Shock - Required Return Ticket if no residency

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
well you must be friggen stupid ass people if you go to a country you find all of the regs before you go dumb travelers i hope they fine you and send you back to where you came from must be lowlife poor broke ass travelers
Inspired handle/ID.

If you post another similar opinion, you’ll find yourself on the outside looking in.

And to be clear, I’m not referring to the lack of punctuation, spelling or paragraph.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Worst flight and service I have ever encountered I have given up on the refund. Evelope make are horrendous from check-in to disembarking.My friends love either Iberia or air Europa for that route.

As they are a European airline, you have a right to compensation if a flight is cancelled. I would suggest you post a thread on Flyertalk here:

and someone will be able to advise you. People on that forum are experts in areas like compensation and rights.

Britboy

Oct 30, 2021
Samana
Thanks for taking the time to respond. They just run you in circles. Wear you down. Slow play response times it gets tedious.

snowbrat85

Sep 6, 2014
What is there to gain in not buying a return ticket? unless you're planning to move there, eventually you'll need one - why is this an argument ? its a foreign country that you're not a legal citizen of, so OBVIOUSLY a return ticket is required

Reactions: bob saunders

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Nothing new here. Always have needed a return ticket. Just some airlines enforce it more than others.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I have being traveling to the DR from EWR on one-way tickets for the
last 10 years on United and never been asked to show a return ticket.
Go figure!
Airlines keep records of travel patterns of passengers. They know who to permit one-way tickets and those to be compelled to purchase a return ticket.

Regards,

PJT

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Airlines keep records of travel patterns of passengers. They know who to permit one-way tickets and those to be compelled to purchase a return ticket.

Regards,

PJT
Some airlines enforce it, and some don't . All are required to by the DR government.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can always buy a return ticket on the spot and cancel it 20 minutes later.................

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
Never happened to me in almost 4 years. I use AA only
AA has asked me for a return ticket several times over the last couple of years. In February they went so far as to print out confirmation of my return ticket to make sure I would have it for DR immigration officials because it was on a different confirmation number.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
AA has asked me for a return ticket several times over the last couple of years. In February they went so far as to print out confirmation of my return ticket to make sure I would have it for DR immigration officials because it was on a different confirmation number.
This brings up a different question altogether. Have you or anyone else on this board ever been asked by Migracion to actually show a return ticket reservation? After all that would be the place to need it................

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Last flight in late April my residency was expired, Delta denied me boarding w/o return. I bought a fully refundable on JB 302 USD SDQ to JFK. JB refunded 100% of it a day after I cancelled.

Jan 9, 2004
Some countries require a return ticket (non citizens/tourists etc.), some countries request that travelers have a return ticket, many do not enforce it.

Airlines are required to return, free of charge, any passengers they carry that do not meet the entry requirements for a given country. Due to the potential cost to the airlines, it is they and not necessarily the specific countries that enforce the policy to have a return/onward ticket.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: jd426

veraugamike

Jul 22, 2019
Actually the requirement is for a return or onward ticket. They don't care if you go back. They just don't want you to stay. If you had proof of a bus ticket to Haiti that would fulfill the requirement however buses no longer go to Haiti. The one time I was required to buy a ticket in order to board I bought one from SDQ to SJU. The cheapest option.