Sosua area beaches. Is the beach having more erosion than normal?

zuma48

Jul 15, 2019
1) I am seeing more erosion of the beach, not schooled on this and I am just asking what is happening?
2) Why is there no fish by the beach or any sea life? Is it due to fished out or water toxicity?

Thanks

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The beach comes, the beach goes. Fish? Supposedly an issue with climate change.

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Good maybe the bulldozers don't have to come...

Why are you so obsessed with Sosua beach and bull dozers.. ? I have been around long enough to understand something else is going on when someone is repeating a certain theme every 3rd post or similar. This is what you wrote in your scam thread a while ago:

RDKNIGHT said:

"here's another took a women out to dinner and she order one dinner for herself and one dinner to go....I told her she could leave now because I'm not paying for it...also thank her for letting me knew early she is a chapadora...the best is the waiter tried to tell me this is normal....I told him to pay for it the look was priceless"

Have you been trying to take ladies out for dinners too often in Sosua? If so the beach does not have anything to with your bad experiences and if you would like to date ladies do not do it in Sosua is my suggestion. If you feel you want to visit the place I suggest you focus on other things than just that and maybe your anger will decrease.

Life is too short to be angry or to be obsessed with bull dozers :)

Reactions: habi and Billp16

habi

Oct 17, 2015
1) I am seeing more erosion of the beach, not schooled on this and I am just asking what is happening?
2) Why is there no fish by the beach or any sea life? Is it due to fished out or water toxicity?

Thanks

There aee a lot of changes going on with the sand/beaches not only in Sosua.
Sosua beach on the El Batey side is still wider then it was in the years before the 2017 Irma/Maria huriccanes and the big wave action in march 2018.
The Charamicos side did lose a lot of sand at the last event specially and for some unknown reason it is not getting it back even the Batey beach side gets slowly smaller again.
Now we do have a new player in the current situation along the shore in Sosua, the "wave braker" in front of what was Larimar/Ocen Club/Gansevoort hotel. We have to see what nterfearing with the current like that will do to the beaches at Casa Marina, Playa Alicia and Playa Sosua...
The rumors are that they did an enviormental study about the whole project but it looks like it is one of those famous top secret Dominican studys which nobody has access to... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
The fish issue... There are fish in the shallow waters at the beach, not a lot but there is also only sand and no hiding space for them...

Reactions: Billp16

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Fish need habitat. Flat sandy bottom will not hold fish.
If you swim out to the shallow reef ( about 300 yards) you will see fish).
The locals spear most everything, including tropical, so there is not a lot if fish.
I have seen juvenile lobsters, yellowtail snapper and barracudas on the Sosua reef.
Its a nice swim but there us a risk of being run over by a boat.
A good dive flag might help IF the boat driver is paying attention.

Reactions: habi

zuma48

Jul 15, 2019
Thank you for your reply. I am at Hispaniola beach and have noticed a difference in the last 60 days as the wave blocker was built for the new Marriott.

There aee a lot of changes going on with the sand/beaches not only in Sosua.
Sosua beach on the El Batey side is still wider then it was in the years before the 2017 Irma/Maria huriccanes and the big wave action in march 2018.
The Charamicos side did lose a lot of sand at the last event specially and for some unknown reason it is not getting it back even the Batey beach side gets slowly smaller again.
Now we do have a new player in the current situation along the shore in Sosua, the "wave braker" in front of what was Larimar/Ocen Club/Gansevoort hotel. We have to see what nterfearing with the current like that will do to the beaches at Casa Marina, Playa Alicia and Playa Sosua...
The rumors are that they did an enviormental study about the whole project but it looks like it is one of those famous top secret Dominican studys which nobody has access to... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
The fish issue... There are fish in the shallow waters at the beach, not a lot but there is also only sand and no hiding space for them...

Reactions: habi