Sosua Ocean Village life? Issues or anything?

zuma48

Jul 15, 2019
Does anyone live or own in SOV? Curious about the place. We will be spending some time there.

thanks

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Very few rent or go there. That should tell you something. Not anywhere on my list to enter at all.

Not sure where you got this information? The place is popular, especially on weekends. It has a water park for children--the only one on the north coast. It also has two or three restaurants, and now has their own micro brewery as well. It also has, hands down, the nicest gym on the north coast, south coast, and everywhere else except for...say Santo Domingo.

They kicked me out of their gym about three years ago, but that's a long story.

They also have by far and away (nothing remotely close) the best tennis courts--now with an overhang that blocks out the sun. They have a fantastic tennis coach, Iliad, and a lot of good people.

I heard also that now they have a fish farm? and some kind of big park. Not sure on those details. I have been in 1.5 yrs since the new changes.

The place is spotless and the staff are wonderful. I really liked the place a lot and my daughter took tennis lessons there. She just went to State here in Ohio, so she did really good.

The grounds are also excellent, and yes, their a little pricey, but i was more then happy to pay the extra price for the incredible views, peace & quiet, good food, great coffee, and wonderful gym. The security is top notch as well.

This is my objective view, coming from someone who was kicked out of the gym!!

PS. I heard from many people that their micro-brewery beer is excellent!!

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Cool place for families, maybe the best NC

I did not intend to post in this thread, because I have only visited 3 times with family/children, and I do not live there.

But I see that does not hinder others from commenting stuff that I would consider of little help to OP. (facts missing)

For us it was a great family experience, everything looks modern and nice from the outside.
Great facilities playground/pool for children. Nothing like that elsewhere in the NC.

I guess there is something to be said negative, but then bring the facts to the table with intent to help the OP

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/opinion/2019/05/20/sosua-ocean-village-responds-to-dominican-today/

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maria's Restaurant in SOV is quite good. Have not been to the original restaurant in a while.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Frank, I brew myself.SOV has best craft beer on the NC, not that there is much competition. Yes good beer.

Actually you can buy it cheaper than Presidente, a guy in Sosua takes orders by whatsapp

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I did not intend to post in this thread, because I have only visited 3 times with family/children, and I do not live there.

But I see that does not hinder others from commenting stuff that I would consider of little help to OP. (facts missing)

For us it was a great family experience, everything looks modern and nice from the outside.
Great facilities playground/pool for children. Nothing like that elsewhere in the NC.

I guess there is something to be said negative, but then bring the facts to the table with intent to help the OP

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/opinion/2019/05/20/sosua-ocean-village-responds-to-dominican-today/

This is cool...they were building and installing thousands of solar panels when i left. Nice to see that it is finished.

"The main source of electricity for all the project’s needs is solar energy, we have our own solar power plant. Our guests, office and maintenance staff use 16 solar cars and 30 electric golf carts to move around. Moreover, there are 2 solar shuttle buses that are free for all the residents, visitors and employees. Street lights are also solar. It is worth noting that the installation and operation of all the equipment is done according to the law and with the preparation of all the necessary documents."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Frank, I brew myself. Best craft beer on the NC, not that there is much competition. Yes good beer.

Actually you can buy it cheaper than Presidente, a guy in Sosua takes orders by whatsapp

More info please?

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Very few rent or go there. That should tell you something. Not anywhere on my list to enter at all.
Wrong,plenty of people rent and go there. I have rented in there many times and the water park always has quite a few day visitors.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have a condo at SOV. They are building a lot of small villas adjacent to the condos. The whole compound is secure and well maintained. We rent out our condo for short term rentals (mostly to Americans and Canadians) and use it ourselves on occasion. I generally like the place, its very children friendly.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I have a condo at SOV. They are building a lot of small villas adjacent to the condos. The whole compound is secure and well maintained. We rent out our condo for short term rentals (mostly to Americans and Canadians) and use it ourselves on occasion. I generally like the place, its very children friendly.

Congratulations! I am curious about the "60 meters Law". Are locals or other outsiders allowed to the SOV beach?

tripp789

May 4, 2018
Congratulations! I am curious about the "60 meters Law". Are locals or other outsiders allowed to the SOV beach?

What beach? I don’t think they have one, just a rocky coast. I did hear they were considering digging out a “lagoon” but I don’t know if it has or will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What beach? I don’t think they have one, just a rocky coast. I did hear they were considering digging out a “lagoon” but I don’t know if it has or will happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a beach area.
I’m sure if you go to the restaurants or pools etc you are allowed at the beach as well? No one is really around there when I walk by.
It’s right next to the owners house so I highly doubt there are tons of scrubs running about.

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
There is a beach area.
I’m sure if you go to the restaurants or pools etc you are allowed at the beach as well? No one is really around there when I walk by.
It’s right next to the owners house so I highly doubt there are tons of scrubs running about.

I had a swim in the ocean last time I visited. The «beach» were tiny, I would guess 15m wide?
Nice to take a dip and feel the waves, no problem. Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, huge place.

They charge a reasonable entrance fee for visitors, very good pools/water parks.