Sewers in DR - I have Solution

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
If DR can install this everywhere, the garbage waste include plastic won't hit the rivers/ocean. Just saying ...

447190808_815755437324194_5502243401875247241_n.jpg

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Someone would have to clean them out often. If trash pick up was efficient I would say it could work. But, reality says that it would just be another overflowing trash bin. But, on the other hand, my opinion is trash pick up is getting a little better slowly.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Only one way to solve the problem Education .....and that will take years
You would be surprised how many university educated people that in the USA don’t throw garbage out the window from their cars do so in the DR simply because they can with no consequences following. Same with driving. You would think they don’t know how to drive or follow driving rules while in the DR. It doesn’t go beyond the “you would think” part. These same people in the USA don’t do much of the crazy things they are willing to do behind a wheel in the DR.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
Coming into Santiago on DR-1,
Right around C. Penetración and C. Penetración 2 ( before the entrance to the Circunvalación )
There is a big hole... a man hole that is.
No joke! :p

It is nearly in the middle of the right-side wheel lane.
There used to be 2, ( one a distance after the other ), but I think one of them has been covered?
I didn't notice it the last time I passed through...

Either would be fatal for any moto or pasola that hit it, and potentially the same for a car's drive-train / wheel / etc.

I had hoped they would have both been covered when they did the Autopista reconstruction, but no.

They have been lacking covers for as long as I remember.

I've never seen an accident there yet, and hopefully never will.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I am actually surprised by your post .......I didnt think there were actual rules for driving in the DR.
If 30% of all university educated people that would not throw garbage out the window of their car in the USA ....did so in the DR.......it would still be a small part of the overall problem.
How do you know that these drivers are university educated and that they dont do it in the USA .......Have you actually followed and spoken to them ?