Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Not a chance. Pure rumor.

Well THIS guy is SPREADING IT like WILDFIRE ..

Like I said before , this guy either KNOWS people , ( someone said he is a Rich business Owner who knows his stuff)
OR he is the Most Delusions BLANK yet ..

He makes several BOLD Claims

NO casitas are being knocked down , period , UNLESS they are UNSIGHTLY or Abandoned ?
In other words , if you have a nice place , they are not touching you.
Listen to the video .. amazing ..
either a complete turnaround , or these Beach Casita Renters are being Duped .
Even says that All future Protests have been cancelled .

Sosua truly is the Wildest Place on the Island ... lmao

Reactions: cavok and ctrob

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I believe he may have heard that, but he is just spreading rumors.

The vendors are not negotiating from a position of strength. They have nothing to bring to the table except the threat of a Huelga on Rt5. He keeps mentioning "the gov't". The reason the gov't is involved, and the floating the idea of the new "vendor plazas" is to help the developers prevent a bloodbath when it comes time to evict. Nobody wants that. It doesn't look good in the sales brochures.

Half of the beach vendors are on the 60 meter setback, half are on private property. That's the other reason the gov't is involved. All beach shacks will have to be gone for a condo development. To believe this video rumor, you would have to believe that the squatters negotiated a deal to remain on valuable private beach property and on the 60 meter setback with their filthy shallow dug outhouses, whereas the well known family tax paying property owner has to walk away empty handed? Sorry, I don't buy it.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There's only one small problem.
The government is not the property developer, they (according to what I've read) were only given two small parcels of land. One on the Batey side and one on the Charamicos side. Correct me if I'm wrong but everything in between is privately owned. This government is being tight-lipped for a reason. I do not believe these shacks will remain once this project(s) nears completion.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
There's only one small problem.
The government is not the property developer, they (according to what I've read) were only given two small parcels of land. One on the Batey side and one on the Charamicos side. Correct me if I'm wrong but everything in between is privately owned. This government is being tight-lipped for a reason. I do not believe these shacks will remain once this project(s) nears completion.

I agree, but its going to be an absolute ISHT Show until then , because if people believe/ buy into these Rumors , they will spend even MORE of their Money to Make " Improvements" so they dont look like the worst run down shack in the beach ..
This guy pretty much says if you INVESTED and improved your Casita , you got nothing to worry about .
Who will buy into this , is the question.
and it sort of explains the "reasoning" behind the One Owner who is building 2 stories and adding another ? .

Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I agree, but its going to be an absolute ISHT Show until then , because if people believe/ buy into these Rumors , they will spend even MORE of their Money to Make " Improvements" so they dont look like the worst run down shack in the beach ..
This guy pretty much says if you INVESTED and improved your Casita , you got nothing to worry about .
Who will buy into this , is the question.
and it sort of explains the "reasoning" behind the One Owner who is building 2 stories and adding another ? .
I am not in favor of seeing people's lives ruined but I wouldn't invest a dime in a beach front business right now.

Reactions: JD Jones and jd426

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

absolutely correct, it is a mess. There is going to be a small percentage that want to stand their ground. I just hope nobody gets hurt. But considering the long drawn out history of the whole thing, somebody may.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Well THIS guy is SPREADING IT like WILDFIRE ..

Like I said before , this guy either KNOWS people , ( someone said he is a Rich business Owner who knows his stuff)
OR he is the Most Delusions BLANK yet ..

He makes several BOLD Claims

NO casitas are being knocked down , period , UNLESS they are UNSIGHTLY or Abandoned ?
In other words , if you have a nice place , they are not touching you.
Listen to the video .. amazing ..
either a complete turnaround , or these Beach Casita Renters are being Duped .
Even says that All future Protests have been cancelled .

Sosua truly is the Wildest Place on the Island ... lmao
He also told me that the government was given all the land upon which the Casitas are now. Then we find out it is just two parcels, one at each end of the beach. What is it? I have no idea. I consider it all rumor until something official is published and the casitas are eventually removed.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
He also told me that the government was given all the land upon which the Casitas are now. Then we find out it is just two parcels, one at each end of the beach. What is it? I have no idea. I consider it all rumor until something official is published and the casitas are eventually removed.
I believe a best case senario would be the government stepping in to offer some type of compensation/ funds to assist the business owners who were there pre Covid or "X" amount of years.

Obviously I understand they are not obligated to do anything for these people but I think it would help to prevent this situation from turning ugly and potentially drawing a lot of unwanted attention.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I believe a best case senario would be the government stepping in to offer some type of compensation/ funds to assist the business owners who were there pre Covid or "X" amount of years.

Obviously I understand they are not obligated to do anything for these people but I think it would help to prevent this situation from turning ugly and potentially drawing a lot of unwanted attention.
I doubt very much Gov is going to pay off a bunch of squatters…the rumour force is strong in Sosua.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
Sounds like just a baseless rumor to me. It makes no sense after all the presentations of the plazas on either side to now completely abandon the plan, much as I would love it.
But, if the beach vendors have been promised this, can't the government just declare all the shacks as 'unsightly'? It wouldn't even be lie.....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I doubt very much Gov is going to pay off a bunch of squatters…the rumour force is strong in Sosua.

True, that would be a bad precedent for them to set. But the developer might. Paying people to leave is a pretty common method. I've done it a few times myself.

I believe there was already an offer made to the vendors for vacating when the time comes. And some rejected the dollar amount saying it wasn't enough. The "food plaza" thing is also a form of a payoff. Although doubtful any current beach vendors will be chosen for those.

Status
Not open for further replies.