Sosúa Beach Renovations

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Sir Wind. They can turn the beach into a protected ecology museum or an up-scale enclave for families. It will still be a flesh trade town. Many of the gentleman don't even go to the beach. Many never leave the hotel except for liquor and fried food. As long as there is an abundance of 42 dollar rooms and massive supply of chicas it will be what it is. The gentleman in the past would venture down to Cabarete for a change of scenery. Now that a very popular place is closed not so much.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

The waiting is the hardest part:

September 7, 2022​

What will happen to Playa Sosúa Sosúa

Another evil Mercado is targeting is the relocation of prostitution from Pedro Clisante Street to the beach, making the beach famous for its beauty practically a brothel full of prostitutes.​

What will happen to Playa Sosúa Sosúa​

I posted Mr. Collado's intentions last month (see post #82)
These renovations are very much about getting rid of
what Sosua has become so famous for and replacing it
with what they believe is in the best interest of the North Coast.

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I am still waiting for the " 95% Cleaned up" already PROOF or at least further Clarification ..
But the original poster is not here to defend himself yet, so we will wait to see where those odd Stats came from .

"Mr Selfie " lmao , I like that . the guy does sound like a Blow hard who tells the Politicians what they want to Hear , so he can further His Position of Power .
I doubt he can accomplish any of it .

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Me either, but it was your assertion that married men would be afraid they would be tempted. If not married, how would you know?
Not married but wrote this in response to my post:
Didn't you read how he described them? You'd have to be miserably married and beyond desperate to be tempted by anything walking down PC these days.
Circular reasoning at it's best.
I think Burglary , which you are giving examples of with the Razor wire, and Bars on Windows etc , is a completely different Animal from being MUGGED/ Attacked while simply walking down a Street ., unless of course you are very drunk and staggering , then you are a walking Target .
but a regular Person walking down a dark Street in Sosua , its pretty rare to get picked out for a Mugging or worse .
I would feel safer Walking Sosua at Night , than NYC .. It may FEEL dangerous because of the strange Noises etc , but Statistically its pretty safe .

Santo Domingo OTOH, as was said earlier , has some very DANGEROUS streets you would not walk around at night , period .
You are keeping it 💯 and dead on 🎯.
Those who are scared (and we know who they are)...take the actions you need to feel safe.

Anyway I do not see how the renovations on Sosua Beach is going to help taking on any perceived problems on streets.

Reactions: jd426

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I think the assertions that the Sousa Beach Renovations are going to change the streets of Sosua are (insert off color language of your choice here).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Going by the beach a day ago I saw a back hoe on the north side of the highway where the big dig was going on and stopped for weeks,
Any more progress on that? Is this the right thread for both sides of the road since they do seem somehow related?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I've seen reports on FB that there is machinery cleaning a path down to the beach for heavy equipment to enter.

Comments anyone?

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Going by the beach a day ago I saw a back hoe on the north side of the highway where the big dig was going on and stopped for weeks,
Any more progress on that? Is this the right thread for both sides of the road since they do seem somehow related?
They have cordoned off an area with tin panels across the street from the excavation, just above the beach- I assume they will start on the parking lot and overpass on that side next.
More trees to be sacrificed for an Abinader donor's 'vision'.
Soon you can lay on the beach, breathe in diesel fumes and listen to trucks and excavators a few yards away

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
There is a photo on Facecrack of them digging what looks like a possible access road or staging area on the beach side but I don't know how to post photos on here. 😳

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Facebook is a Big Place , can someone post the LINK already , por favor ..
The groups I belong to on FB only Post Promotional Stuff like Restaurants , Entertainment and other businesses
Even those calling themselves " Sosua News" have nothing about this yet .

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
1665681419086.png

I thought I saw a backhoe...

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
You can't see anything now because they have finished putting up the aluminum panels.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Have Any vendors been Given any FINAL Notices yet to clear out their valuables ?
Hopefully Danny will chime in .
View attachment 6511
I thought I saw a backhoe...

Why would they need a Back Hoe ? ..

That is an Excavator btw, in case it was a terminology confusion.
Back Hoe is usually on a smaller tractor , with limited capabilities , as the main focus in on the FRONT of the Tractor . but they could be using the Front Bucket to move stuff around I guess.. a Front End Loader is more equipped for Big Loads though . .. did you see any of those ? because THAT would be a definite sign of Intent to HAUL OUT Large amounts of Debris .. ( ie , knocked down stuff by the Excavator .)
the Excavator is just clearing a path.
but there would also need to be huge Dump Trucks as well.

Reactions: Big

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
the one and only piece of equipment there as of an hour ago is that one excavator,no front end loaders,dozers,backhoes or dump trucks.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Have Any vendors been Given any FINAL Notices yet to clear out their valuables ?
Hopefully Danny will chime in .

Why would they need a Back Hoe ? ..

That is an Excavator btw, in case it was a terminology confusion.
Back Hoe is usually on a smaller tractor , with limited capabilities , as the main focus in on the FRONT of the Tractor . but they could be using the Front Bucket to move stuff around I guess.. a Front End Loader is more equipped for Big Loads though . .. did you see any of those ? because THAT would be a definite sign of Intent to HAUL OUT Large amounts of Debris .. ( ie , knocked down stuff by the Excavator .)
the Excavator is just clearing a path.
but there would also need to be huge Dump Trucks as well.
I guess they didn't need a back hoe, but they needed an excavator? I know of nothing about excavating.

The picture was from Facebook. Are there still any with doubts that work is under way?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Oh my, he called it a back hoe... At least truth hit home that the changes are being made.
They said recently vendors will be allowed to operate during the "transformation"
regardless of how disruptive it may be to those in attendance. I wonder how they
will deal with the electricity and water being disconnected during the construction process
if necessary?