Should US Citzens Protest the DR for How Haitians are Treated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
There isn't enough information about the woman giving birth outside the hospital. Was she refused entry? Did she arrive at the last moment and go into labor before she went in? Was the hospital already full or overfull. Were there doctors available.... etc. Considering about 40% of babies born in Dominican hospitals are Haitian I find it hard to believe they would turn this woman away because she is Haitian. There must be facts we don't know.
Why on earth did you use my post to make your point . Surely you could see that I wrote that I do NOT believe for one moment that any woman would be required to give birth outside any hospital regardless of colour. If you agree on my point you could just say that you agree with what I wrote.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It would be fantastic if the US build a bridge or a tunnel from Key West to Puerto Prince that way I wouldn't have to fly to go to DR, just an idea I don't like airplanes.

JJ
you would get trampled by every single solitary person heading west bound and that half of the island would be vacant when you did get there

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The so-called deportations are a ruse to make believe local dominicans that the guvernment is "tackling" the immigration issue with Haiti. In reality, the border is a revolving door. A haitian gets deported through it, buys a visa on the other side, and it gets righ-back into the DR, or just come across the border in some uncheck spot of the border and does it all over. The DR government gets to claim it is "deporting", the Hatian and DR governments gets to collect money for paper work to return back to DR, and the show goes on and on... until the day the dominicans, fed-up by their own poverty and corrutped goviernments get tired of it. Local and american politicians are playing with fire here. They are not paying attention to the explosive cultural clashes taking place in the impoverisedh "barrios" all around the country.

Haitians are not buying legal visas. They are 550 USD right now. What they're getting, if they're getting anything, are forgeries.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
And I would looooooooooove it if aframs were to actually put their money where their mouth is and started visiting Haiti more, the country they are so busy virtue signaling for, instead of visiting evil bad DR and enduring our morenazi ways. A beautiful thing it is, when words finally match deeds, for once.
lol...
not NEVER gonna happen.
Them boyz may be crazy but they aint stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We have talked about this....Pot calling the kettle black..... how the US is viewed by the world and warnings from other countries about visiting US 0f A

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
We have talked about this....Pot calling the kettle black..... how the US is viewed by the world and warnings from other countries about visiting US 0f A

There's a fine line between the Haiti Protestations theme of this thread and a posting which may be considered "politically divisive" IMO

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Not a fine line at all ..Australian warnings about gun violence in the USA has nothing to do with the treatment of Haitians .

Reactions: MariaRubia

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Haitians are not buying legal visas. They are 550 USD right now. What they're getting, if they're getting anything, are forgeries.
That's on one hand...

Another point starts at 3:16 (already posted in this forum).

drstock said:
That is true, but as I have said elsewhere, when my Dominican friend was arrested and locked in a disgusting, packed cell, she was eventually released after a long wait. She saw several Haitians there who had legal visas, but they were not released with her but deported to Haiti with the illegals
This is another point...

Is it too much to ask how did she knew those visas were legitimate? Simply because she said it or they were truly legitimate? :unsure:

Just for the record, having false visas, cédulas, birth certificates, etc upon discovered by an immigration officer is like having nothing at all. Illegitimate documents have no validity regardless if who owns them think they do. Essentially, whoever sold them that is or was scamming them.

Last edited:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
In SD Este there is a block where a friend of mine lives close to the river. It has a lot of AirBnB, way too many to be honest, and according to her these are now mainly rented by Haitians. But last week Migracion had their truck just around the corner and were waiting to see when a Haitian family came out. She said they arrested quite a few people like that. These are people paying about $80 a night for their apartments.

• Wow
Reactions: JD Jones

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In SD Este there is a block where a friend of mine lives close to the river. It has a lot of AirBnB, way too many to be honest, and according to her these are now mainly rented by Haitians. But last week Migracion had their truck just around the corner and were waiting to see when a Haitian family came out. She said they arrested quite a few people like that. These are people paying about $80 a night for their apartments.
Does paying $80 a night for an apt. give them an exemption from Migracion??

Reactions: Big

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
How are any illegal Haitians paying $80/night for an apartment?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
House across the road from my property in the country is rented by a Haitian family. They drive two new or almost new Mercedes SUV, and the house was last rented for 1000 US so I imagine they pay a similar rate. Big house with big walled garden...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.