So, I ordered a tablet.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Sort of an experiment to see how it goes.

It's a Lenovo P12 2024 with a 12.5' screen. 335 bucks. I want to see if it makes it through ADUANA without paying the tax.

I've had a Lenovo tablet running my WYZE cameras for a few years ago and no complaints, but I'd like to see them on a bigger screen.

Bonus: Here's a Haitian who borrowed my chairs for his 4th of July celebration. I'm still waiting for him to bring them back.

Last edited:

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I assume he stole it and will not be returned
I have 5 different cameras recording that location. He looked at them and didn't blink an eye.

He knows; who's going to bother to look for a couple of plastic chairs?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Electronics are red flags for aduanas. Expect a look-see and a tax.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: cavok

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Electronics are red flags for aduanas. Expect a look-see and a tax.

Regards,

PJT
I agree. I'll just note that none of my electronics up until now have been taxed. I believe that's due to my courier. We shall see.

• Wow

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Aduanas are pain in the fking ass, they even taxed my shipping years ago via fedex and wanted $23,000RD.

Crazy

• Wow

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Aduanas are pain in the fking ass, they even taxed my shipping years ago via fedex and wanted $23,000RD.

Crazy
I dont want to outbid here but we had our mudanza to the DR in 1992 they found 146 pairs of men’s shoes.
I do have some yes but no that amount.
A lawyer had to negóciate.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sort of an experiment to see how it goes.

It's a Lenovo P12 2024 with a 12.5' screen. 335 bucks. I want to see if it makes it through ADUANA without paying the tax.

I've had a Lenovo tablet running my WYZE cameras for a few years ago and no complaints, but I'd like to see them on a bigger screen.

Bonus: Here's a Haitian who borrowed my chairs for his 4th of July celebration. I'm still waiting for him to bring them back.

I wondered why those chairs I just bought at the pulga were so cheap

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I dont want to outbid here but we had our mudanza to the DR in 1992 they found 146 pairs of men’s shoes.
I do have some yes but no that amount.
A lawyer had to negóciate.
146? lol but at least you got it to DR safe.

Next time, if anyone want send large packages, do cargo, cheaper and little longer and less BS.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
146? lol but at least you got it to DR safe.

Next time, if anyone want send large packages, do cargo, cheaper and little longer and less BS.
It was the first time I moved to the DR complete mudanza with all forniture, clothing motors etc.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
This is not even funny.
A good Chair today costs around 1,800 RD.
You can protect chairs and similar items with ;

.12 Blanks are easy to get even here. The item it self you can dismantle and bring it into the country. Taken apart it is unrecognizeble.
It does an amazing Job and somehow word spreads fast that i'm "the loco that shots at thiefs". I conected it to my crapy 600 peso Ikea welcome carpet at my door that was stolen weekly. It triggered in the very first night after placing it and since them "all quiet on the western front". If you can't get blanks, get regular ones and replace the pellets with compressed toilet paper and you are good to go.
And the "chickens" of you can get this one;

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
This is not even funny.
A good Chair today costs around 1,800 RD.
You can protect chairs and similar items with ;

.12 Blanks are easy to get even here. The item it self you can dismantle and bring it into the country. Taken apart it is unrecognizeble.
It does an amazing Job and somehow word spreads fast that i'm "the loco that shots at thiefs". I conected it to my crapy 600 peso Ikea welcome carpet at my door that was stolen weekly. It triggered in the very first night after placing it and since them "all quiet on the western front". If you can't get blanks, get regular ones and replace the pellets with compressed toilet paper and you are good to go.
And the "chickens" of you can get this one;

Too many kids here to have something like that.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Why ? Kids dont steal ???? It makes a big Bang and nothing more. And if some of them shit in their pants you just follow the smell and you get them.
Several years ago at a diferent location, i catched a few kids stealing (attempted to) my 1k BBQ. I got one of this future criminals and spray painted him completely > 5 min sress with his "Uncle" and 3 years of living in peace without any theft. You decide !!!! Here you have to stand your ground or you become the "Gringo pendejo" of the neighborhood

Reactions: colmcb and Fulano2

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Several years ago at a diferent location, i catched a few kids stealing (attempted to) my 1k BBQ. I got one of this future criminals and spray painted him completely > 5 min sress with his "Uncle" and 3 years of living in peace without any theft. You decide !!!! Here you have to stand your ground or you become the "Gringo pendejo" of the neighborhood
I had to run the local 'lawyer' out of my yard.
One day he asked for water for his horse. I gave him an old 5-gallon bucket & filled it from the hose.

Now he has 5 horses as he's bred them that he let's run free, grazing on people's empty lots crappy everywhere. He cuts fences and after they're repaired he cuts them agaun.

One day I came home to find him filling his bucket in my driveway from my hose without asking. In a country where Corraplata no longer delivers water is a premium.

And all 3 of my remaining empty 5-gallon buckets disappeared as well.

Now he knows where cisterns aren't locked on construction projects and he lowers 5-gallon buckets on a rope into them (without asking) to water the horses.

We've had several heated discussions about his horses roaming at night setting off all the dogs barking from their movement.
One day the moron whips out his wallet and flashes his lawyer ID and screams at me he's can take me to the fiscal.
"I laughed and say for what? Complaining that you let 5 horses run around without permission ?"

I would love to publish his name but I'll refrain from that.

Reactions: JD Jones