Solar papers

LadyDR

Feb 10, 2021
Germany
I have a question concerning the papers for our land. My husband is in the papers listed. Do I need to be listed in the paper as well if it should be in both hands?
Is it sufficient to be married and not listed in the documents?
Or needs the name of him and a statement that he is married in the documents. I have seen some documents of a friend and he was listed as single but he was married. What has the status (married/single) for an result if listed in the documents of the land?
Thank you

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
To avoid having to go through the hassles of changing ownership both parties should be listed on the land title documents. If something happens to him and you are not a titled owner, you will have to jump through a bunch of legal hoops to sell or transfer the property if you wanted to do so.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
First things first. Was the land purchased before or after you got married?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Good. See post # 2. He should be happy to include his wife in their communal possessions. :)

• Haha

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have purchased land from married couples and the título had the name of both parties on it.
Both had to sign the sales contract.
My 2 pesos worth

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My Dominican husband and I bought vacant land back in 1978, a couple of years after we were married. He handled everything, and it was only in his name. Now we're getting up there in age, and decided it was prudent to have my name on the titles, "just in case". What a nightmare. It's done, but boy, do we wish we did it the right way at purchase. Get your name on the title NOW.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Put both names on titles and everything else where law permits. It simplifies everything should a divorce or split happen later.
Even the dog...
Divorce... I remember that thing...thats when they take your wallet out thru your balls........