Sosua News On Passions Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Shallow? We have very nice BBQ's.

My wife and I go to Los Gringos every NOW AND THEN. Guess who we see? Our old friends that we use to go out with in Sosua years ago. Now we run into each other 2 hours down the road to have a nice LUNCH. Go figure?

I'm sorry that you are having bad times. But really..... It's my fault? ROFL. As I said; many of us STOPPED investing in Sosua for the very reason that you are complaining about. You just backed the wrong donkey at the wrong time.

To me it sounds as if you like to dine at home and have a BBQ.
Go out for lunch, 2Hrs sounds like quite a drive. No mention of dinner.
There is nothing that stops you from having eggs benny at Britannia, or to enjoy a sunset dinner and drinks at the Waterfront or Baileys which seems good enough for the mayor.
A nice german dinner at El Rancho or El Porto at Sosua Ocean Village.
The story that you used to go out 3X a week with a big following and stopped because of the girls in Sosua sounds far fetched.
Just enjoy the Ponderosa, nothing wrong with that!
Sosua will survive your dining boycott.
Owners who live at Infiniti Blu, Hispanola, Club Nautico and Terramar still eat out.
The Florida retirees like lunch or an early dinner between 5 and 6.
Serious money and investors have better choices than the DR.

SosuaJoe

Feb 24, 2005
"The story that you used to go out 3X a week with a big following and stopped because of the girls in Sosua sounds far fetched."

May sound far fetched, but it's been my experience as well. I live just outside Sosua, but if I want a beer I drive to Cabarete. Going out for a beer in Sosua is unpleasant.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
"The story that you used to go out 3X a week with a big following and stopped because of the girls in Sosua sounds far fetched."

May sound far fetched, but it's been my experience as well. I live just outside Sosua, but if I want a beer I drive to Cabarete. Going out for a beer in Sosua is unpleasant.

This may be true for a handful of people. My truth is I go out in Sosua because I find Cabarete unpleasant. Can we all just go to the places were we feel comfortable?
....or is the goal here to make Sosua like Cabarete so people don't have to drive down the road?

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

Time to change the tag to CabareteJoe:classic:!

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
So here we go again lets play the scenario.... Sosua is being around for ages. Estabilished spot for guys to come down and have adult fun with the chicas.... Cabarete is younger fitter hipper crown.... to the east RSJ... Playa Grande and Cabrera...
Up and coming 5 stars Hotel, nice beaches family atmosphere...Plenty of nice properties, very little prostitution, Villa Castellamonte, Nice small niche hotels....
East of that... Voila!!! the place of the moment... Las Terrenas... Samana....
Let me continue... Miches up and coming... Barahona up and coming.... Montecristi otro polo turistico...
Now the all inclusive Monster...all you can puke and drink... Punta Cana with the busiest airport in the country.
So please tell me that D"latino is gonna turn into hard rock Cafe???!!! Passions into Space Miami???
Sosua is Sosua...25 years ago was the only game in town... Now you have a whole different country, people, visitors.
Boca chica and Sosua, ( and btw I do like Sosua, I don't do chicas but its not my business how guys spend their money)

The numbers plain and simple don't add up. Numbers don't lie... what are these new customers gonna do?
fly to punta cana and then go to Sosua? or Maybe come in the Cruise ships to the soon to be built Port in Samana and come to Sosua?
Instead of having their wedding in Villa Castellamonte, have it in Sosua? Blow away the soon to be revamped Playa Grande golf course and go to Sosua? "family oriented Sosua"

shall I continue??

oceanspear

Nov 23, 2012
Sosua, just like Boca Chica, Thailand, Phillipines, Costa Rica has a very well known niche fame worldwide for what it is. It did not materialized out of nowhere. It takes plenty of time to build a reputation, it will take a looooong time to shed that skin
Cuba is opening up also as a tourism spot really fast.... if the ministry of tourism cut that income stream... they are doomed.

May 29, 2006
Most mongers spend more in a day than the average ex-pat spends in a week, and that's before paying for chicas. As for families, they hunker down in the AIs and might go to Bailey's or Britannia at some point, but the AI money isn't spread around much.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Most mongers spend more in a day than the average ex-pat spends in a week, and that's before paying for chicas. As for families, they hunker down in the AIs and might go to Bailey's or Britannia at some point, but the AI money isn't spread around much.

Peter, i am so glad you said that. i was waiting for someone to remind these 'family tourism " guys that a guy who chases poon tang spends far more money in a day than these guys who buy some 699 dollar package deal, drinks till he pukes in the hotel, and buys a straw hat and a packet of coffee to take back home. i am a black man, and i meet up with African American guys who come down for the girls. go to Playero, and look at what is in their cart. they bring the USA swagger with them, and buy Grey Goose vodka and Hennessy, and spend big bucks on the girls, because they have the strip club mentality that they bring from home. they spend more in one day than all these "decent , regular, family tourists" spend in a week. furthermore, most of it goes into the outside economy, not into the A1 coffers.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
is it just me, or has this prostitution thing in Sosua suddenly become a major eyesore and decline of life qualities since those African American guys discovered it? i never heard all this bawling before they started arriving en masse.[/QUOTE

I agree, not to turn things racial but I believe the sight of packs of AA walking around town with towels on thier head sporting the lastest gangster fashion has an influence.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
is it just me, or has this prostitution thing in Sosua suddenly become a major eyesore and decline of life qualities since those African American guys discovered it? i never heard all this bawling before they started arriving en masse.[/QUOTE

I agree, not to turn things racial but I believe the sight of packs of AA walking around town with towels on thier head sporting the lastest gangster fashion has an influence.

of course it does!! you may not want to couch it in racial terms, because it does not sound PC, but let us not run away from the truth. i have seen this before. when the brothers discovered Blackbeard's, and started wandering around Costambar in their gangsta chic garbs, it was as if the end of civilization had arrived. Costambar 'family types" were really on tenterhooks. the word among gringos was that it was a good thing, in part, because it would signal the death of Blackbeards. the black guys began to hear about the resentments, and that is when they took their show on the road, to Sosua. now, the same thing is rearing up again. these guys are going to be the death of Sosua, we are told.

May 29, 2006
Peter, i am so glad you said that. i was waiting for someone to remind these 'family tourism " guys that a guy who chases poon tang spends far more money in a day than these guys who buy some 699 dollar package deal, drinks till he pukes in the hotel, and buys a straw hat and a packet of coffee to take back home. i am a black man, and i meet up with African American guys who come down for the girls. go to Playero, and look at what is in their cart. they bring the USA swagger with them, and buy Grey Goose vodka and Hennessy, and spend big bucks on the girls, because they have the strip club mentality that they bring from home. they spend more in one day than all these "decent , regular, family tourists" spend in a week. furthermore, most of it goes into the outside economy, not into the A1 coffers.

One of my friends does DJ work in the City as a side gig about once a month. I keep telling him if he were to go down to Sosua and play club mixes, he could well. I'm not much of a fan of the Reggaeton and that Europop sure isn't going to be a winner with the NYC crowd. He's got the full set up including the turntables that work with digital recordings. Only thing is he's a real family guy and so the chicas aren't much of incentive for him to get down there.

craigP

Dec 4, 2012

seriously " Packs of AA walking around??!! Right, I guess this was a white man's paradise before "they" came... racist pig!!!

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
and we already know what your story is drescape24 just based on your previous post
I hope they closed the one by my condo! I am very tired of the dirty Haitians yelling massage at me every time I walk by.
seems you have trouble with any race darker then you!

craigP

Dec 4, 2012
Not true. I just call it as I see it.
your comments are offensive and racist, your very use of the word "pack" denotes your objectivication of darker races as less then human, but thats your problem, I just wanted to make sure you were called on it......

Status
Not open for further replies.