Seniors can vote first

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

The director of the National Council for Seniors (Conape) says that persons older than 60 years old can skip to the front of the line for the vote on Sunday, 5 July 2020. An estimated 2.1 million Dominicans are in the senior age group in the voting list for the presidential and congressional election.

Natalie Marie, of Conape, says that at every voting station there will be persons to assist the seniors in the around 5,000 voting precincts nationwide.

Read more in Spanish:Listin Diario

3 July 2020
Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Apparently this was just wishful thinking of the director of Conape. So far, the JCE has not issued a statement to this regard.

Caonabo

Silver
Sep 27, 2017
There also had been talk of separate voting hours for males and females. Aside from the initial mention weeks ago, I have not heard one peep of this since.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I only have to walk about 300 yards to my voting station and I will vote early, but unlike Democrats I will only vote once.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Election day has arrived. first in line or last to vote - Let the Contagion Games begin.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Election day has arrived. first in line or last to vote - Let the Contagion Games begin.
Everyone was following social distancing and they were spraying cedulas, hands...etc. Everyone had to wear masks as well, SO HOPEFULLY YOU ARE INCORRECT ON THE CONTAGION. They were late on opening due to people for one table being late. 0720 instead of 0600. Old people were going first or as they arrived. No separate lines for men and women.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
I voted at the Claret school voting place in Santo Domingo. Normally vote at noon, but this time got there before they opened. Vote was supposed to open at 7am, did so about half an hour later. For the most part people were respecting social distancing, the 1.5 meter rule, especially inside the school. Voting was a breeze.

I don't think voting will bring contagion... what people do after could help spread the virus. Lots of gatherings of friends and family are planned for the day. My own extended family has planned a get-together to celebrate a birthday.