Shipping - UPS - DHL - FEDEX ?

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
I'm looking to ship a packag from Puerto Plata to Santo domingo . Anyone know which service is offered from the Puerto Plata area and which one is better? Do they have an office in Sosua or Puerto Plata?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Why not BMCargo ? They do domestic courier - office to office

Caribe Tours Takes packages- as does Metro -- Metro Pac.... both are u-pick-up service

Save yourself a fortune

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto

Caribe Tours Takes packages- as does Metro -- Metro Pac.... both are u-pick-up service

Save yourself a fortune
Thanks shall look into BMCargo, rather spend now than DIE rich. Looking for a more secure courier , perhaps one that can offer signature for reception and tracking. I tried EPS once and when the driver called me for the location , lesson was learned , kind of like a good liquor, spend a little more for something better.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thanks shall look into BMCargo, rather spend now than DIE rich. Looking for a more secure courier , perhaps one that can offer signature for reception and tracking. I tried EPS once and when the driver called me for the location , lesson was learned , kind of like a good liquor, spend a little more for something better.

I've never done domestic courier with BMCargo but their Florida to Boca Chica service has been excellent. I think you'll be in good hands with them.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have had UPS, Fedex, etc. sent directly to my EPS office. They call me when it gets there and I pick it up. But I never had them do the sending, just the pick up.

Reactions: Lou2100

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
I'm looking to ship a packag from Puerto Plata to Santo domingo . Anyone know which service is offered from the Puerto Plata area and which one is better? Do they have an office in Sosua or Puerto Plata?
SORRY, THIS IS FOR LOCAL SHIPPING. NOT INTERNATIONAL. I may have to use EPS but was hoping they did have the above options. Thanks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Lou.....
BMCargo will hold it at their location for the receiver to pick-up.

Not door to door.......... you drop it at BMC office- your recipient picks it up...... very secure

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Save yourself a fortune

Agree, BMCargo will definitely be reliable, but have not used them within the DR... They might also be a bit pricy, no idea... My wife has used MetroPac, also very professional and fast. I think it was $200 pesos for a very small and light package.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have been waiting for a package sent via DHL from Germany, a pair of men's shoes, and there is a clearance issue at Customs. I have been asked for the first time to send my cedula or passport number, for a pair of shoes? Has anyone else had this request?

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Sorry to bring y'all back to the subject matter , does anyone know the location of a fedex , UPS or DHL in Puerto plata or sosua area , trying to arrange for local delivery in santo domingo.

Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Sorry to bring y'all back to the subject matter , does anyone know the location of a fedex , UPS or DHL in Puerto plata or sosua area , trying to arrange for local delivery in santo domingo.
Local delivery too santo Domingo *******

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Both EPS on Pedro Clisante in Sosua and CPS at the Next gas station on the highway are FedEx agents.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
UPS is horrible.
I would avoid using them anywhere.
If something is lost or stolen they will not help you.
I've been using EPS for 7 years. Never
had any problems.

Reactions: Lou2100

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OP seems to want a global carrier for a local delivery.....

The local suggestions are the ones - IMO........Foolproof

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Domestic Deliveries

I use Caribe Tours (have used) for my meat deliveries...SD-Cabrera
Comes in a cooler.
I will look into BMCargo..... if it’s same day