Sosúa Beach Renovations

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
On Wednesday construction was at a pace resembling a construction site. By Friday, things were back to normal with just a few guys wandering around looking for shade.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

March 20, 2023​

Parking lot

Mayor Wilfredo Olivences commissioned an operation to organize the parking lot at the entrance to Sosúa beach on the El Batey side. The plan is to rearrange the parking lot, all this to ensure the safety and flow of visitors. But what exactly they intend to do is not really clear.​

Parking lot

Parking lot​

Parking lot

Parking lot​

It will also have to do with the fact that it will soon be Semana Santa and many people will visit the beach again. At the operation were present, Vice Mayor Chisell Hernández, Emmanuel Gómez, Director of Urban Planning, Police Colonel Cristián José Bello, Politur Lieutenant Colonel Encarnación and Tourism Representative Noesi.​

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Big shake down coming to the visitors .. sort like pay to enter. and the hits just keep coming from sosua beach . when will they take my advice and start the bulldozing process and start over again

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There's somethin' happenen' here. What it is ain't exactly clear....

But one thing is for sure, something is happening. One plaza, two plazas, three plazas? The shell game continues at the pace of molasses in January.

When is the next protest march when everyone closes up shop?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I can't understand why so many intelligent people in this forum and nobody said that the mean reason of the Sousa beach clean up is the mega proyecto financiado por el Banco Central y endorsed by our leader the president of the country Luis Abinader and the Hollywood star Vin Diesel.
One billion dollar Will be invested between Puerto Plata and Sosua.

JJ

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I can't understand why so many intelligent people in this forum and nobody said that the mean reason of the Sousa beach clean up is the mega proyecto financiado por el Banco Central y endorsed by our leader the president of the country Luis Abinader and the Hollywood star Vin Diesel.

JJ
Is was only a memorandum of understanding Vinny signed two yrs ago …photo op handshake next..

Big

Apr 24, 2019

JJ
very little of that coin will trickle down to the Sosua area

• Wow
Reactions: bachata and jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

JJ
They just don't "get it", do they? Big money has been at work and the results are slow but finally happening.