Should US Citzens Protest the DR for How Haitians are Treated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
My neighbor Joe was going to get rid of the one because the handle broke.
I thought about how many times I saw my grandfather fixing his most important tool.
I got it right, made a wooden handle!

JJ
If you didn't know in DR the word machete refers specifically to the one with the big rounded head, this type of machete in my picture is called Colin.
Collins is an American brand of machetes leader in the market back in the days

JJ

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If you didn't know in DR the word machete refers specifically to the one with the big rounded head, this type of machete in my picture is called Colin.
Collins is an American brand of machetes leader in the market back in the days

JJ
Is it better for cutting cane?

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Trabajar machete in DR means to be a farmer, my grandfather in the side of my Mother was farmer who used to work his land in Moca meanwhile my grandfather in the side of my Dad was a business man in the town of Moca he had a bakery and used to sell his products allover the Cibao .

JJ

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Unless you fear getting your property tied up and never being able to sell it. So many many property stories here about people with squatters or title not getting resolved and someone else claiming the property you supposedly bought.
It is little wonder people feel nervous about plopping down a good chuck of cash to see it evaporate later
This is so spot on. I would never buy here in a million years. Besides, I probably couldn't get a mortage, even with 1/2 down. I'm a happy renter.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
To cut sugar cane, swing a machete = Chapeo... That's where the word Chapeadoras was originated.

Chapeadoras = Chicas on Pedro Clisante St.

JJ

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This is so spot on. I would never buy here in a million years. Besides, I probably couldn't get a mortage, even with 1/2 down. I'm a happy renter.
I am perfectly happy owning my house, and paying no rent. When I die my boys will inherit my home in Canada, and my wife, if still alive will sell my house and keep half. We have several more houses and properties here, and we have sold several with good profit. We have clear title on all but two properties that have deslinde almost complete. Judge in the land court in La Vega is a childhood friend of my wife and that helps at times.

DRforme

Oct 23, 2022
USA
I am perfectly happy owning my house, and paying no rent. When I die my boys will inherit my home in Canada, and my wife, if still alive will sell my house and keep half. We have several more houses and properties here, and we have sold several with good profit. We have clear title on all but two properties that have deslinde almost complete. Judge in the land court in La Vega is a childhood friend of my wife and that helps at times.
Could not agree more about owning. My wife and I built a home last year in Jima Arriba and we just purchased a lot in Don Persio La Vega and have contracted for a home to be built there. Not at all worried about any of the problems that have been mentioned previously. I can not stress enough about the use of a competent lawyer to ensure that your paperwork is in order.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Could not agree more about owning. My wife and I built a home last year in Jima Arriba and we just purchased a lot in Don Persio La Vega and have contracted for a home to be built there. Not at all worried about any of the problems that have been mentioned previously. I can not stress enough about the use of a competent lawyer to ensure that your paperwork is in order.
Real estate is the best investment you can do, I see some of my coworkers driving Mercedes Benz, huge trucks and all type of luxurious vehicles but renting apartments, in my case I prefer to drive old inexpensive cars but live in my own house.
My mortgage is really low compared to the average monthly rent for a small apartment in town. In the other hand I have earned a huge equity during the time. If I sell tomorrow I can retire and go to DR with no worries of 🤑.

JJ

Reactions: bob saunders
Status
Not open for further replies.