Sosúa Beach Renovations

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It was "negotiated" recently when the vendor association made an emergency visit and a plea to the government Santo Domingo after the police were on the beach up to 3 plazas with a smaller plaza in the middle. The above thread discusses how that middle plaza was not part of the land donated to the DR government, etc, etc, etc.... But that is what is part of the negotiated agreement.
It will be interesting to see what actually gets built. I can't imagine what leverage the vendors have to have negotiated further concessions(?).

bachata

Silver
Aug 18, 2007
They already charge for the small parking lot that is there. What will be interesting to see is if they still let people park all along the street(?).
I paid $ 250. For parking, arrived around 5:00 pm just couple hours there...
Parking was really tight have to go back and forth probably 10 time to line up the car...
Just because my elderly mom can walk three blocks.

JJ

• Wow
Reactions: habi and cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Parking was really tight have to go back and forth probably 10 time to line up the car...

JJ
At 5pm, people are usually starting to leave. I was there a couple months ago and paid 150 pesos.

Reactions: bachata

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I don't mind paying if the facilities are worth it. Right now there are a couple of guys with a hose washing your feet only, for $25RD. Once they are done, your feet are still full of sand⛱️
I always said they needed to fix the sanitation situation on the beach.

I keep thinking...where are they going to get this fresh water? My experience has been a lack of fresh water for kilometers around.

bachata

Silver
Aug 18, 2007
At 5pm, people are usually starting to leave. I was there a couple months ago and paid 150 pesos.
That day it was packed, the guys made a spot for me right beside where they park all scooters by the stairs.
I was concerned about the car getting some scratches.

JJ

habi

Oct 17, 2015

JJ
There is now a sign on the right when you get to the parking at the beach which says it is 50 pesos per hour (fairly new)... Some emblem from the Ayuntamiento Sosua on it to pretend it is valid....
The issue is the parking belongs legally to the Hotel not to the Ayuntamiento! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:

bachata

Silver
Aug 18, 2007
There is now a sign on the right when you get to the parking at the beach which says it is 50 pesos per hour (fairly new)... Some emblem from the Ayuntamiento Sosua on it to pretend it is valid....
The issue is the parking belongs legally to the Hotel not to the Ayuntamiento! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO:
Yes the parking attendant said he was collecting fees $250. Flat rate per the Ayuntamiento.
Tumbaron a un Inglés... Ja Ja
That's a popular say in DR when someone who knows everything get fooled.
That was me that day.
Not a big deal for me, when I drive to Myrtle Beach or Wilmington I pay a lot more for one hour.

JJ

lifeisgreat

Bronze
May 7, 2016
I think you missed the question. It was about how much rent will be charged in the new plazas. For that nobody knows or they haven't been talking if they do know. No one is going to "own" a rental in the plazas. If one of those renting businesses "sells" something, they are selling a name and perhaps, but not necessarily any fixtures.

And it remains to be seen how that can legally be done within the rental, is subletting allowed, you installed it but you don't own it, etc clauses of the contracts that are still undefined.
You mean its going to be different from pay me $500 a month for my illegal shack now:cool:

bachata

Silver
Aug 18, 2007
You mean its going to be different from pay me $500 a month for my illegal shack now:cool:
It's well known in DR that government constructions are assigned by different departments to individuals who will have limited ownership of the facilities...
Example: apartments complex building are the most common government construction, we have a unit in Santiago since 1986.
We paid the total amount due in 1990s and still we don't have a fiscal title of the property.
But we have the right to rent or sale under price notary "attorney" documentación.

Probably that's what is going to happens in theses plazas...

JJ

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Yes the parking attendant said he was collecting fees $250. Flat rate per the Ayuntamiento.
Tumbaron a un Inglés... Ja Ja
That's a popular say in DR when someone who knows everything get fooled.
That was me that day.
Not a big deal for me, when I drive to Myrtle Beach or Wilmington I pay a lot more for one hour.

JJ
I'm surprised that you are falling into the gringo trap of comparing Dominican prices to the US or other countries (as I believe you are Dominican). If you are always happy to pay what you pay in those other countries, prices for all here will soon creep up.

bachata

Silver
Aug 18, 2007
I'm surprised that you are falling into the gringo trap of comparing Dominican prices to the US or other countries (as I believe you are Dominican). If you are always happy to pay what you pay in those other countries, prices for all here will soon creep up.
Next time will be different, now I know the parking lot doesn't belong to the Ayuntamiento.

JJ

NALs

Polls Forum Moderator
Jan 20, 2003
Do you have something against poorer people? I thought the beaches of the DR belong to all the people? This is pretty bad man.
A part of the beaches do, but beyond that if it's private property the owner can put limitations to access such as requiring everyone that enters to have a reservation in the hotel or to be ready to buy a vacation package or day pass in the lobby. No? Not allowed through the private property.

bachata

Silver
Aug 18, 2007
I went with my family to Playa Dorada, we gain access to the beach going through first the mean entry and then we went thru two gates all with security personnel.
Of courses they know who might be allowed in the facilities the watchimans sees the people and vehicle before they raise that gate they are in business for the public too not only for all inclusive vacation guests.

JJ

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
A part of the beaches do, but beyond that if it's private property the owner can put limitations to access such as requiring everyone that enters to have a reservation in the hotel or to be ready to buy a vacation package or day pass in the lobby. No? Not allowed through the private property.
So the law is useless.

Reactions: drstock

lifeisgreat

Bronze
May 7, 2016
You have an illegal shack?

We have to wait and see what the "deal" is, since they aren't talking about that yet.
No I’ve done enough foolish things in life, just watching over the yrs vicariously through my friends eyes and midlife crisis’s. You too can have a casita 15-25gs $500 month, frozen lemonade stand?

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy