Someone stole my propane tank...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Chip you are jumping to conclusions way too quickly. maybe just maybe your neighbor has simply borrowed your gas tank? leave the gate open at night so he can slip back in and reinstall the tank again for you. Maybe he thought you would be out of town so you wouldn't be needing the thing. When you do catch him connecting the tank back to the line, just laugh it off and offer him a beer.
Good luck
AZB

C

Chip00

Chip you are jumping to conclusions way too quickly. maybe just maybe your neighbor has simply borrowed your gas tank? leave the gate open at night so he can slip back in and reinstall the tank again for you. Maybe he thought you would be out of town so you wouldn't be needing the thing. When you do catch him connecting the tank back to the line, just laugh it off and offer him a beer.
Good luck
AZB

I think I'll do as you said. I'll leave the gate open and maybe just leave some eggnog and cookies too...just in case.

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
With all honesty chip thieves are smart i mean lolz **** they stole your propane tank! just get an alarm and put it in a iron cage simple as that

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Talking about a stolen propane tank, if you only knew how the propane distributors and retail outlets rob you right and left when refilling your tanks. A couple of months ago in Azua, I stumbled upon by accident with the regional head of Operaci?n Apache, an ad hoc study group created by the Ministry of Industry and Commerce to study fraud in the propane distribution network. Operation Apache estimated that most retailers underpumped or overcharged customers at least 5% on every filling. I was told that petrol gas stations do it too, and was given the name and location of the only petrol gas station in Azua that did not shortchange customers at the pump.

rooseuclark

Jun 5, 2007
An electric fence would work wonders. The subject of theives always brings out the worst in these type of response. This is why I would never live in the dominican rep.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Have you ruled out the possibility of a family acquaintance or a family member of your wife might be involved in this?

If any of them have visited your home, its something to consider.

I remember read one of your posts and you mentioning that your wife's family are all poor. There might be slight contrasts in standards of living between your home and the homes of your wife's family members and if they have been to your home, then that possibility exist.

Until you are not 100% sure family/acquaintances are not responsible for this, its something you must take into consideration.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Good luck
AZB
AZB, didn't you said once that some petty things from your yard was stolen?

Did you over-reacted?

Did you ever thought of owning a gun after the incident?

Such info could be of help to Chip.

-NALs

C

Chip00

Have you ruled out the possibility of a family acquaintance or a family member of your wife might be involved in this?

If any of them have visited your home, its something to consider.

I remember read one of your posts and you mentioning that your wife's family are all poor. There might be slight contrasts in standards of living between your home and the homes of your wife's family members and if they have been to your home, then that possibility exist.

Until you are not 100% sure family/acquaintances are not responsible for this, its something you must take into consideration.

-NALs

It ain't the family trust me. I have known them 7 years and they already take up for me more than my wife. Beside, they all live in Moca and I have always been very generous with them - especially for medical reasons. Not only that these people care about me and knew me when I was poor just like them drinking rainwater and crapping in the same outhouse for 6 months.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
What's that old saying?
"People have nothing to fear but fear itself."
I forgot who originally said that quote, could had been Churchill, but I'm not sure.
Not an adage, but a quote from FDR's first inaugural speech ....

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Inspector Morse found the culprits ... a sinister conspiracy to steal a propane tank. Let's hear the motive and how the plan was executed.