Shame on you Playero!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
Caz, maybe someone did complain - or they realized the condition of the corn. I went a day after your initial post and corn was on sale 3 packages for the price of 1.

I was having a barbecue. Checked all packages carefully and bought 4. When I opened the packages, the corn didn't look freshly picked, but only was piece had a bad spot. Thus, I think you just had bad luck.

If that was the worst thing that happened to you last week, I would say you had a pretty good week. Don't you think?

Lindsey

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Caz, maybe someone did complain - or they realized the condition of the corn. I went a day after your initial post and corn was on sale 3 packages for the price of 1.

I was having a barbecue. Checked all packages carefully and bought 4. When I opened the packages, the corn didn't look freshly picked, but only was piece had a bad spot. Thus, I think you just had bad luck.

If that was the worst thing that happened to you last week, I would say you had a pretty good week. Don't you think?

Lindsey

haha.... started my day with a chuckle , LK

and that is how you and many of us exist and survive here..

hope you had a good BBQ - I just rec'd a new Weber Performer.... ready to roll !!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
The cashier at Super Pola noticed a bad potato in the bag, and handed it to me to exchange, happened just yesterday. Been here a year, and I still don't look every time. Ridiculous. Any they do package them with the bad side down, it's so incredibly obvious.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Are they so desperate now? Purchased 2 packs of flour yesterday. Stickers on top hiding "sell by date". Removed the stickers.

Attachments

• IMG_20210526_175110.jpg
    IMG_20210526_175110.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_20210526_175036.jpg
    IMG_20210526_175036.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20210526_175106.jpg
    IMG_20210526_175106.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 154

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Good to show us this, as it's a good reminder. I buy this product regularly, I haven't really thought of checking the dates. But I just checked the package that I still have at home and can confirm that it's the same date, but I bought mine line 1+ month ago. It also didn't have that sticker on it, as it´s not at all required as the bottom of the bag already has the bar code on the package. So it wouldn't at all surprise me that they noticed that they had expired and instead of throwing it all away or sell it at their cost, they consciously placed a sticker to mislead the customer.
As I've noticed in the past with certain products, that they might not sell that much of, they don't seem to have a good policy on what to do with them, I myself have several times bought expired products from Playero. That is why I try to remember to check the dates on ALL of their products.
So yes I would make a claim with them so that they might stop this bad business practice, or at least you've made us fully aware of it.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
With the improvements in Playero, I thought that the days of fruit and veg having the bad side hidden underneath on the produce trays were long gone. But today I bought 4 corn on the cob prepacked and they looked fine. On unpacking them to cook for dinner I find that one is rotten and another damaged, but all hidden underneath. Now I do not live in Sosua, so do I a) stop cooking dinner for the family, get the car out and drive to Sosua? b) wait until I next go to Playero ( who knows what state the corn will be in by then)? c) Suck it up and put it down to life here? Right now I am a tad annoyed (understatement)!
common practice for produce at Pricemart..........

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Ever since the owner has been running Playero "hands-off", I've notice a decrease in many sectors of the store. Produce is awful, many items no longer in stock and service at the deli is super slow. I while back I found frozen chicken with that same sticker date issue. Old chicken passing it as fresh.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Hiding stickers has been going on for a very long time at Playero. I will always peel away the "cover up" sticker to check the manufacturer's "expire" date.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Playero has a much better selection 'in season'..... hi tourist time

Summer time is always slim pickin's..........

Status
Not open for further replies.