Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Nah...somebody can start a crypto currency thread and we can read all the interesting posts about how to make our portfolios grow Big
In the link I posted above Collado basically said it's a done deal but I do not remember reading or hearing about the vendors association being an active participant during that process.

The article also says RD$600 million (around 11million USD) is being invested.
That is an awful lot of money for them to spend on (long over due) infrastructure projects only to let those shacks continue operating unabated.

I won't be suprised if (according to the article) when the president arrives in a few days
"He assured that in the next few days, the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, would give the first bite to start said work"...
if the business owners are put on notice.
Note: He chose use the word "bite" when speaking to the press.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
In the link I posted above Collado basically said it's a done deal but I do not remember reading or hearing about the vendors association being an active participant during that process.

That is an awful lot of money for them to spend on (long over due) infrastructure projects only to let those shacks continue operating unabated.

I won't be suprised if (according to the article) when the president arrives in a few days
"He assured that in the next few days, the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, would give the first bite to start said work"...
if the business owners are put on notice.
That article is just a poor translation of the article Habi posted in post 679. You get a whole lot more than a parking lot and a plaza for 11 million dollars.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
That article is just a poor translation of the article Habi posted in post 679. You get a whole lot more than a parking lot and a plaza for 11 million dollars.

Exactly, but not quite enough for two medium sized towers. In the translation First Bite might mean First Installment? Who knows. Reporting here is never spot on, then we lose more in the translation.

What's going on currently in the North side of rt 5 construction site? That might be where the parking is going. And maybe Playa Media will remains open for the public.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
300 space parking lot is 700,000 USD on the high end so call it a cool 1,000,000 USD with graft, theft and inefficiencies.
That leave 10,000,000 left to build a plaza and whatever else they plan to improve.
I saw someone complaining about waste management.
If you are going to move earth this is a good time for those sorts of improvements.
The characters that make the effort to imply that those who use the term "straight gangster power move" don't get it could not be further from the truth.
The fact that the description is so appropriate is what they take issue with.
Whenever you get defensive enough to call other names because your ideas are being challenged...well...you know.

They may have even been a part of the closed door meetings that led up to the big plan being announced.
When the government says you gots to go, you better go. Or else they will cut you down like weed wacker in an overgrown field.
And afterwards they will wave and give a wink and a nod to the people who brought their lawn chairs to watch.
Talk to me about property rights all you like. Follow the money. The vendors don't have it. Nor do they have any rights under the law.

Now what you think they are going to do with that other 10,000,000 USD after they build the parking lot?
That is quite a bit to spend on a small plaza for a few vendors.
What are the loans for?
At what interest rate?
Who will qualify?
Devil is always in the details.

Look for the guys with the duffle bags labeled "property rights" on the outside. 🤪

Go Big
or Go Home‼️

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
300 space parking lot is 700,000 USD on the high end so call it a cool 1,000,000 USD with graft, theft and inefficiencies.
That leave 10,000,000 left to build a plaza and whatever else they plan to improve.
I saw someone complaining about waste management.
If you are going to move earth this is a good time for those sorts of improvements.

The characters that make the effort to imply that those who use the term "straight gangster power move" don't get it could not be further from the truth.
The fact that the description is so appropriate is what they take issue with.
Whenever you get defensive enough to call other names because your ideas are being challenged...well...you know.

They may have even been a part of the closed door meetings that led up to the big plan being announced.
When the government says you gots to go, you better go. Or else they will cut you down like weed wacker in an overgrown field.
And afterwards they will wave and give a wink and a nod to the people who brought their lawn chairs to watch.
Talk to me about property rights all you like. Follow the money. The vendors don't have it. Nor do they have any rights under the law.

Now what you think they are going to do with that other 10,000,000 USD after they build the parking lot?
That is quite a bit to spend on a small plaza for a few vendors.
What are the loans for?
At what interest rate?
Who will qualify?
Devil is always in the details.

Look for the guys with the duffle bags labeled "property rights" on the outside. 🤪

Go Big
or Go Home‼️
I believe they are going to be giving the vendors a window to start packing up but who knows.. maybe some of the guys with connections, nicer establishments and deep pockets will be allowed to continue operating.
Again, I'm not in favor in seeing these folks lose their livelihoods but at the same time RD$ 600 million isn't exactly chump change either.

I hope the beach vendors were included in those meetings and this works out for all parties however I will be the first to admit hope is never a good strategy.

If what Mr. Collado said turns out to be true I am sure Luis will be making some announcements soon.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It would not be difficult for you understand if you would simply use the reading comprehension skills that I know you possess.
Yes, leases end.
All at the same time for a strip shopping center...no
Those that did not end by the time the shopping center was going to be torn down would have to be bought out.
That is compensation paid.
Your ;problem here YMV is that you ASSUME that these vendors have have viable and legally enforceable leases. Like I said, any leases that might have been written(likely decades ago) have probably lapsed into month-to-month leases, so no need to buy out anyone.

So far, there have been three or four public meetings with the vendors and their union. Not once at any time has any vendor, the union, nor the YouTube guy that has a restaurant on the beach ever made any claim that they have any legal right to stay on the beach. That should tell you right there about what the possibility of them having any valid, enforceable leases is. About as close to zero as you can get,.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Your ;problem here YMV is that you ASSUME that these vendors have have viable and legally enforceable leases. Like I said, any leases that might have been written(likely decades ago) have probably lapsed into month-to-month leases, so no need to buy out anyone.

So far, there have been three or four public meetings with the vendors and their union. Not once at any time has any vendor, the union, nor the YouTube guy that has a restaurant on the beach ever made any claim that they have any legal right to stay on the beach. That should tell you right there about what the possibility of them having any valid, enforceable leases is. About as close to zero as you can get,.
Do you have both reading comprehension problems and memory problems ⁉️
Please review what you wrote in Post #719

You started the hypothetical game.
I played along with you.
Now you are saying I am making assumptions.
Nah brother.
Cut that :poop: out and get real with me up in here.
I keep it 💯
Run and go play with your property rights poster with the handle starting with C
Not with me.
I don play dat‼️

You are engaging in Circular reasoning.
A logical fallacy.

Not once did I say the Vendor had any rights to be on the Beach Property
I said in Post #716 "The mistake the vendors made is that they failed to secure their rights under the law".
In my humble opinion the property rights crew do not like me calling it the way it is.
That the entire story sad story they are putting forth about the owners of the land is 💯 percent pure unadulterated Bull :poop:
It is a good thing I don't call names.
Cause I got an entire string of them for you...and your boy.

Now that I have rejected your arguments twice
With authority‼️
And I have shown you without a doubt I go harder in the paint than you could ever dream of doing.

Sit Down (in the lawn chair you brought and enjoy the show with the other guy)
Be Humble

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Do you have both reading comprehension problems and memory problems ⁉️
Please review what you wrote in Post #719

You started the hypothetical game.
I played along with you.
Now you are saying I am making assumptions.
Nah brother.
Cut that :poop: out and get real with me up in here.
I keep it 💯
Run and go play with your property rights poster with the handle starting with C
Not with me.
I don play dat‼️

You are engaging in Circular reasoning.
A logical fallacy.

Not once did I say the Vendor had any rights to be on the Beach Property
I said in Post #716 "The mistake the vendors made is that they failed to secure their rights under the law".
In my humble opinion the property rights crew do not like me calling it the way it is.
That the entire story sad story they are putting forth about the owners of the land is 💯 percent pure unadulterated Bull :poop:
It is a good thing I don't call names.
Cause I got an entire string of them for you...and your boy.

Now that I have rejected your arguments twice
With authority‼️
And I have shown you without a doubt I go harder in the paint than you could ever dream of doing.

Sit Down (in the lawn chair you brought and enjoy the show with the other guy)
Be Humble
Once again, you're making no sense. You're the one that needs to review my post #719. It was in response to you implying several times that the owners were collecting rent. I was playing along with you - not the other other way around.

Circular reasoning? Where? Do you really know what the word means?

You obviously have me confused with someone else. I like Sosua Beach. I'll feel bad for all those that will lose their jobs and also for all the residents of Sosua that will lose the beach scene that they enjoy so much.

Rejected my arguments? Hardly. You have agreed with me that the vendors have no legal right to stay there if the owner wants them gone.

"Harder in the paint"? I think "harder in the Bourbon" is more like it.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Exactly, but not quite enough for two medium sized towers. In the translation First Bite might mean First Installment? Who knows. Reporting here is never spot on, then we lose more in the translation.

What's going on currently in the North side of rt 5 construction site? That might be where the parking is going. And maybe Playa Media will remains open for the public.

"First bite" refers to the first shovel breaking ground.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

I'm not sure what rights you're talking about securing. Any rental agreements on the beach, regardless of who their paying the rent to, will most likely be similar to a North American type tenancy-at-will. And probably verbal agreements at that. Monthly Tenancy at Will gives both parties flexibility to end it at any time, for any reason. Nobody is going to write a 5 or 10 year Commercial type lease on Sosua Beach.

And even long term leases can be terminated or changed. It's negotiated. Unless you buy the property. That would be security.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Review post #716 in this thread.

Your circular reasoning is that I have stipulated to the fact that the Beach Vendors have no legal right to be on the beach.
Both you and the C boy continue to ignore that when they reply to my posts. 🗣️
Why you keep taking issues with me after I have agreed with both of you.
But fail to address my basic questions?

I as a business owner would not open a business without the legal right to conduct business in that location.
That is just me.

@cavok

Do you own property in the Dominican Republic?
I doubt you do.
How do I know this?
Because I asked you more than once to explain why a property owner would allow a prime piece of beach front property to be used in full view of everyone while knowing they were making profit on their property for years, for years and received nothing while being required to pay property taxes on that property the entire time.

If I am wrong and you do own property in the Dominican Republic
Would you allow anyone to come onto that property and set up a business?
Then run that business for years?
And never address the issue?
If you would not, tell us why you would not?

You and the other C boy are free to address these questions.
But neither of you will.
Why is that?
I like Sosua Beach. I'll feel bad for all those that will lose their jobs and also for all the residents of Sosua that will lose the beach scene that they enjoy so much.
Well this is something that we can agree on. And I am glad to see that you will not be bringing your lawn chair to the festivities like the other C boy.
"Harder in the paint"? I think "harder in the Bourbon" is more like it.
Damn Straight‼️
But I don't drink and drive (nor post).

But yes, harder in the paint on the basketball court, harder between the lines on the tennis court (my net game is fierce), harder on the grass of greens (12 footer, braking four inches right, nothing but cup) and harder in the Bourbon, Scotch, Vodka, Ron, Rhum and Tequila.
I live in the 🇩🇴.
I enjoy my life brother.
I suggest that everyone do that.
No one should just get their enjoyment out of life being a keyboard warrior on DR1 🤪

Respectfully,
Gringo Negro reppin EASTSIDE!!

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Are you coming to watch the festivities with us?

Bring a lawn chair.

And some body armor.
Really ⁉️

If you don't understand what have written in my posts.
Please take a moment and read all them all again.
Slowly.
I am writing in English.

If you don't wish to do that just read #743
Answer the same questions contained within I posed to the other C boy.

And enjoy the festivities
I do not see them that way.
I will not be doing that with you.
I don't see anything festive about the destruction of the livelyhood of individuals (stuff you property rights talk in your hole man)

But I do not see any option for the Beach Venders other than to pack up and look for greener pastures.
Maybe explore the options of the loans and the opportunity to get into a spot in the new plaza?
But I actually know the Dominican Republic
It is a nation of men not of laws.
Those spots in the new plaza are already claimed.
By Dominicans
You see now there is absolutely no risk for the new owners opening businesses in the new plaza.
They have the working model right in front of them
Gear your new business to the clientele they are targeting with the development
And it is like a license to print hard currency 💵

You think I am "clueless"
Think again...

"If they wanna battle, I'm ready for war (Woo)
I come from the struggle and love all the trouble, I've been here before (Ha)
I'm done and I'm sick of the talk, with their smiling faces, not anymore (Woo)
Yeah, kick in the door (Kick in the door)
Been in the gutter, I come from the mud, I can give you a tour" -
War, ArrDee $ Aitch

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
YES , you are "clueless" ( not literally , but compared to the Big Money people who actually make things happen and are very Educated )
.. people who think they understand the bigger picture, and who obviously have a more limited Education , are usually the most clueless of all .

This Beach cleansing WILL happen . and its the RIGHT thing for the people who actually OWN the Property and the bigger picture of the North Coast .
this is their Pay day ( property owners) ... and yes they have a right to Celebrate or be " Festive"

Your pretentiousness of looking out for the Little Guy falls way short .
The people who want to have JOBS will Look for a Job in the Newly built Beach Complex . thats on them
No job is OWED to anyone .

What some of you keep forgetting is that you are a GUEST in the DR , even if you have Family there ,you are still a guest if you dont live there 24/7 .. and your Opinion means LESS than Nothing .
So please stop trying to impress people with your Altruistic Double talk .
What you really want to go on forever is the Popping of Bottles in the Beach , pretending your $$ is keeping the Poor Girls Fed and clothed and supplying their Babies with Leche . I myself used to prescribe to that Philosophy ,, but the Times they are a changing ..Big Corporations are moving in .
so you better get on board or find a new Place on the Island where you are the Big Fish in the Little Pond..

Status
Not open for further replies.