Sosua Beach Music

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
All those guys I mentioned above got radio play because their songs weren't dirty (except for Blas Duran). Radio stations like Radio Guarachita and a few others were almost exclusively dedicated to Bachata and Perico Ripiao.

I think what you're referring to the wave of bachateros who went mainstream and started to get played in radio stations that previously would have never played bachata. All of that is due mainly to one guy (Juan Luis Guerra and his Bachata Rosa album). That's the album that made it "cool" for Bachata to get played in the so called "mainstream" radio. That's when people from "La Capital" started to listen to Bachata and that was followed by a slew of young singers.

[video=youtube_share;PkhSqy7ldEg]http://youtu.be/PkhSqy7ldEg[/video]

May 29, 2006
I agree. You really know your history! I think you'll agree with me that Bachata Rosa isn't exactly traditional Bachata.(and then again, neither is Aventura..)

Most of what I know is from a book I read about it a couple years back.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
i was just commenting on the tones of the instruments. the sound of the pen on the grater thing around 1.35 sounds really correct.

I don't understand. What sort of measurement is that and how is it obtained? How are you able to pick out a single sound and attach a value to it? Are there instruments you use to get these measurements?

Ken, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are asking what the 1.35 means, I believe that gorgon is referring to the sound at 1:35 minutes into your video.

:classic:
mob