Single men and adoption in the Dominican Republic

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Why would anybody want to have a kid this way when there are so many attractive women on this island???? ie, come on down and spend a while not in the tourist areas and behave yourself like a gentlemen and you will eventually land a good one.

At any rate I also expect the Dominican government to be very keen on where the child will be raised and under what circumstances. IMO opinion any type of "alternative" type of families will not be considered, just my two cents.

The Dominican Government should be very keen with the millions of children going hungry and being abused everyday.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Based on the following requirement for adoption and the Dominican governments laws it won't be anytime soon before they will be able to adopt children from the DR:

(1) Affidavit from a religious or community organization in the adopting parents’ country of residence attesting to their good morals and civic virtues.

As far as not homosexuals not being able to have children are concerned, from what I remember from biology the sperm from the male and the egg from the female are what make that happen but apparently some never got that memo. :)

Chip, there are other religious organizations besides the catholic church... and some even tend to accept homosexuals themselves even if they don?t accept ?the sin?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Chip, there are other religious organizations besides the catholic church... and some even tend to accept homosexuals themselves even if they don?t accept ?the sin?

The Catholic church does accept Homosexuality and Paedophilia, but only among its priests:eek:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I am a dual citizen (Dominican & US) that is interested in having a child. I would like a biological child and wanted to know if anyone knows if surrogacy is allowed in the Dominican Republic.

The surrogate would not have genetic linkages to the baby (donated egg) but I will. .

A child needs a mother. Your desire to have a "family" shouldn't force a kid to not have a mother.

Adopt a pet.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
A child needs a mother. Your desire to have a "family" shouldn't force a kid to not have a mother.

Adopt a pet.

And for those who have raised children alone? do you suggest offering our children up for adoption should we lose the mother of our children due to unavoidable circumstance?

Or are you simply homophobic and not thought your opinions and views out very well?

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011

Adopt a pet.

~A child needs to be nurtured and loved~ It does not matter if you are male or female...I know many nurturing men....and woman that aren't even close to being nurturing and loving...

JDOL

Oct 25, 2011
This is very quickly becoming a bickering, homophobic, xenophobic, theophobic thread. My question has been answered by people who understand Dominican law and have not allow bigoted views to get on the way.

Thank you all who were of help. I just asked a simple question. No one in the forum knows the circumstances and remember what happens when you ASS-U-me.

Cheers.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
This is very quickly becoming a bickering, homophobic, xenophobic, theophobic thread. My question has been answered by people who understand Dominican law and have not allow bigoted views to get on the way.

Thank you all who were of help. I just asked a simple question. No one in the forum knows the circumstances and remember what happens when you ASS-U-me.

Cheers.

I reported to have closed.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
And for those who have raised children alone? do you suggest offering our children up for adoption should we lose the mother of our children due to unavoidable circumstance?

Or are you simply homophobic and not thought your opinions and views out very well?

Not at all. Many people are pushed into circumstances where they become a single parent. And most do a great job. My hat goes off to them.

So please put the name calling aside. If you were a little kid, would you rather have a mother and a father? Or have to pick just one? If a Kid could choose, they would always choose to have both.

Fathers provide things a mother cant provide, and the same with mothers. So if a person's desire is to start a family, it's best to provide both a mother and father to that kid.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Not at all. Many people are pushed into circumstances where they become a single parent. And most do a great job. My hat goes off to them.

So please put the name calling aside. If you were a little kid, would you rather have a mother and a father? Or have to pick just one? If a Kid could choose, they would always choose to have both.

Fathers provide things a mother cant provide, and the same with mothers. So if a person's desire is to start a family, it's best to provide both a mother and father to that kid.

Very well said.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011

That is an absolute cop out to your original post, and you know it!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
That is an absolute cop out to your original post, and you know it!

No, it isn't.

I said a "child needs a mother" in response to a single male producing & raising a baby - without a mother. I maybe could have said a "child needs a mother & a father both" but that doesn't change the message. If you thought my original post meant something else, sorry for the confusion.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
No, it isn't.

I said a "child needs a mother" in response to a single male producing & raising a baby - without a mother. I maybe could have said a "child needs a mother & a father both" but that doesn't change the message. If you thought my original post meant something else, sorry for the confusion.

Adopt a pet.

There is an obvious difference in tone and sentiment to these two posts. Obviously you have had a change of heart from the first post, that a single man or same sex couple should 'adopt a pet' rather than be a father. That's a good thing.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
No, it isn't.

Just ignore the chatter until this gets closed. We have lot of bored people here that can't just give an answer and leave it at that. ;)