Someone poisoned my dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
The night before last around 3am, someone came to my house and left a poison wrapped chicken breast on my porch, killing my dog. What options do I have here to actually get someone to investigate and find the person responsible?

I did talk to the police, but none of my cameras caught the person, so they weren't too interested in helping

I'm guessing there isn't much I can do, other than buying more cameras and lights so this doesn't happen again

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Sorry about your loss. I lost two at once the same way, even with security cameras. It was a person in a White Camry who threw pieces of salami with Tres Pasitos,

Two weeks later my house was robbed by kids who squeezed between the iron bars. (Cause and effect)

Not much you can do other than be aware.

If you get another dog(s), train them to only eat from a bowl you give them.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
The night before last around 3am, someone came to my house and left a poison wrapped chicken breast on my porch, killing my dog. What options do I have here to actually get someone to investigate and find the person responsible?

I did talk to the police, but none of my cameras caught the person, so they weren't too interested in helping

I'm guessing there isn't much I can do, other than buying more cameras and lights so this doesn't happen again
that happened to me . My neighbor did it just to be assholes

• Sad
Reactions: NanSanPedro

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Oh we’ve been there, lost a few dogs that way, last one was a beautiful male rottie. It’s heartbreaking.

As JD mentioned, it’s often a precursor to a break-in, so be on guard. In our case, it was because our female attacked and killed every chicken (or pig) that came in our yard. The poison was meant for her.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Sorry for your loss. As JD said when it happened to him he was robbed 2 weeks later.
Be prepared as I would bet they will be coming for your stuff very soon.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sorry for your loss. As JD said when it happened to him he was robbed 2 weeks later.
Be prepared as I would bet they will be coming for your stuff very soon.
Perhaps he should view this as an opportuntiy to exact revenge should criminals attempt to rob his home. Ever
seen someone with hands super glued together? Painful is an understatement.

I'm alway curious when I learn about dogs being poisoned. Were they quiet and well-behaved or did they bark all night until the sun comes up?

I've noticed here where I live that ones who are disruptive to the neighborhood's cohesive social order #wesleepatnight seem to die off very quickly yet the ones who are well-behaved don't meet the same fate.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
DR people are sick. My wife has been telling me she really hates DR people because they are assholes. They love to rob, kill or just do about f. anythig. For what? Be honest, it's about Egoism. Just about it.

She said she cant wait to live here in states once the VISA process is finish in few months. She loves DR but the people who is the PROBLEM, fking it up and making it worse.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have had this a couple of times

Dogs lived both times but the 2nd incident, the dog went blind.... had to put her down

Admittedly, two of mine used to wander at night... killing chickens, turkeys , whatever
I chain them at nights now

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Perhaps he should view this as an opportuntiy to exact revenge should criminals attempt to rob his home. Ever
seen someone with hands super glued together? Painful is an understatement.

I'm alway curious when I learn about dogs being poisoned. Were they quiet and well-behaved or did they bark all night until the sun comes up?

I've noticed here where I live that ones who are disruptive to the neighborhood's cohesive social order #wesleepatnight seem to die off very quickly yet the ones who are well-behaved don't meet the same fate.

Correct,
Unfortunately many Dominicans get a dog, never train them or take proper care of them.
Just let them run wild.
A nuisance and barking all night.
Not the animals fault but the owner.
Not much different from children.
Parents have no manners, don't teach their kids and let them run around the barrio like chickens and are not concerned about education.

Reactions: cavok

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I have had this a couple of times

Dogs lived both times but the 2nd incident, the dog went blind.... had to put her down

Admittedly, two of mine used to wander at night... killing chickens, turkeys , whatever
I chain them at nights now
When I had the farm in Puerto Plata, my Retriever would chase chickens and apparently killed a couple of them. One of the neighbors (great folks, btw) came over one day and told me "In the DR, If it comes down to getting rid of chickens or dogs, the dogs will be the ones to go."
Folks won't put up with dogs that kill chickens very long.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
When I had the farm in Puerto Plata, my Retriever would chase chickens and apparently killed a couple of them. One of the neighbors (great folks, btw) came over one day and told me "In the DR, If it comes down to getting rid of chickens or dogs, the dogs will be the ones to go."

That includes the free rangers on other people's property?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Somebody told me the same . I told them they should make bloody sure their chickens don't trespass on my property.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Somebody told me the same . I told them they should make bloody sure their chickens don't trespass on my property.
Doesn't matter. Believe me, with Dominicans that argument will fall on deaf ears.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
DR people are sick. My wife has been telling me she really hates DR people because they are assholes. They love to rob, kill or just do about f. anythig. For what? Be honest, it's about Egoism. Just about it.

She said she cant wait to live here in states once the VISA process is finish in few months. She loves DR but the people who is the PROBLEM, fking it up and making it worse.
If she's moving to one of the big cities in the north east she's, if she's looking to get away from crime and criminal minded assholes, she's in for a real surprise.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Correct,
Unfortunately many Dominicans get a dog, never train them or take proper care of them.
Just let them run wild.
A nuisance and barking all night.
Not the animals fault but the owner.
Not much different from children.
Parents have no manners, don't teach their kids and let them run around the barrio like chickens and are not concerned about education.
Having in a barrio and still spend a lot of time in one on a regular basis with friends, 100% agreed.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I get that and she's fully prepared.
I know a few Dominicans who've recently moved back to Santiago as they got fed up with the amount of brazen criminal activity day or night in and around NYC.
Safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.