Sosua - Welcome to the Red Zone - Sosua

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
BA-RO, how is Ahnvee going to stay afloat if they are losing high rollers like you🤣
My point was that it wasn't about 500 pesos. Of course I am going to spend more almost anywhere I go. My point is charging a fee to get in a restaurant is insulting. In my time living here I have eaten at many of the best restaurants that exist (or at least existed pre Wuhan Virus) and of course none of them charge a cover to enter.

Reactions: JD Jones and Big

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
My point was that it wasn't about 500 pesos. Of course I am going to spend more almost anywhere I go. My point is charging a fee to get in a restaurant is insulting. In my time living here I have eaten at many of the best restaurants that exist (or at least existed pre Wuhan Virus) and of course none of them charge a cover to enter.
Didn’t Classico charge a entrance fee ?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
BA-RO, how is Ahnvee going to stay afloat if they are losing high rollers like you🤣
Some people just like getting suckered out their
money at the front. You know the type... or Desperate.
My good friend is neither.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

"Frank" sort of reminds me of the "Hispanic" version of Martin "Marty" Byrde.
Pretty much the same concept. Apples and oranges, but still fruit.
Regardless, he made a great presentation and his bosses should be very happy with him.
Planning and design are everything.
Planning and design.
I believe it is a nice concept that will indeed succeed, if it is allowed to.

Reactions: slowmo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
The way it works is the alcalde talks to SD and tells them what he thinks should be done, then SD tells the fiscal what to do, if they have to go thru la fiscalia. Fiscals rarely make any decisions on their own. I've known Willy since his Sosua Life days, even did a few deals with him...

Back to my original point: "...with Willy letting Flow and Rumba and all the spots "downtown" open up again it's gonna be tough for this guy to make his million back within two years"

On paper, they will/should make their money back, and profit as well.
Just my educated guess, and opinion that the "money" is not an issue.

Reactions: JD Jones

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Yes Classicos' was a club and the times I went I paid the entry fee without a problem. Anvee is a hotel and I was going to try their restaurant. Do you see the difference??? Do you pay entrance fees to enter restaurants? If so I have a bridge to sell you.
Where is bridge ?can I put toll booth?:cool: your first mistake was going for food in pootytangville

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
"Frank" sort of reminds me of the "Hispanic" version of Martin "Marty" Byrde.
Pretty much the same concept. Apples and oranges, but still fruit.
Regardless, he made a great presentation and his bosses should be very happy with him.
Planning and design are everything.
Planning and design.
I believe it is a nice concept that will indeed succeed, if it is allowed to.
Marty Byrde??? Are you kidding??? This guy is more Vinny Boom Bots😂 to paraphrase: an yous can come ova heres to da baar and getch ur drinks and ova here's is da pools and we got your batrooms ova heres, look, never been ust, an ova heres is da strip areas gethchur lap dances an more batrooms ova heres 🤣
Bottom line: I wouldn't want to get on da wrong side of dis guy...ova heres😜

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Do you not like sports, or a game of billiards from time to time?
Very interesting thread. I'll try and touch on a few things that made me curious.
First, Niagara Falls. It's nice, but if you lived near there as I once did it's more like so what? People still come. The motorcycle ride to Ft Erie for a beer is better (so's the beer).
Now I'm near Cape Canaveral, I see so many launches that it too became a 'so what moment'. Still people still throng to see a rocket go up. Okay for them if that's what they're into. Personally I can't see it as worth the travel.
Now about Sousa, I am not there yet, thanks covid, but am planning. Reading this thread I'm getting an impression it's becoming akin to a Vegas slum.
Sports or billiards? I like some, and can play fairly well. I have also seen many a fight over them. Like a card game, know your dealer, stay out of hospitals and prisons.
Get the rules straight first about the game. Do not bet your health on either. On that health thing, here people are starting fights over not wearing a mask. Dosen't matter if they don't if you do right?
Punta Cana? Out of my tax bracket for a round of golf, oh well.
So I ask, what is the hwy. like from Santiago to Sousa? To travel at night? I'm flying in to find a place to keep my boat.
Or should I just go to Cuba and sail back and forth to Great Ignagua for cash?
Thanx folks.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Very interesting thread. I'll try and touch on a few things that made me curious.
First, Niagara Falls. It's nice, but if you lived near there as I once did it's more like so what? People still come. The motorcycle ride to Ft Erie for a beer is better (so's the beer).
Now I'm near Cape Canaveral, I see so many launches that it too became a 'so what moment'. Still people still throng to see a rocket go up. Okay for them if that's what they're into. Personally I can't see it as worth the travel.
Now about Sousa, I am not there yet, thanks covid, but am planning. Reading this thread I'm getting an impression it's becoming akin to a Vegas slum.
Sports or billiards? I like some, and can play fairly well. I have also seen many a fight over them. Like a card game, know your dealer, stay out of hospitals and prisons.
Get the rules straight first about the game. Do not bet your health on either. On that health thing, here people are starting fights over not wearing a mask. Dosen't matter if they don't if you do right?
Punta Cana? Out of my tax bracket for a round of golf, oh well.
So I ask, what is the hwy. like from Santiago to Sousa? To travel at night? I'm flying in to find a place to keep my boat.
Or should I just go to Cuba and sail back and forth to Great Ignagua for cash?
Thanx folks.
The road from Santiago to Sosua is great once through Puerta Plata. Incredible vistas and viewpoints and mostly smooth sailing on a new, wide highway like road.

There also plans for another North South road as mentioned that will make the trip much faster albeit years down the line.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The road from Santiago to Sosua is great once through Puerta Plata. Incredible vistas and viewpoints and mostly smooth sailing on a new, wide highway like road.

There also plans for another North South road as mentioned that will make the trip much faster albeit years down the line.
The views aren't so good at night. Personally I gave up driving distances here at night a while ago. Vehicle lights - either too bright or non-existent are a big problem.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The views aren't so good at night. Personally I gave up driving distances here at night a while ago. Vehicle lights - either too bright or non-existent are a big problem.
So true. I hardly ever exceed 80-90 km per hour day or night. The PED lights make it impossible to see all the idiots who wear dark clothes at night riding a motorcycle with no lights.
One of the most ignorant things people do here.

Reactions: jd426 and cavok