Shipping a car to DR from NJ

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Another option - from FLA... is RoLo

Roll on - Roll off.... open boat shipping....like a highway auto transport trailer
Cheaper and a short trip from FLA

I have only read about it - perhaps a user can step up

I seem to remember $1000/...+/-

Worth the drive to FLA ---IMO

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
sorry.... Ro-Ro.....

my goof.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the cheapest way to ship a car?
Open transport is the method of choice for most customers, though. This is because there are more open carriers on the road than any other and they can handle most any vehicle. If the vehicle you need shipped is one you drive daily, open shipping is the way to go. It is almost always the cheapest way to ship a car.
Cheapest Way to Ship a Car | Car Transport | Cheap Auto Transport ...
https://www.americanautoshipping.com/cheapest-way-to-ship-a-car/

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Any update on this thread? Can anyone recommend a shipper? Approximate cost for everything, including taxes on a 2019 truck, selling for about $35000 here in the US, or do they not care what I paid for it here? Do they assign their own value, like when you try to smuggle a TV in your luggage? (not that I ever tried that and wasted two hours of my life while they made up the tax invoice:mad::mad:)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Any update on this thread? Can anyone recommend a shipper? Approximate cost for everything, including taxes on a 2019 truck, selling for about $35000 here in the US, or do they not care what I paid for it here? Do they assign their own value, like when you try to smuggle a TV in your luggage? (not that I ever tried that and wasted two hours of my life while they made up the tax invoice:mad::mad:)

They don’t care what you paid, they have a schedule and determine the value. Make sure nothing is in the car, even our seat covers were removed. Deliver your car with very little gas, they will siphon most of it out, i presume for safety in shipping.

What state are you shipping from

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
They don’t care what you paid, they have a schedule and determine the value. Make sure nothing is in the car, even our seat covers were removed. Deliver your car with very little gas, they will siphon most of it out, i presume for safety in shipping.

What state are you shipping from
From PA but I would drive it to NJ or NY. I can find 2022’s for about $36,000 plus PA tax, so I am getting close to $40,000. Then how much more on top of that for shipping, DR taxes etc? New ones are about $70,000 in the DR so I am trying to figure out if it is even worth buying a used one and trying to ship it.

Jan 9, 2004
Without knowing the exact model and not knowing if you are able to take advantage of one of the reduced tax regimens.............you are likely looking at $52,000 all in landed or put another way about half of the current value ($35k) will be taxes etc. ($17k).

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Peterj and reilleyp

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Without knowing the exact model and not knowing if you are able to take advantage of one of the reduced tax regimens.............you are likely looking at $52,000 all in landed or put another way about half of the current value ($35k) will be taxes etc. ($17k).

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
The specific one is a 2019 Ford F150 XLT 4WD Supercrew 2.7l V6 ecoboost. 5.5' box 38,000 miles $36,000 US Dollars.
I know there are discounts for those with residency, and one time exemptions if we were to move there but I would not be taking advantage of those at the current time. I am not aware of other reduced tax regimens.
I am interested in that model, from 2019 to 2022 with less than 50,000 miles. I want to import from the US because I am not impressed with how people drive or repairs cars in the DR.

Reactions: Peterj
Jan 9, 2004
The specific one is a 2019 Ford F150 XLT 4WD Supercrew 2.7l V6 ecoboost. 5.5' box 38,000 miles $36,000 US Dollars.
I know there are discounts for those with residency, and one time exemptions if we were to move there but I would not be taking advantage of those at the current time. I am not aware of other reduced tax regimens.
I am interested in that model, from 2019 to 2022 with less than 50,000 miles. I want to import from the US because I am not impressed with how people drive or repairs cars in the DR.
You can start here, but until you know the exact make model year it is just a guess;

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
That's strange.....:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Reactions: reilleyp