Small shopping bill

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
miguel said:
True, stainless steel is more expensive. Still, those prices in the DR are amazing. There's a Frigidaire Stainless Steel Package that comes with a 21 c. f. fridge, a dishwasher and a self-cleaning range for $ 1,688.00.
I'm sure you don't want to hear what we paid for the same. I didn't want to know. I hate you. ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Me sorry, truly sorry!

Pib said:
I'm sure you don't want to hear what we paid for the same. I didn't want to know. I hate you. ;)
But I also did not mentioned that since I work at the store, I get a 15% off the price and if I wait and there's no more at the distribution center, I can buy the floor display for another 10% off. Meaning, my price would have been $ 1, 266.00!!!.

So you can hate me more, hehe, did I mentioned that I can get a digital camcorder that was $ 799.99 last year, for $ 299.99 and the same one is priced in the DR, back in August, for RD $ 39,000. Go figure.

Also, is it true what someone in the DR told me today. He told me that some dominicans use to say that "bacalao" was for poor people and that it's so expensive now that only rich people can afford it?.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
For Those Who Salary Is In Pesos And Don't Exchange Dollars For Pesos Everything Is Heading To The Right Direction For Those Who Enjoyed The High Exhange Rates The Game Seems To Be Over Atleast Untill January (that's My Prediction)

ginni

Oct 29, 2005
www.collectorscircle.com
Where did y'all go

I am sorry to see that there is no new activity on this thread since nearly a year ago.

Today, Hallowe'en 2005, the exchange rate is 33.x USD to 1 RD.

How much is regular gasoline?
And then I am interested in everything else as well.

Yes, maybe we will be retiring there about this time next year, and we will be coming the first part of December for an in person look see. :nervous: