Silence

ejl293

May 29, 2012
same in Sosua, loud party in Hispaniola. Sure seemed to be a pretty big number of people.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
In the Gregorian calendar, New Year's Eve, the last day of the year, is on 31 December.
In many countries, New Year's Eve is celebrated at evening parties, where many people dance, eat, drink, and watch or light fireworks.
Some people should really start looking into "Retirement Communities".

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
More local neighborhood noise today than last night. Several larger than permitted or maxed out backyard gatherings and music all around me. It is kind of a shame that I don't much enjoy their choice of music. I tend not to be mobile too early these mornings, so I suspect Saturday and Sunday are going to seem longer than they usually do.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Very disrespectful?
It was New Year's Eve!
Most New Year's Eve parties in RD DO NOT END AT ALL.
2am?
While there is a stricter curfew in place now, nobody stated persons must stop living.
The idea that loud drunken all night parties is "living" is only the view of a few.
The revelers you describe as living look more dead than alive the next day.

My view is enjoying a party and not getting drunk is more of an accomplishment.
Perhaps it depends on ones need for alcohol to have a good time.
A glass of champagne with family and a few friends is fine for me.
And my neighbors, who I value, have never complained.

Reactions: JD Jones

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The idea that loud drunken all night parties is "living" is only the view of a few.
The revelers you describe as living look more dead than alive the next day.

My view is enjoying a party and not getting drunk is more of an accomplishment.
Perhaps it depends on ones need for alcohol to have a good time.
A glass of champagne with family and a few friends is fine for me.
And my neighbors, who I value, have never complained.

Agreed to an extent, but not everybody was born 65+ years old, or with a rod shoved up their patootie.
Add more fiber to your diet, and live a little.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't know how old you two are, but I agree with both of you.

I was a party animal for years, including owning a very successful nightclub.

These days I hardly ever have a glass of loudmouth anymore. Gave up smoking too. My body has been beaten half to death, but at least my lab results these days impress my doctor.

That's what counts now.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I don't know how old you two are, but I agree with both of you.

I was a party animal for years, including owning a very successful nightclub.

These days I hardly ever have a glass of loudmouth anymore. Gave up smoking too. My body has been beaten half to death, but at least my lab results these days impress my doctor.

That's what counts now.

Do not underestimate the power of the almighty CHINOLA!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
same in Sosua, loud party in Hispaniola. Sure seemed to be a pretty big number of people.
I was at a party Wednesday night in Sosua. It was loud as can be with people eating, drinking
dancing and having a good time. There was around 60 people from 7 or 8 different countries in attendance.
No idea how many of the attendees have died yet from Covid but I will be sure to post
the deaths as I get learn of them. In the mean time. Staying positive and enjoying the New Year!