Sosua Resident Murdered and Chopped Into Pieces

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
A German Nationals body parts were discovered in a 45 gallon drum on his property today.

He was rotting for approximately 30 days.

I wondered why it was so quiet in this part of town.

He will be missed... R.I.P.

Who sold his jackhammer ?.....

Wow! Crimes are RAMPANT in the ISLAND! It looks like the GOVERNMENT does not make CRIMES A PRIORITY? Well, that will certainly DISCOURAGE foreigners to live in the ISLAND if it is not already happening!
Not too good for the DR

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The OP lives down the hill behind BP, so I am guessing it is near Blue Bayou, perhaps he can clarify when he returns?

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks guys, that really helps. My condo is across from Infinity Blue. I am trying to image where the house is located. Much closer than I imagined. Gracias!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
This is a translation by Bing of the last paragraph of the article -

But in its report, the police said that they have never anyone arrested for investigation purposes, sources indicated that they suspected that the fact was committed by a Haitian who worked with the victim.

It always seems this way but this property is in a very valuable spot! So perhaps, and this is speculation , other forces are at work here.

Olly and the Team

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Olly and the Team are the super sleuths as the clue I planted earlier was the jackhammer and who used the jackhammer and who didn't pay the operator of the jackhammer.

Run Forrest Run !

You have to pay the people you hire or end up like Rasputeen.

DR is only dangerous for these type of people

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
It's behind Blue Bayou?
No Ocean frontage?

not ocean front it us 25' wide and 3 stories high and is adjacent to blue by you parking lot

If you go to the park you can see a waterfront house between the deceedants property and where I live...don't know who has title but the property needs to be demolished as the first 2 floors have been gutted like a pig being prepared for sausage

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Is it me or theres a looot of crimes in sosua lately?

What is safer for a gringo, santo domingo or sosua?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is it me or theres a looot of crimes in sosua lately?

I think there is crime everywhere, but maybe more common where there are a lot of expats [perceived $$$$].

We also have a LOT of DR1ers who live on the north coast, so those are the stories we hear. You know the old 'if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, did it fall'? I'd say 'if someone gets robbed or killed and we don't hear about it on DR1, did it happen'?

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I wonder if there is a tipping point when these types of stories will actually dissuade foreigners from moving to the DR. The crime doesn't seem to be that bad because there is still a parade of gringos trying to move to the DR. Sounds like it is becoming more like the Wild West, if the police themselves are highly corrupt and/or the system is unwilling to side with a gringo in legitimate complaints. Should be an interesting next couple of years, especially in places like Sosua.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I wonder if there is a tipping point when these types of stories will actually dissuade foreigners from moving to the DR. The crime doesn't seem to be that bad because there is still a parade of gringos trying to move to the DR. ...

I'd wager that a majority are blissfully unaware of such events prior to moving here based on some of the locations they choose to live in.

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
@Tamborista: if you mean 'yes', I don't feel like a winner any more (but nothing against Perla).