire transfers remotely.

Pretty ridiculous that I can't find a bank to allow this, given that every American bank allows it either online or by fax.

Tab

Jul 1, 2015
so what was the outcome? We need to send $10K to California and would like to do it safely and quickly. (Or i might have to hop on a plane)

What bank did you use? DO you recall how much they charged? Is the banco popular option the best?

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
Robert, Didn't they charge you 001.5% when taking $from your US$ account? Thats what Banco Popular do to last time I sent US$ abroad.

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I went to two Populars yesterday and offered a substantial opening deposit if they would allow me to execute wire transfers remotely.

Pretty ridiculous that I can't find a bank to allow this, given that every American bank allows it either online or by fax.

To open and hold a US$ account in Banco Popular and according to my knowledge in all Dominican banks you ned always US$ 500 on the account