sosua beach parking fee: is it true?

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
good job to be in it appears,nice and easy; unlike the haitian workers at the top of my road,hammer and chisle on concrete for 300/500 rd per day.Some imbalance somewhere i think .

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
After parking there a couple of times a week for a year now this past weekend he wanted 50RD instead of the normal 20RD. I told him it has always been 20RD and he said ok pay me what you want. So it is still 20RD.

Bob K

Sep 19, 2005
Alan, Aftab has always told me to park up there on the main road, and then come down close to about 1/3 of the beach.......and finally on this last trip I did that on a visit. No one was there....except a guy standing by a car on the main road....I thought he was casing the place...and since there were only about 5 other cars, I figure the little traffic(people) in the area would make my car a target. And since we were leaving that day and had already checked out of the hotel, all my luggage was in the vehicle.

so I was worried the whole time , till I got back. of course no issues...but no one was watching any of the cars up there that day.

actually I love walking that beach and looking at all the people, so I dont mind parking on the ends...even if we get hit up for prompts to come into the shops over and over... the last three visits to the beach I dont think i heard one negative come back, after we expresed our desire to NOT go into their shop, or sit down for a drink at their place......

which is a huge improvement .....usually someone of two gives you some off color remark because you didnt sit down or come into their shop.

bob