So, I ordered a tablet.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I had to run the local 'lawyer' out of my yard.
One day he asked for water for his horse. I gave him an old 5-gallon bucket & filled it from the hose.

Now he has 5 horses as he's bred them that he let's run free, grazing on people's empty lots crappy everywhere. He cuts fences and after they're repaired he cuts them agaun.

One day I came home to find him filling his bucket in my driveway from my hose without asking. In a country where Corraplata no longer delivers water is a premium.

And all 3 of my remaining empty 5-gallon buckets disappeared as well.

Now he knows where cisterns aren't locked on construction projects and he lowers 5-gallon buckets on a rope into them (without asking) to water the horses.

We've had several heated discussions about his horses roaming at night setting off all the dogs barking from their movement.
One day the moron whips out his wallet and flashes his lawyer ID and screams at me he's can take me to the fiscal.
"I laughed and say for what? Complaining that you let 5 horses run around without permission ?"

I would love to publish his name but I'll refrain fr
I like to refurbish Chromebooks on amazon.com with their guarantee very good

Reactions: JD Jones

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Thanks. I'm guessing my charge will be approx. 5000 pesos for shipping and tax. Let's see how close I am.
Did you "pre-advise" Domex by uploading your invoice from Amazon? Without that, I'm curious how Aduana would calculate the tax accurately. I think your estimate is going to be pretty close.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Did you "pre-advise" Domex by uploading your invoice from Amazon? Without that, I'm curious how Aduana would calculate the tax accurately. I think your estimate is going to be pretty close.
TBH, the times I have pre-advised with them have not worked out well for me. (The way my A/C compressor was handled was the stuff of legends, and not in a good way.)

I have had more than a few items delivered "under the wire" so to speak to believe it's not a coincidence.

Maybe because I'm a big customer, or maybe not, but I just seem to have more luck by not doing the pre-advise.

Even if I get taxed, I'm still way ahead of the game.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

I'm heading up north this weekend and for sure I will buy a tablet so that I don't need to carry my laptop between JD and the capital. These prices are insanely low...I think.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016

I'm heading up north this weekend and for sure I will buy a tablet so that I don't need to carry my laptop between JD and the capital. These prices are insanely low...I think.
The Lenovo website has them for $267. That's what I tried to buy first, but it wouldn't take my Paypal CC. First time that's happened to me.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

I don’t know how it’s with android tablets, but with the iPad Pro you do need the stylus of you will be typing a lot. For whatever reason, if a word needs to have a letter corrected or added, the cursor may never go to the exact spot with the finger. The entire word has be re-typed. With the stylus the cursor go to exactly where you tap it on the screen.

For newer iPads the stylus is able to stick to the iPad (magnets), but with the older iPads you will need to get a case with a pencil holder. Otherwise, that stylus could very well get lost. That simple thing is US$100 The pencil holder is in such a way the stylus’ battery begins to automatically be recharged as long that it’s there and requires it. (https://www.amazon.com/Ztotop-Released-Rugged-Protector-Designed/dp/B095YHT2N8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=P4PHKN2LT2KW&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.9k-W9Cvxr42Ce69kZQjYpVAQDuIAdhmevP6sEjNskR1saSnFFD80j6P90b5LP1zHGgMvh1M_ffHYxqFQ7cn7CSMlU3NyQEgpVKFohwO8AwYMcT3N49ewtlkZ_irjorfXGOeNLjLtqjjX6hO91IV9hXTV_6ylw-h4w-RTA1qEFFf40cdFq_116Su8vsAi_2prcp_vhR73dNcjykgDKsez3PgYF89GLApcstLrm9BDQBc.5SvAvJEPgTQgA8H7_K9X-8U_GgJegYP45g5XYQk13H4&dib_tag=se&keywords=longevity+turtle+ipad+case&qid=1720583826&sprefix=Ipad+longevity+turtle,aps,219&sr=8-4&th=1)

It’s probably the same with android tablets, it never gets hot nor has the fan that many laptops have (hence that buzzing sound is simply not there.) It’s also extremely light.

If I go by my own experience, for whatever reason the iPad lends itself to more typos than the laptop. Have no idea why.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'm going to use this 12.7" tablet for my WYZE cameras (I'm up to 12 2.5K cameras)

61Zc--4CTXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

No Apple for me.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
It arrived at the local DOMEX office a few minutes ago, so it should be delivered tomorrow morning. Weight 2.9 lbs. Total cost $3308 pesos.
Breakdown:

tanley.jpg

I don't understand why the freight was so low, but I'm not complaining.

I'm happy. ( Not worrying about batteries either. Life is good, for now)

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
It arrived at the local DOMEX office a few minutes ago, so it should be delivered tomorrow morning. Weight 2.9 lbs. Total cost $3308 pesos.
Breakdown:

View attachment 9419
I don't understand why the freight was so low, but I'm not complaining.

I'm happy. ( Not worrying about batteries either. Life is good, for now)
That is not bad, better than my estimate of $5000RD but airport fee? seguro fee? wtf is going on, nonsense garbage fees.. dang

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
As in many things in life, the cost of an item consists of an accumulation of small charges that add up to the final cost.

They do that so you can see why the cost can be a little high.

Mas claridad, mas amistad!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
As in many things in life, the cost of an item consists of an accumulation of small charges that add up to the final cost.

They do that so you can see why the cost can be a little high.

Mas claridad, mas amistad!
LOL. Ever read a closing doc of the purchase of a house or car. Most people don't has they find it (boring, complicated).I find it interesting becomes they read like a crime story.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Everything is up and running and the Lenovo is in it's forever home. Here's a comparison with it's 4 yr old little brother:

lenovo.jpg

It's a good thing I got this one. When I replaced the smaller one I discovered the battery inside has swollen up and has popped open it's case.

I'm not sure I want to change it, so that's on hold for now. Gotta think about it.

Reactions: colmcb

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The Lenovo website has them for $267. That's what I tried to buy first, but it wouldn't take my Paypal CC. First time that's happened to me.
I bought the same one you bought today. Did your final price include the pen? (I could have bought the $267 one as he had one in stock but that was, at that price the P11. I opted for the P12.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I bought the same one you bought today. Did your final price include the pen? (I could have bought the $267 one as he had one in stock but that was, at that price the P11. I opted for the P12.

Yes, mine came with the pen. I didn't need the pen but I couldn't buy it without it.

I'll just put it with all my other "Stuff" lol

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yes, mine came with the pen. I didn't need the pen but I couldn't buy it without it.

I'll just put it with all my other "Stuff" lol
I'm not familiar at all with "pens" but from the little I read on line about this one...it has enhanced features that do more then draw. I'll wait till I get back to the DR to sort it all out.