Shipping Wine and Booze to the DR

tripp789

May 4, 2018
We are US citizens with legal DR residency. Living on the North Coast we find the selection of wines pretty slim. I ship a lot of wine to my US house and am wondering how difficult or expensive it is to have it forwarded here by EPS.

I’m guessing it’s neither cheap nor easy, but this should be the place to find out!
Thanks

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Lack of selection of wines on the north coast? Have you been into Vocatus liquor store next to the MacDonald's in Puerto Plata? It is HUGE and there is a massive selection of wines and at very good prices.
They also have a great website where you can see wines per country but the selection that they have on their website doesn't come close to what they have in their store. Go there, you will be very surprised about the variety of wines, beers and spirits.

If you go there you will probably that you really do not have to pay to bring wine in.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Lack of selection of wines on the north coast? Have you been into Vocatus liquor store next to the MacDonald's in Puerto Plata? It is HUGE and there is a massive selection of wines and at very good prices.
They also have a great website where you can see wines per country but the selection that they have on their website doesn't come close to what they have in their store. Go there, you will be very surprised about the variety of wines, beers and spirits.

If you go there you will probably that you really do not have to pay to bring wine in.
And a worse case a trip to Santo Domingo to one of the many wine importers will be much cheaper than trying to import.

tripp789

May 4, 2018
I appreciate it! I’ve seen the place but have never been in. I’ll remedy that soon, lol!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I appreciate it! I’ve seen the place but have never been in. I’ll remedy that soon, lol!
Will be interesting to see if you still want to import wines after visiting Vocatus in Puerto Plata! Let's hear your feedback. That place is going to be very busy in December!