Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why the continuous rage and disrespect for the chicas and their situation. What have they done to you? What have the gentleman done to you? Have they affected your property value, pickpocketed you? You say you live in Cab are you equally as angry at the many chicas in the bars there plying their trade. You claim to have all this knowledge about this massive transformation coming to Sosua . Go up there and walk around on a Friday or Sat night and report back. P.S you might not want to call the girls "whores " I doubt you are physically equipped to defend yourself against a group insulted working girls.
I have ZERO rage in this matter. You also have some limited reading skills , it would appear. Why would I care to go there? I don't tell you what to do, so don't tell me.

I have read about the government's intent for years regarding Sosua. It has been in the news. The government's distaste for the reputation it gives the DR is what is causing this to happen. That is how the government sees prostitution as a problem. NOT ME. I really don't care one way or the other.

It is the DR government that want the whores and whoremongers out of sight so they are also out of mind. Get it yet? Understand the point? Perhaps not..

Take up those rage issues with the government in Santo Domingo. As I said, whoremongers must have reading comprehension issues.

• Haha
Reactions: nigrarosa

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I have no reason to believe the beach will be gone, I guess that is only me who thinks the beach will still be there.
It will. And it will still be public, left open on both ends at the very least. There will be some rules enforced on the beach, so that will kill the Sunday Dominican celebrations. The restaurants will be filtered out to a more reasonable number, less t-shirt shops, more sanitary overall, nice shaded eating area, but the beach ain't going anywhere.

Reactions: windeguy

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I have ZERO rage in this matter. You also have some limited reading skills , it would appear. Why would I care to go there? I don't tell you what to do, so don't tell me.

I have read about the government's intent for years regarding Sosua. It has been in the news. The government's distaste for the reputation it gives the DR is what is causing this to happen. That is how the government sees prostitution as a problem. NOT ME. I really don't care one way or the other.

It is the DR government that want the whores and whoremongers out of sight so they are also out of mind. Get it yet? Understand the point? Perhaps not..

Take up those rage issues with the government in Santo Domingo. As I said, whoremongers must have reading comprehension issues.
More anger and rage!! peace be with you and chive on

Reactions: jd426

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I have no reason to believe the beach will be gone, I guess that is only me who thinks the beach will still be there.

Most of the beach vendors will be done if the government's plan is realized.
The beach will physically be there but the best part of the beach will be gone. Having a nice place to sit, under the trees, drinking and eating the day away, will be no more if I understand the plans. Gee wiz, Cabarete may be a better option after that. I can imagine this will be good for Cabarete Beach's business....hmmm.

Reactions: drstock

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I wonder how many know that Maimon, Sosua and the beach were bombed as a small Cuban force was invading in 1959?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Thank you. Very interesting history I did not know. Does anybody know where the Garden City Hotel was located ?
Up above the bars, you can see the old entrance up on the highway about midway. The Oasis was located where Rocky's is. (this is what I was told)

Reactions: rover

rover

Aug 19, 2007
Up above the bars, you can see the old entrance up on the highway about midway. The Oasis was located where Rocky's is. (this is what I was told)
Yes from what I read the Oasis was located in Rocky's in matter in fact the bar inside was hand carved by the original Jewish settlers.

Can you be anymore specific about the location of the Garden City Hotel ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Heard recently the three entrances to the beach will remain open for the public however
everything in between will be craved up and privatized among those who are interested in investing in
a slice of paradise. Unless this group of beach unions owns a slice of the pie, regardless of
how big or small that slice may be, they don't have much going for them at this point.

I do not want to see backhoes being pelted with rocks but it may very well come to that as I
do not see this government involving any of these beach vendors, if they haven't already
done so, at this point in time.

One need look no further than how team Collado handled moving the vendors at 27de Feb and Duarte
down in the Capital if they dispute my assertion, tho thankfully there weren't any rocks thrown or
tires burned.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Yes from what I read the Oasis was located in Rocky's in matter in fact the bar inside was hand carved by the original Jewish settlers.

Can you be anymore specific about the location of the Garden City Hotel ?
I had been told it was between the beach and the highway...in the jungle. But, I look at the background of the pictures and it does not look like it was there. I am now unsure.

Reactions: rover

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Heard recently the three entrances to the beach will remain open for the public however
everything in between will be craved up and privatized among those who are interested in investing in
a slice of paradise. Unless this group of beach unions owns a slice of the pie, regardless of
how big or small that slice may be, they don't have much going for them at this point.

I do not want to see backhoes being pelted with rocks but it may very well come to that as I
do not see this government involving any of these beach vendors, if they haven't already
done so, at this point in time.

One need look no further than how team Collado handled moving the vendors at 27de Feb and Duarte
down in the Capital if they dispute my assertion, tho thankfully there weren't any rocks thrown or
tires burned.
When they cleared out the stretch of squatter houses from just west of Kite Beach up to the old El Rocon area, they used tear gas and PN to control the people displaced as they knocked every building down in less than one day. There were far more people and a number of block houses there. Time will tell how that works out on the beach.

The 3 entrances discussed above , one on each end and one in the middle make sense, with the rest of the land behind what was donated to Sosua to be built up in however manner the owners of that land get approval to do so. I had heard it was going to be 3 fairly large buildings with condos. That is essentially how I heard it would be many months ago, but we will only know for sure after it is done.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I hope that Dominicans continue to flock to the beach for Sunday and holidays even once the condos are build...imagine a full blown Semana Santa in front of the condos?

They won't. Why would they? They won't like the new beach rules. A "no glass bottles" rule alone will kill it for them. The buses will take them elsewhere.
Life goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.