Sledge Hammer in Spanish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What exactly does ?sledge?mean in this context? Does one use this to adjust sledges?

The RALE dictionary gives mandarria, but the problem is that people who use sledgehammers do no0t normally have a clue that the Real Academia de la Lengua Espa?ola exists. I have heard martillote.

In the iron works next to the school yhey call them mandarrias, but our contruction contrador calls them something else. Massete I believe.

Aug 6, 2006
The Royal Academy Dictionary is the ultimate authority on the Spanish language. It is the authortity on defrinitions of words, not the use of tools. The RALE has a branch in every Spanish speaking nation.

It does not have the power to make workers use the proper words.

I note that in English, chassis grease fittings were always called ?Zerks? Or was it dzerks? All languages always have conflicts between proper usage and actual usage. It seems to be a basic human problem.

Is it cinta para mascar or m?cinteip?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yeah, and they probably say "dos" and "refrescos" instead of the proper "doh!" and "refreqos" as well. Thfpppt. ;)

As a matter of fact, you're right, haha.

And since the OP's question has been answered - with the word used in DR - we're finished with this Spanish lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.