SosĂşa Beach Renovations

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sosua beach is the most degrading place in DR could you imagine a normal family walking through the venders to get to the beach and when they get back to their homeland what they have to say about Sosua.... SOSUA BEACH (n)đź‘Ž :poop::poop::poop:
I say that about Sosua beach and I live on the North Coast. But then everyone knows that.

I do hope they complete the projects on Sosua Beach with new buildings almost certain to contain entirely new businesses, convenient parking, while cleaning up the squalor a couple of people actually like, sorry for them, and that the bulk of people are happy to go there and enjoy it. Work on the first plaza proceeds pitifully slowly. Oh well, that is true of just about anything in the DR.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Sosua beach is the most degrading place in DR could you imagine a normal family walking through the venders to get to the beach and when they get back to their homeland what they have to say about Sosua.... SOSUA BEACH (n)đź‘Ž :poop::poop::poop:
The place that tops Sosua for sleazyness in Boca Chica. I like them for what they are. I do not understand why a family would vacation in either.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The place that tops Sosua for sleazyness in Boca Chica. I like them for what they are. I do not understand why a family would vacation in either.
You may finally be starting to see the reasons why the DR government attempted changes in Sosua over recent years with limited success, and why they are doing the current work on Sosua beach.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
You may finally be starting to see the reasons why the DR government attempted changes in Sosua over recent years with limited success, and why they are doing the current work on Sosua beach.
nope! Your town is what it is. From N.Y to Santo Dom everyone knows and excepts it.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
So, you don't like Sosua. You have made your point several times so now we know. I tend to believe in "live and let live". For those that like Sosua, continue to enjoy it. For those that don't like it, nobody is forcing you to go. There are a few places in the DR that I don't like that much, so I don't go there. I don't feel the need to keep repeating my feelings here on DR1.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I remember when they said the same thing about NYC back in 1980s, then Giuliani got elected and things starred changing.
Wrong country Rey Rey.

But I get your point...
The only consistent thing in life is change.
The one exception to this rule that I have observed in this short life of mine has been the posters here on DR1.
Major changes can take generations or longer.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
So, you don't like Sosua. You have made your point several times so now we know. I tend to believe in "live and let live". For those that like Sosua, continue to enjoy it. For those that don't like it, nobody is forcing you to go. There are a few places in the DR that I don't like that much, so I don't go there. I don't feel the need to keep repeating my feelings here on DR1.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Sandu

Jan 6, 2018
Leave the beach alone______ small improvements _____ there are only a couple hundred other beaches families can go to____ not happy with your investment____ sell at a lost___very easy

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Leave the beach alone______ small improvements _____ there are only a couple hundred other beaches families can go to____ not happy with your investment____ sell at a lost___very easy
David Collado has been wanting to rid Sosua of it's current reputation for a long time. Regardless of how much you, I and many others enjoy the current state of ambiance, it appears that time has come.
Sucks but it's their beach/ country to do with as they see fit.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
David Collado has been wanting to rid Sosua of it's current reputation for a long time. Regardless of how much you, I and many others enjoy the current state of ambiance, it appears that time has come.
Sucks but it's their beach/ country to do with as they see fit.
Exactly CristoRay regarding the desire of the DR government. And if it's as cold as ice afterword, at least he will have accomplished job 1 or moved incrementally closer to accomplishing it.

I personally am in the camp that change on Sosua beach is welcome, even if it is modern and sterile versus the current decrepit and slimy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Independent Man

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A no shirt, no shoes, no service kind of a beach.
Dominicans will always be able to bring their own coolers and food to Sosua beach just like they do now.
Each new restaurant can set their own policy regarding who enters their businesses.
It will not be one or the other.

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Exactly CristoRay regarding the desire of the DR government. And if it's as cold as ice afterword, at least he will have accomplished job 1 or moved incrementally closer to accomplishing it.

I personally am in the camp that change on Sosua beach is welcome, even if it is modern and sterile versus the current decrepit and slimy.
I've said it before and I will say it again. Sosua will go down in history as another classic case of "it was tolerated until it was abused" and yes I believe YouTube and Social Media were a factor as both helped bring attention to a much larger audience.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Dominicans will always be able to bring their own coolers and food to Sosua beach just like they do now.
Each new restaurant can set their own policy regarding who enters their businesses.
It will not be one or the other.

Yeah, that's going to go over well...no bathrooms other than the ones near Charamicos. All that drinking and eating they do...oh boy.