Some Kind of Special Idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2009
As real as it gets - they are idiots. Let's not sugar coat it to be "politically correct". When you make excuses for blatant stupidity you promulgate it.

A good bagger , who is polite, might get bigger tips or get noticed by Playero and move into a paid position.

If they are depending on tips for income then you would think they would learn how to bag efficiently and protect customers' food and thereby make bigger tips.
In the future I will keep my eye on them and force them aside, especially the one today - he won't touch my groceries again.
And what kind of dunce puts a hot roasted chicken on top of a Hershey bar ? At 7 years old, without instructions, I would have known better than that.
He is a fool with no glimmer of advancing in life. Probably being a bag boy is the pinnacle of his career.
You are really laying into these bag boys.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My pet peeve is the double knots they seem to love. As soon as they start bagging we tell them “no knots and not too heavy”. They usually listen. Like CG, I put all the cold items together on the belt,all the meat together, etc. We have a long ride home, so we have insulated bags in the car to pop in the meats, dairy, refrigerated, etc.

Reactions: Meemselle

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
My pet peeve is the double knots they seem to love. As soon as they start bagging we tell them “no knots and not too heavy”. They usually listen. Like CG, I put all the cold items together on the belt,all the meat together, etc. We have a long ride home, so we have insulated bags in the car to pop in the meats, dairy, refrigerated, etc.
Yes I have an insulated bag too and as soon as I get to the car I put the items that need to say cool in there, if I am not headed straight home.
But it only takes 30 seconds for a bah of hot chicken on top of a Hershey bar to melt it. So it was too late by the time I got to the car.
Yes the knots are annoying, because you have to destroy the bag to get the products out

Last edited by a moderator:

JDFriend

the Translator
May 15, 2007
At Jumbo, the kids know what they're doing. They know what goes in with what. What bugs me.... and I have told them.... is that they will talk among themselves and joke and do stupid things.... anything except taking care of the produce. They don't care, they are there to have a good time.

OK where do they find the morons to do bagging in Playero ? Don't they train them slightly ?
I bought a hot roasted chicken which the dumb f*ck put in a funda on top of the Hershey bar and then on top of that he put somecold yogurt, and a bag of Oreos.

Then he bagged 6 Presidentes in cans, with 6 Ginger Ales, also in cans all in one bag (not double bagged), sure the cans look similar, but 12 cans in a single bag ? ! Of course it ripped open on the way to the car and split two cans of Ginger Ale.
And the Hersey bar melted, naturally,.... it was under a hot bag of chicken, duh ?
Next time i am going to insist on bagging myself or at least supervise the autistic bag boy. Playero - Train those monkeys !
And on top of that I had given the dumsh*t a 50 peso tip before I realized what sloppy bagging job he'd done.
Maybe my fault for thinking he knew how to bag, a really complicated job !
Sloppy bagging = $0 future tips
You stood there and watched him do it, Shame on you

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What a bunch of cranky, old, foreign farts.
Perhaps you should bag your own groceries, wheel them through the parking area, and load them into your vehicles....yourselves!
You can save your 25 to 35 pesos, or for the big tippers 100 pesos!!!!!!!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Chico -- the master multi-tasker......

C'mon....... the grocery bagging is priority #1.....
then the discount card and paying

at least that's the way I do it

Yes... cooler and ice in car waiting......

I have yet to meet young Mr Einstein..... the bagger boy.... they need a bit of coaching

• Haha
Reactions: etolw

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

I have yet to meet young Mr Einstein..... the bagger boy.... they need a bit of coaching

I would pay to sit there watching him bag, navigate the cart through the car park, and load his own groceries.
Foldable chairs. Filled cooler. Cold beers. The bagger boys can join me, and we can share a bit of happiness amongst a laughable episode.

• Wow
Reactions: m555 and etolw

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Perhaps you should bag your own groceries, wheel them through the parking area, and load them into your vehicles....yourselves!
And that's what you are allowed to do in Jumbo. I don't need a waterhead to wheel my groceries to the car. But Playero won't let you take their precious shopping carts to the parking lot, you must use one of their untrained monkeys.
Call me cranky - yeah after my Hershey's with almonds melted......you bet I was.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I would pay to sit there watching him bag, navigate the cart through the car park, and load his own groceries.
Foldable chairs. Filled cooler. Cold beers. The bagger boys can join me, and we can share a bit of happiness amongst a laughable episode.
Come watch. I bag and roll it out at Jumbo. Never had an issue with my own work.
In the future I will bag in Playero while the bag boy looks around and picks his nose under his mask

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Well I would love to introduce you too him. He's tall, medium build, close cut hair, about 17 with a vacant, empty look like he just ate paste and is horribly constipated but still thinking about getting his next rice and beans banquet, then retiring to his room with lotion and a tissue

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
And that's what you are allowed to do in Jumbo. I don't need a waterhead to wheel my groceries to the car. But Playero won't let you take their precious shopping carts to the parking lot, you must use one of their untrained monkeys.
Call me cranky - yeah after my Hershey's with almonds melted......you bet I was.

Solution = do not shop there any longer.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

I can imagine your pain - Hershey type-

I have bagged at Playero--- just wave them off..... he can wheel for you

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Come watch. I bag and roll it out at Jumbo. Never had an issue with my own work.
In the future I will bag in Playero while the bag boy looks around and picks his nose under his mask

I hoped you maintained proper social distancing through the carpark, as your Hershey's with Almonds were melting.
For future reference, items I consider to be "delicate", are placed on the side of the conveyor belt or cart, to be ringed up last, so as that I may watch them through the process. Items such as eggs, bread, and Hershey's with Almonds. ;)

Reactions: PCMike

Patti Shabaga

Mar 3, 2015
There are so many terrible derogatory words used in these comments. I actually can't even believe this is a thread.

Reactions: m555
Apr 10, 2014
You are so correct. With all the sh#t going on in the world how could be any cause of aggravation. I tip the baggers to let me bag it myself. Never a problem.

Reactions: Patti Shabaga
Status
Not open for further replies.