Sosua Amet News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Isn't it different this time if you have to pay your fine at the bank? They can't get their fingers on the $, unless they ask for 500 pesos to fugetabutit
I was ticketed on Wednesday at this exact spot for not wearing my seatbelt. They were professional and courteous in every way,had me on my way in mark time also. They never asked or hinted at a "propina".The officer that I dealt with is the chubby guy with the black vest on in the photo. I could only wish that the cops in my home country operated like these guys did. I gladly paid my ticket the very next day,1667 pesos. Two friends of mine were ticketed on the highway and they remarked to me that they were treated in similar fashion,one of my friends was on a pasola without a helmut and was let go with a warning.

AMET active again in Sosúa

It is early December and Christmas is approaching.​

AMET active again in Sosúa

AMET active again in Sosúa​

This means that the traffic police (AMET) is again coming out to stop motorcyclists if they drive around without the license plate and insurance papers. On Tuesday afternoon, December 7, the officers were checking Pedro Clisante near BanReservas and Super Super. The officers were now equipped with fast motorbikes, so the equipment for the AMET is also improving. However, the bike is no longer confiscated (provided the correct proof of ownership can be shown) and the fine can be paid at a local bank.​

They are out year round, why is this news?

Reactions: keepcoming

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
AMET? No not AMET

To date, I have not yet heard one Dominican refer to them as Digesett. Probably never will.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Isn't it different this time if you have to pay your fine at the bank? They can't get their fingers on the $, unless they ask for 500 pesos to fugetabutit
I'm just guessing here, and not having experience with that, but whose account does the money go into?

Jun 21, 2021
Cabarete
I was ticketed on Wednesday at this exact spot for not wearing my seatbelt. They were professional and courteous in every way,had me on my way in mark time also. They never asked or hinted at a "propina".The officer that I dealt with is the chubby guy with the black vest on in the photo. I could only wish that the cops in my home country operated like these guys did. I gladly paid my ticket the very next day,1667 pesos. Two friends of mine were ticketed on the highway and they remarked to me that they were treated in similar fashion,one of my friends was on a pasola without a helmut and was let go with a warning.
the agent in the black vest is the boss

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
The agent in the black vest is the most professional of the bunch, but he is not the boss. He does have a great work ethic.
Yes, his name is Edison.
A couple of months ago he got assigned to another place, but there were so many citizens that requested that he be brought back to Sosúa because of he's good reputation

Reactions: cavok
Status
Not open for further replies.