Should US Citzens Protest the DR for How Haitians are Treated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I want a link to the Haitian women giving birth in the street because they weren’t admitted to the hospital.
I have seen one story that was printed on Twitter about a woman who gave birth in the street, but it was because she arrived at the hospital already in the process of giving birth. I have never heard of a Haitian woman being denied access to medical care because they were Haitian.

CNNespañol carried a story about "Hundreds" of children being deported without their parents, but I have my doubts about it
Plus it is a well known practice for women who use children to carry them on the streets when they are begging.
If they pick up beggars with young kids, what are they supposed to do with them?
Or how about the young children begging on street corners?

Of course, when a report is published on Twitter, all of the news outlets jump on it and publish first, and verify later.

Last edited:

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
And the DRwas quick to respond:

https://listindiario.com/la-republi...ega-repatrie-menores-haitianos-sin-sus-padres

Migration denies the repatriation of Haitian minors without their parents​

Santo Domingo, DR
The General Directorate of Migration of the Dominican Republic denied the accusations about the existence of repatriations to minors of Haitian nationality in which the rights are violated and they are separated from their parents.

According to Venancio Alcántara, director of Migration, there are special procedures for this type of situation in which children are involved when deporting a foreigner , so these are carried out in respect of human rights and compliance with the law.
"At all times and in compliance with the laws of the Dominican Republic and international treaties, all deportation is carried out in full and absolute respect for the dignity of people and their human rights," explained Alcántara, quoted in a statement sent by the Presidency of the Republic.

There it is specified that "of the more than 150,000 foreigners who have been redirected to their country since 2020, there are no cases of minors who have been separated from their parents."

Likewise, it added that when this type of situation occurs, the minors are with their parents at all times and, when it is not possible to locate them, "the children are referred directly to the National Council for Children and Adolescents (Conani) that entrusts his care ”.
The clarification of the director general of migration comes after the international news channel CNN stated that "the Dominican Republic this year expelled hundreds of children to Haiti without their families."

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Today I went to las pulgas in Puerto Plata, like a mini version of the Dajabon market ( on a side not, that's a must-do, see how the other half lives------ oooops, sorry that's the other 90% in the DR ).

Well as its full of haitians, vendors and clients alike. Probably 50-50 on the vendor side, 30% haitians, 70% dominicans on the client side.
No sign of civil unrest, whatsoever .... everyone gets along just fine.

Also no sign of migracion. A couple of PN, but nobody checking documents lol ......

And that is a big part of the problem of the DR as a whole, and how they are tackling the illegals more specifically.
Laws are applied randomly and irregularly, by less-than-capable law enforcement groups ( PN, DGM, etc .......).
If the 26 billion laws that we have here in the DR were actually enforced, it would be paradise on earth.
However said enforcement seems to depend what Fulano the PN had for breakfast this morning.

I also conducted my personal census on legal or not legal........ it seemed to make Haitians and Dominicans alike, laugh a lot....... enough said.

larieau100

Aug 13, 2015
And the DRwas quick to respond:

https://listindiario.com/la-republi...ega-repatrie-menores-haitianos-sin-sus-padres

Migration denies the repatriation of Haitian minors without their parents​

Santo Domingo, DR
The General Directorate of Migration of the Dominican Republic denied the accusations about the existence of repatriations to minors of Haitian nationality in which the rights are violated and they are separated from their parents.

According to Venancio Alcántara, director of Migration, there are special procedures for this type of situation in which children are involved when deporting a foreigner , so these are carried out in respect of human rights and compliance with the law.
"At all times and in compliance with the laws of the Dominican Republic and international treaties, all deportation is carried out in full and absolute respect for the dignity of people and their human rights," explained Alcántara, quoted in a statement sent by the Presidency of the Republic.

There it is specified that "of the more than 150,000 foreigners who have been redirected to their country since 2020, there are no cases of minors who have been separated from their parents."

Likewise, it added that when this type of situation occurs, the minors are with their parents at all times and, when it is not possible to locate them, "the children are referred directly to the National Council for Children and Adolescents (Conani) that entrusts his care ”.
The clarification of the director general of migration comes after the international news channel CNN stated that "the Dominican Republic this year expelled hundreds of children to Haiti without their families."
And there you have it. The US State Department, CNN and Bloomberg News can't all be wrong.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I want a link to the Haitian women giving birth in the street because they weren’t admitted to the hospital.

The video has gone viral all over social media. This isn't just hearsay, it actually happened.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
The video has gone viral all over social media. This isn't just hearsay, it actually happened.

Note how they didn't mention why she had the baby in the street, but I already told you what happened. This post is just a poor attempt at propaganda.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
And there you have it. The US State Department, CNN and Bloomberg News can't all be wrong.
Actually, they can, and have been about a number of things. CNN has been caught lying many times. Often news stations just repeat what another one has already said, with no independent confirmation. The US state department is run by idiots, who often get things wrong. Note, not a single source confirms a specific case of any American being detained or being asked questions based on their color, not one. They all said Hattians were whipped at the Mexican border and they weren't.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
There you have what? Do you have absolutely any firsthand knowledge of anyone being mistreated? No, they are not getting vouchers to a 4-star hotel and a peso stipend, however there are opportunities for legal and illegal persons alike.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Note how they didn't mention why she had the baby in the street, but I already told you what happened. This post is just a poor attempt at propaganda.
What they also fail to mention is how overcrowded the delivery rooms at certain hospitals often are due to so many Haitian mothers arriving to give birth at the same time. This is one of the main reasons the DR gov has been pushing the international community to build more hospitals on the Haitian side of the border.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Everyone should go where they are treated best.
I think I said that before...pretty simple and straight forward.
Everyone has an opportunity to vote with their feet and their currency everyday.
And I would looooooooooove it if aframs were to actually put their money where their mouth is and started visiting Haiti more, the country they are so busy virtue signaling for, instead of visiting evil bad DR and enduring our morenazi ways. A beautiful thing it is, when words finally match deeds, for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.