Thru Payita

C

Cdn_Gringo

Possible reasons for the lack of progress:

1) Paving equipment is broken again.
2) No more asphalt available
3) Paving Co. hasn't been paid
4) Trucker's Syndico is protesting something
5) All of the workers are at chico cill's being retrained.

B

Bob Boyd

BE OBSERVENT. The paving equipment has been taken away. The heavy construction machines, graders & rollers, were being loaded on trucks yesterday. Even the crews doing cement work seem to be gone.

W

windeguy

BE OBSERVENT. The paving equipment has been taken away. The heavy construction machines, graders & rollers, were being loaded on trucks yesterday. Even the crews doing cement work seem to be gone.

This tends to happen for lack of payment. Time will tell. Or there could be a shortage of asphalt. Planning is not a forte of people, as in the government, doing this kind of work, which to anyone who is observant, should be obvious.

C

chico bill

The work is supposed to continue all the way to Nagua.

By 2022 maybe?

I think they can stop just two miles past Cabarete. The rest of the road is acceptable if they fix the washouts but can you imagine the revolu in Gaspar Herndandez should they actually do that ? The road would need to be blocked for a week.

Contractor or asphalt company paid or not, I think the mayor of Sosua is busy on the phone yelling some unique Dominican curse words to anyone who will answer her calls. I imagine the Police are not happy, nor Super Pola, nor the downtown businesses, nor the "clinic" CMC about having a torn up road for weeks with no end in sight.

I have made the decision to not go into Sosua, except if really needed, because of the dusty bumpy mess. I am sure there are others staying away to avoid issues with their cars, even if it's just not wanting to wash it daily.

C

chico bill

Then you only have to wait for the part from Cabarete until whatever area it was not yet done. Over 90 Km to go then...

If the traffic jams are anything like what happened in Charamicos that 90 KM trip would take....

C

Cdn_Gringo

I do wish they hadn't ripped up so much of the old road surface initially.

R

rogerjac

Not a lick of work done all week. How much retraining are they getting. Maybe the asphalt grindings on the edge will be gone by the time they return and one of the problems regarding their work quality will be solved. Many more will remain. A scooter is hard to keep straight in those deep groves...don't know how the narrow tire motos do it.

R

rogerjac

Yahoo....they are back to work and paving has resumed....the traffic sucks but at least they are getting some blacktop down.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
So here we are the beginning of November in a few days and the road is still torn up. OK it is paved up to Super Pola on one side only and the Playero stoplight on the other. The rains seems to have returned, (raining now as I type) - so welcome to Sousa all you tourists - Enjoy the bumpy road, and daily power outages, - it is after all still the 3rd world.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Not to mention that they still have to put the top coat on. Last week the top was only done up to Montellano.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Have an airport run this afternoon, what are the chances they have resumed paving?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Have an airport run this afternoon, what are the chances they have resumed paving?

Depends on if the mayor has any clout ? I think the paving company must be leaving the last 1/2 mile for bargaining purposes, like 'pay us and then we'll finish".............or they were paid in full and have no incentive to finish now, like cell phones on Mercado, you likely won't receive what you pay for in advance