Sosua Beach Unions Want More Involvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The only thing nefarious going on is the false hope of plaza spots being given to the vendors. If you remember the timing of the plaza announcement, it was after the vendors started putting up resistance to moving out. Getting tenants to leave when they don't want to is always a bit of a game. I've done it many times. That's what we're seeing transpire here I think. The gov't/owner/developer are hoping the vendors pack up quietly and vacate because they've been given this false promise of getting into a nice new shiney plaza. No gun play, no tear gas, no deaths. That stuff looks bad in brochures. But I really doubt any of the current vendors get a spot. They're getting conned.

300 parking spots? If that's even true reporting, it's probably to accommodate the Sunday crowds. But even that crowd will start to filter away I think and find newer pastures. Sosua Beach is going to look nothing like it does now.
Of course the government is lying to the people. Who in the hell can trust government? That is why everything is vague. Government is for themselves, not the good of the people. The rich are the winners here. It's obvious.

It's the nature of things.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Of course the government is lying to the people. Who in the hell can trust government? That is why everything is vague. Government is for themselves, not the good of the people. The rich are the winners here. It's obvious.

It's the nature of things.
The rich are the winners everywhere. The rest are all just pests per uncle W!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It would make sense for a lot of reasons to bulldoze down all the casitas first, but tourism will sure suffer until the plazas are built. They'd better build them fast. September would be a good time to start.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
It would make sense for a lot of reasons to bulldoze down all the casitas first, but tourism will sure suffer until the plazas are built. They'd better build them fast. September would be a good time to start.
I don't see the influx of tourism to batey that high to really worry. It's mostly fixed horny old timers and a special market segment who really will go on regardless. I don't think Sosua will lose anything, except maybe a few pervs who got discouraged because they took the clisante chicas and now the dirty shanty row where other chicas were found. Dirty, herpes-and-pap ridden drug addicts will not be missed in the long run. Step one is admitting we are powerless

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I don't see the influx of tourism to batey that high to really worry. It's mostly fixed horny old timers and a special market segment who really will go on regardless. I don't think Sosua will lose anything, except maybe a few pervs who got discouraged because they took the clisante chicas and now the dirty shanty row where other chicas were found. Dirty, herpes-and-pap ridden drug addicts will not be missed in the long run. Step one is admitting we are powerless

Tell us how you really feel. lol What happen to make you feel this way?

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Tell us how you really feel. lol What happen to make you feel this way?
Clearly, and indisputably, The DR had let the dream that was Sosua (Batey, Clisante, Playa Sosua) run its course. The once epicenter of sex tourism is now no more. The final bloody stains of a puta and drug culture will be wiped clean the day the bulldozers arrive. Was this not the mission of years now? Have they not wanted to change the Sosua paradigm? Wasn't this the point of it all? Yes, it was. Surely, some of the perv Medicare B segment will survive the transformation. Perhaps they will imbed themselves into the seedy underbelly of Charamicos and Sosua Abajo. Perhaps many will migrate to other areas. With the hopes of a better quality (moral fiber) of tourist segment, food and entertainment - the vision of many years now - fading fast the days of yesteryear. We live in a world of impermanence. Everything arises and falls away.

Reactions: Big

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I was on Sosua beach yesterday afternoon and it was packed. Dominicans, long term resident gringos, weekend warriors - all seemed to be having a good time and helping the local economy. When the project goes through it will be a shadow of its former self. :(

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Clearly, and indisputably, The DR had let the dream that was Sosua (Batey, Clisante, Playa Sosua) run its course. The once epicenter of sex tourism is now no more. The final bloody stains of a puta and drug culture will be wiped clean the day the bulldozers arrive. Was this not the mission of years now? Have they not wanted to change the Sosua paradigm? Wasn't this the point of it all? Yes, it was. Surely, some of the perv Medicare B segment will survive the transformation. Perhaps they will imbed themselves into the seedy underbelly of Charamicos and Sosua Abajo. Perhaps many will migrate to other areas. With the hopes of a better quality (moral fiber) of tourist segment, food and entertainment - the vision of many years now - fading fast the days of yesteryear. We live in a world of impermanence. Everything arises and falls away.
It will just be a nicer area for those things to thrive in. Prices are the thing that will drive people out.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The Dudes who were and are still making the U Tube Videos are the ones you people should be upset at . They brought down Sosua by Advertising it as a Whore town , to the whole world . Stop blaming the Govt like they are some Evil Power ... they just want Tourism to Flourish , and Tourism means Couples and Families .
If they can Co Exist with the discreet Mongers, then thats fine .
But again, look at the BEACH Videos these dudes are still making today .. Videos of the Spandex GIRLS walking by , girls who are obviously on the Stroll for easy money , the focus seems to be on Big Arses . These specific Idiotic videos have ZERO other Content ..
NOT a good Image for Sosua Beach.. . That is the "Ho Stroll" they want to shut down completely.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I know several gringos living in and around Sosua in some of the places you mentioned who are on a fixed income.
Most them are not chasing puta or slowly killing themselves on a barstool.

They enjoy the weather, the beach and lower coast of living when compared to the US or Canada. Some of them living there year round for well over a decade. This group will also be effected by these upcoming changes and some of them are concerned about being forced to relocate further away from Playa due to a higher cost of living.

Say what ya want about the old timers but these guys are loyal to the establishments they frequent and played a roll in helping many local businesses stay afloat before/ during/ after the pandemic.

The transition to "better quality" with hopes of "family tourism" is going to be the nail in the coffin in my opinion.
With the US economy predicted to be in a recession later this year tourism numbers are going to be much lower than expected. A perfect storm on the horizon for Sosua?
I hope not.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know several gringos living in and around Sosua in some of the places you mentioned who are on a fixed income.
Most them are not chasing puta or slowly killing themselves on a barstool.

They enjoy the weather, the beach and lower coast of living when compared to the US or Canada. Some of them living there year round for well over a decade. This group will also be effected by these upcoming changes and some of them are concerned about being forced to relocate further away from Playa due to a higher cost of living.

Say what ya want about the old timers but these guys are loyal to the establishments they frequent and played a roll in helping many local businesses stay afloat before/ during/ after the pandemic.
While playing music over the years, I have met far more than several. The number is growing substantially on the north coast while tourism has steadily been lost to Punt Cana. Inflation has hit everywhere, including the north coast.
The transition to "better quality" with hopes of "family tourism" is going to be the nail in the coffin in my opinion.
With the US economy predicted to be in a recession later this year tourism numbers are going to be much lower than expected. A perfect storm on the horizon for Sosua?
I hope not.
I have no idea if there are any nails going into coffins. Why would trying to make improvements to Sosua kill Sosua?
Dominicans will still go to the beach and bring their own bottles as well, just like before.

I do know that Sosua did not disappear during the pandemic. Why would changing the beach cause the demise of Sosua any more than almost no external tourism has already done?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
While playing music over the years, I have met far more than several. The number is growing substantially on the north coast while tourism has steadily been lost to Punt Cana. Inflation has hit everywhere, including the north coast.

I have no idea if there are any nails going into coffins. Why would trying to make improvements to Sosua kill Sosua?
Dominicans will still go to the beach and bring their own bottles as well, just like before.

I do know that Sosua did not disappear during the pandemic. Why would changing the beach cause the demise of Sosua any more than almost no external tourism has already done?

I think he is saying people that currently live/visit in Sosua will be priced out of the area. This effect of gentrification is common.

My biggest fear is the whole thing won't be completed. I know, this never happens in the DR but it could.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would hazard to guess that once the area is improved and the spandex crowd disappears the natives that stayed away because of them will return in greater numbers.
Yes. That is the family tourism being discussed as far as I can see. Not bringing little John and Jane from the north country although it could happen a little bit, but rather Juan y Juanita back into Sosua from Santiago and Santo Domingo and not necessarily just only to the beach on the more than 1,000 annul holidays celebrated in the DR. ( I do exaggerate on the number of holiday, for effect).

The spandex won't ever be gone, just in different parts of town.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Yes. That is the family tourism being discussed as far as I can see. Not bringing little John and Jane from the north country although it could happen a little bit, but rather Juan y Juanita back into Sosua from Santiago and Santo Domingo and not necessarily just only to the beach on the more than 1,000 annul holidays celebrated in the DR. ( I do exaggerate on the number of holiday, for effect).

The spandex won't ever be gone, just in different parts of town.

Its already happening like at Playa Chiquita Disco at night . ( according to these video guys ).
The Disco used to be ONE place where mostly ATTRACTIVE Young Women would congregate , at least in like Santo Domingo .
not at P C . disco

Its kind of sad that Point and Clicking these Spandex lard asses is all these dudes seem to know . Zero game .
It never occurred to them to NETWORK a little bit on Feyboo ? an absolute Gold Mine for them , and then everyone could be happy .
Those Fat bottom girls Strolling on OUR beloved Sosua Beach , for absolutely no reason other than to provide Eye Candy to these dudes , really is an eye sore to the rest of the population.
We all know who is way over feeding them .

Status
Not open for further replies.