Sosúa Beach Renovations

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Not joke but in July 2021 I spent couple days in Hard Rock resort in Babaro, I would say not exaggerates that 60 % of guests were Dominicans (Dominican yorkers) in majority some others locals, Hispanics from all-over Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Mexican mostly.
Sumner time in PC or Babaro is busy very few Gringos.
Hopefully they will be coming to Sosua soon.

JJ

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not joke but in July 2021 I spent couple days in Hard Rock resort in Babaro, I would say not exaggerates that 60 % of guests were Dominicans (Dominican yorkers) in majority some others locals, Hispanics from all-over Puerto Ricans, Cubans and Mexican mostly.
Sumner time in PC or Babaro is busy very few Gringos.
Hopefully they will be coming to Sosua soon.

JJ
There's a reason they have so many high profile concerts there.

Reactions: aarhus and bachata

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I my opinion this thread is about individuals evaluation of the way and types of changes that are being made.
I do not feel the need to make ad hominem attacks against anyone because I disagree with their opinions.

Of course Sosua will continue to be Sosua. In whatever form it take. Change is coming. And change will happen. There is a HUGE natural resource called Sosua Beach. But what surprises me is the level of vitriol spouted by individuals when the subject of Sosua and Sosua Beach comes up.

My handle is Yourmaninvegas. People call here on DR1 call me Vegas. That name did not just come out of nowhere. I have seen changes happen in to the city of Las Vegas, Nevada in the United States of America. And changes will happen in Sosua in the Dominican Republic. And both places will continue to exist and change absent of nuclear war.

I will not be reading the history of opinions about Sosua proffered here in DR1. My time is much more valuable than to waist it in that particular activity. I live in the expanded present without any idea what the future holds. I do not know if the changes occurring to Sousa will be for the better or worse. But I do know that change will happen. And people will adjust. And prostitutes will be entering those new buildings and establishments. And no one will be able to do a thing about it if is "less visible". And that is what has me on the floor 😂.

Still comes down to a mafia like power move by those with the power and access to the power at the expense of the people for the benefit of the few (in my opinion). But that is the way of the world. But trust me...I will not lose a bit a sleep over it. What I will do is sit up at my favorite table in Pirates Bay and enjoy a good meal and the view as long as they keep operating.
These two statements are so true. Good post.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It would behoove you to think deeper perhaps ..
think TRICKLE DOWN effect ?
You yourself benefit from Tourism $$, no ?
So in effect the Revenue you take in, and then spend , is INDIRECT TOURISM $$.
This is Economics 101...
Even the Wealthy Families who own the Rum and Beer Companies . they may be Dominican, but their Revenue also largely comes from TOURISM Dollars not just Thirsty Dominicans ..
or would you disagree ?
Yes, agreed with you.

JJ

Reactions: jd426

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Currently, there isn't 5% of the in-your-face prostitution that there was for many years. The same goes for the beach. Pretending that it's still a major isssue is nonsense. Some poor suckers build/spent a "fortune" on a "red-light district" in the designated area to the "east" and almost nothing is happening there except a few moto's hanging about and some gringos playing pool with them lol.
What? Sosua is 95% cleaned up of prostitutes ?? Sosua is filled with prostitutes still AND there are more hard core ones than before.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't know what PC looks like at night anymore because I haven't been there in a long, long time, but I'll occasionally drive around what used to be the main strip during the afternoon, and it is NOTHING like it used to be. With all those bars and discos closed, I can't imagine that it's remotely like it used to be at night either. Maybe if you never venture outside of Anhvee or New Garden things still look the same(?)

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
My prediction is that most major construction projects will be canceled or postponed indefinitely.
Reason is the great depression that is already in its early state in Europe and in USA that problably will be worse than the last one a hundred years ago.
We see rising inflation that will probably be a hyperinflation sooner than later.

Sosua beach renovation is not going to happen within the next 10 years.

Alexander

Big

Apr 24, 2019
My prediction is that most major construction projects will be canceled or postponed indefinitely.
Reason is the great depression that is already in its early state in Europe and in USA that problably will be worse than the last one a hundred years ago.
We see rising inflation that will probably be a hyperinflation sooner than later.

Alexander
the chicas and gentleman will be gone when the light rail system is completed

Reactions: David B and jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Alexander
Allegedly the money for the renovations has already been appropriated.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Allegedly the money for the renovations has already been appropriated.
We are talking government money here. Maybe they will surprise us and actually use the money for its intended purpose? You never know.

Prices for everything is skyrocketing, actually out of control. I am thinking they will get about half way and then....magically peter out.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
I don't know what PC looks like at night anymore because I haven't been there in a long, long time, but I'll occasionally drive around what used to be the main strip during the afternoon, and it is NOTHING like it used to be. With all those bars and discos closed, I can't imagine that it's remotely like it used to be at night either. Maybe if you never venture outside of Anhvee or New Garden things still look the same(
I don't know what it looks like inside Ahnnvee, but our home is not to far from Ahnvee in a quiet cross street. Very convenient location because its an easy exit from that part of el batey to our daughters school at ISS.

And one of my business is in the plaza right next door to New Garden .

So basically my route to the business takes me down Pedro Clisante in the morning and back home in the night, same route.

At nights, at close of business as I walk from the business to our home (around 8pm) , seems to me there are more hardcore prostitutes on the streets
( on corners and on motos)

My comparison is based on many years walking the same route home.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

Alexander
I'm afraid you might be right. I'm beginning to think we really screwed the pooch this time.

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't know what it looks like inside Ahnnvee, but our home is not to far from Ahnvee in a quiet cross street. Very convenient location because its an easy exit from that part of el batey to our daughters school at ISS.

And one of my business is in the plaza right next door to New Garden .

So basically my route to the business takes me down Pedro Clisante in the morning and back home in the night, same route.

At nights, at close of business as I walk from the business to our home (around 8pm) , seems to me there are more hardcore prostitutes on the streets
( on corners and on motos)

My comparison is based on many years walking the same route home.
You walk that route at night?:eek:

• Haha
Reactions: Yourmaninvegas