Should US Citzens Protest the DR for How Haitians are Treated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
House across the road from my property in the country is rented by a Haitian family. They drive two new or almost new Mercedes SUV, and the house was last rented for 1000 US so I imagine they pay a similar rate. Big house with big walled garden...etc.
Just how many illegal Haitians do you think there are driving two almost new Mercedes?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just how many illegal Haitians do you think there are driving two almost new Mercedes?
I doubt they are illegal but they definitely are Haitians and there are more than two of them. The house has at least 8 bedrooms. Our gardener also has the contract for yard maintence on that house. Owner lives in NY.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Driving Mercedes Benz but renting a house to live, that's is not 🤓 smart.

JJ

Reactions: chico bill

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

JJ
It also would not be smart to try and rob that house. Those Haitians are not using machetes to protect against ladrones...............

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
It also would not be smart to try and rob that house. Those Haitians are not using machetes to protect against ladrones...............
They should have a couple machetes Handy, machetes are better for quick response if you are unexpected attacked.

I have one in my shed (workshop) just in case someone give a surprise when I am working in my projects.

JJ

Reactions: bob saunders

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They should have a couple machetes Handy, machetes are better for quick response if you are unexpected attacked.

I have one in my shed (workshop) just in case someone give a surprise when I am working in my projects.

JJ
I came across a guy with a machete. He ended up in a morgue in Santiago. You "Don't take a Knife to a Gun fight"..............

• Love
Reactions: Big and aarhus

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This just reconfirms another point I made originally, at this point proof has been provided to backup every point I stated originally. The DR government may want to rethink their approach to how their handling people and this situation overall because they're taking a major PR hit on this matter by the hour.
I'm not sure how long you have been here but to give you a heads up, several years ago the Caribbean nations all got together and tried to push the DR government of the day to accept more Haitians and treat them better. The DR government calmly said to each country "how many do you want ".

Not one other nation took any nor did they offer any type of financial assistance to help out. Now the drama kings & queens of the world want to interfere but from where I sit I don't see anyone lining up to take any Haitian refugees.

If a country ever needed a wall, the DR is it. And to clear up one other point, the DR government could give a rats ass about their popularity on PR on this matter. Political correctness should not dictate your country's survival because it's neighbor can't get its shit together.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I'm not sure how long you have been here but to give you a heads up, several years ago the Caribbean nations all got together and tried to push the DR government of the day to accept more Haitians and treat them better. The DR government calmly said to each country "how many do you want ".

Not one other nation took any nor did they offer any type of financial assistance to help out. Now the drama kings & queens of the world want to interfere but from where I sit I don't see anyone lining up to take any Haitian refugees.

If a country ever needed a wall, the DR is it. And to clear up one other point, the DR government could give a rats ass about their popularity on PR on this matter. Political correctness should not dictate your country's survival because it's neighbor can't get its shit together.
Also worth noting, none of the complainers vote for prez or legistlators.

Reactions: melphis

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
As you requested:

The wording of the US Embassy note is:
“Alert: Ongoing Dominican Migration Enforcement
“This message is to advise US citizens that in recent months travelers to the Dominican Republic have reported being delayed, detained, or subject to heightened questioning at ports of entry and in other encounters with immigration officials based on their skin color. Reports of disparate treatment of US citizens by Dominican authorities are a matter of ongoing concern to the US Embassy.

“In addition, in recent days, as reported in Dominican media, Dominican Migration (DGM) agents have conducted widespread operations aimed at detaining those they believe to be undocumented migrants, especially persons of Haitian descent. These actions may lead to increased interaction with Dominican authorities, especially for darker skinned US citizens and US citizens of African descent. In some cases, authorities have not respected these individuals’ legal status in the Dominican Republic or nationality. There are reports that detainees are kept in overcrowded detention centers, without the ability to challenge their detention, and without access to food or restroom facilities, sometimes for days at a time, before being released or deported to Haiti.
The bold is not evidence of anything. Some people complained etc. If he DR wanted to really make a splash they could just go arrest some of the Jet Blue whore mongers on made up charges. Word would spread and they would quickly stop flying to POP for whores.
Regarding the 2nd paragraph it's no crime to arrest illegals and deport them.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Welcome to Dr1 !!!

Anything that disagrees with them : propaganda.

Anything that makes them insecure, tremble, cry : fake news.

Anything that has changed since 1970 : woke .

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😖😖😖
You seem to have forgotten who it is that needs "safe spaces" and has to cancel everything that is contrary to their narrative.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Welcome to Dr1 !!!

Anything that disagrees with them : propaganda.

Anything that makes them insecure, tremble, cry : fake news.

Anything that has changed since 1970 : woke .

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😖😖😖
Good point! Enforcing immigration, laws , supporting business and supporting investors makes many cry,tremble and feel insecure in their lives. So they run to the government for comfort and to support them.

Reactions: bob saunders

Big

Apr 24, 2019

Agree. Further, poll 100 working Domincans and 93 will say build a wall/fence and send illegals back.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
The stories I have recently been reading on how the Dr government is treating Haitians is really sickening. I am hearing cases of children being deported without their parents knowledge, Haitian pregnant women being denied entry at hospitals and having to give birth outside. Also some cases of Haitians providing their proper legal paperwork to police and still being deported.

There are also more and more cases reported of African-Americans on vacation in the DR being detained based on their skin color.

The US State Department has posted a warning to US citizens that dark skin African Americans are being detained based on their skin color.

I think it's time that people of the world say we are not going to support a government that treats people this way and protest by VACATIONING ELSEWHERE!
How about you leave your U.S. mentality and yourself in the U.S. Feel free to vacation elsewhere we do not need people like you who think they can try to U.S. the DR.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
How about you leave your U.S. mentality and yourself in the U.S. Feel free to vacation elsewhere we do not need people like you who think they can try to U.S. the DR.
larieau100

I'd like to see proof of "more and more cases reported of African-Americans on vacation in the DR being detained based on their skin color"

Reactions: KyleMackey

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I came across a guy with a machete. He ended up in a morgue in Santiago. You "Don't take a Knife to a Gun fight"..............
My neighbor Joe was going to get rid of the one because the handle broke.
I thought about how many times I saw my grandfather fixing his most important tool.
I got it right, made a wooden handle!

JJ

Attachments

• IMG_20221129_124343060.jpg
    IMG_20221129_124343060.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 84

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

JJ
Unless you fear getting your property tied up and never being able to sell it. So many many property stories here about people with squatters or title not getting resolved and someone else claiming the property you supposedly bought.
It is little wonder people feel nervous about plopping down a good chuck of cash to see it evaporate later

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

The stories I have recently been reading on how the Dr government is treating Haitians is really sickening. I am hearing cases of children being deported without their parents knowledge, Haitian pregnant women being denied entry at hospitals and having to give birth outside. Also some cases of Haitians providing their proper legal paperwork to police and still being deported.

There are also more and more cases reported of African-Americans on vacation in the DR being detained based on their skin color.

The US State Department has posted a warning to US citizens that dark skin African Americans are being detained based on their skin color.

I think it's time that people of the world say we are not going to support a government that treats people this way and protest by VACATIONING ELSEWHERE!
I have not heard of one case. Sure I imagine they have happened but I bet more European and Canadians get hassled. I'd like to hear first hand knowledge.
Besides the AAs coming for the cheap love off the street are little threat. Most are older and trying for one last hurrah before their willies give up the erector set. They are mostly decent people, I find, and since they are attracted to the bulging spandex crowd - it keeps the hooker's street-aggression minimized

Status
Not open for further replies.